idiot_stimpy

For those who have glimpsed 'no self'

That's true. I guess I still haven't escaped dualistic thinking. Hehehe.

I think you're more spiritually advanced then most here, but you like to play the fool.

220px-RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg

but you like to play the fool.

I won't speak to the first part of your sentence as I already have enough work dealing with my ego.

But yes, if I can't make someone laugh, even if it is "at" me then I'm not doing very well.

• Like 1

I won't speak to the first part of your sentence as I already have enough work dealing with my ego.

Ha, why does my intuition tell me you know more then you make out

rozenkrojceri.jpg

DAT ROSA MEL APIBUS "The Rose Gives The Bees Honey"

One of the devout who had deeply plunged his head into the cowl ofmeditation and had been immersed in the ocean of visions, was asked,when he had come out of that state, by one of his companions who haddesired to cheer him up: 'What beautiful gift hast thou brought usfrom the garden in which thou hast been?' He replied: 'I intended tofill the skirts of my robe with roses, when I reached the rose-tree,as presents for my friends but the perfume of the flowersintoxicated me so much that I let go, the hold of my skirts.'

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/pwh/sadi.html

http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/Eberly/CommentaryDR.htm

Edited by idiot_stimpy

Q. -- who/what gives honey to the rose?

Putting up a Bashar video and connecting the concept 'No Self' to it seems pretty cool.

Do you actually pay heed to this chap, I. Stimpy?

I have always thought 'channelling' is as new-age as one can get, but that's only a very limited opinion since i dont know much about his work. Having said this, in Tibet consulting oracles are very much the norm, so i am wondering what all the fuss is about.

I think you're more spiritually advanced then most here, but you like to play the fool.

220px-RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg

after more than 17,000 posts, its hard not to be both a fool and spiritually advanced, right, MH? :D

• Like 1

Ha, why does my intuition tell me you know more then you make out

I have been asked before to qualify myself and replied that doing so was for others to do.

I kidnapped the rose for later addition to my computer graphics art collection. Thanks.

True, sometimes we have no gifts to share except the words of our experiences.

after more than 17,000 posts, its hard not to be both a fool and spiritually advanced, right, MH? :D

Hehehe. Like I just said above, that is for others to determine.

Edit to add:

17,000! Wow! That dude talks a lot!

Edited by Marblehead

Q. -- who/what gives honey to the rose?

Following the trend, connecting to Bashar videos, I thought of this one.

http://youtu.be/njKs8v61kMU

Do you actually pay heed to this chap, I. Stimpy?

I have always thought 'channelling' is as new-age as one can get, but that's only a very limited opinion since i dont know much about his work. Having said this, in Tibet consulting oracles are very much the norm, so i am wondering what all the fuss is about.

I only pay heed if it agrees with reason.

The Oracle of Apollo at Delphi seems to be another one that is quite famous.

I only pay heed if it agrees with reason.

Good video. I didn't hear him speak to the cycles of existence and non-existence though.

Losing one's car keys is bad enough; losing one's self is about as bad as one can get.

Happens to me all the time =( (losing my I-ness)

• Like 1

Hehehe. Like I just said above, that is for others to determine.

Edit to add:

17,000! Wow! That dude talks a lot!

I'm just glad that dude finally learned how to edit a post... somewhere around 16,950 is my guess. (-:

Happens to me all the time =( (losing my I-ness)

Yeah, but then, different people put different emphasis on this concept. Some Buddhists have told me they don't even have a 'self'.

I'm just glad that dude finally learned how to edit a post... somewhere around 16,950 is my guess. (-:

I still make lots of tipos though.

Oops! That should be typos.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Yeah, but then, different people put different emphasis on this concept. Some Buddhists have told me they don't even have a 'self'.

Is it good or bad. Depends on your training your perspective.

Then again what does any of this matter? Figuring out whether something is right or wrong when there is no clear answer is a waste of time. Fighting against something that can't be changed is a waste of time. Then what are we to do? We do the best we can. We change the things we CAN change, we do the things we KNOW are right... This is a great and deep philosophy, that took me years to fully understand.

People may steal my energy, but I will ignore them. Instead of talking, instead of thinking, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to do qigong until they can't anymore, until no one can anymore. I will go into the woods and meditate for hours for months and months. I've decided I'm going to stop talking about the things I want to do or the things I'm going to do. I'm going to stop talking. Stop telling. My actions will speak. Let my actions speak. Let my results speak. A great B movie actor once said "Good, bad, I have the gun".

Lol too much coffee <3

Loves.

• Like 1

I'm going to stop talking. Stop telling. My actions will speak. Let my actions speak. Let my results speak. A great B movie actor once said "Good, bad, I have the gun".

Lol too much coffee <3

Loves.

No, no. You can't stop talking, or at least typing on your keyboard. I can't see your actions or their results. You gotta' tell me a story.

Reminds me, "Never take a knife to a gun fight."

• Like 1

No, no. You can't stop talking, or at least typing on your keyboard. I can't see your actions or their results. You gotta' tell me a story.

Reminds me, "Never take a knife to a gun fight."

Haha okay you asked for it. Look for my other thread I just posted we can discuss-ify more ;)

Greetings..

'Who' is it that loses themselves, and 'who' is it that finds themselves again? Self is always present, collectively and/or individually, the mistake is to label the 'still and silent self' as 'no-self'.. there are intervals during which we perceive and experience with still and silent clarity, the awareness of those intervals is due to the presence of self.. the concept of no-self happens in the mind of the actual self, understanding this process is preferable to attaching to beliefs 'about' this process..

Be well..

• Like 5

Does anyone see the title of this thread as being oxymoronic?

I don't follow the latter part of your last post TJ,

My take:" "actual self" is not of mind, a mind, or the mind, even the purest of such.

Edited by 3bob

Greetings..

Does anyone see the title of this thread as being oxymoronic?

I don't follow the latter part of your last post TJ,

My take:" "actual self" is not of mind, a mind, or the mind, even the purest of such.

I'm not implying 'actual self' is "of mind", but is revealed through mind as the understanding those 'words' evoke.. mind is the common medium through which what 'is' is revealed, it is also the vehicle of imagination, so.. 'actual self', being possessed of its individualized portion of the unified collective mind, can be confused by illusions created in its own private mindscape or by the collective mind.. actual self, as i understand it, is 'That which IS', whether manifested individually or collectively, and.. each manifestation shares in a common collective mind according to its level of awareness.. mind is the common medium/interface through which 'That which IS', experiences its existence..

Be well..

• Like 1

TJL,

I use the terms in the following way: "That which IS" experiences itself free of any form of mind identification thus knowing a happiness that is not of mind or in any way dependent upon the mind where the powers of sorrow and or death can reach.

Om

• Like 2