Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Question for Sean D

Hi Sean D,

I just joined the David Verdessi board so let me know if it would be more appropriate to ask this question over there. I have read you saying several times that the sexual practices taught by HT are bogus and that the sexual practices are a valid but rather small or limited practice within the "Real" Taoist system.

Ime sure I am not alone in wondering are these "real" sexual practices ever going to be taught openly or are they somehting you would have to learn personally from the masters of the system you study in China.

Is this sort of thing covered in "the basics" or a kind of side practice? Do you practice the "real" Taoist sex practices with your wife/lover or just focus on the meditaiton aspect of what you have learned?

I saw there are some DVD's coming out. I am sure others as much as myself would be interested in checking out anything your teachers have to offer, some kind of practice, or video, somehting before making a big committment to go to China, spend lots of money etc.

Maybe somehting a little more basic, practical than the John Chang video lighting things on fire etc.

Thanks,

Cameron

Thanks, very interesting forum.

It was interesting to read the prices David is charging for the foundation training are quite different than what I had thought. From what I understand, the foundation training in Lei Shan Tao for 20 days including room,board and meals comes to like $2400?

If that's accurate that is a much diffrent picture than others had painted where it was like $7500 for a weekend seminar or something.

It's definetly piqued my interest. I'll probably check out the video and Ime sure Darabek and others will share some of there experiences here from the training.

It was interesting to read the prices David is charging for the foundation training are quite different than what I had thought. From what I understand, the foundation training in Lei Shan Tao for 20 days including room,board and meals comes to like $2400?

I'm pretty sure the china trip is about US$7,500 (depending on the exchange rate), and that it does NOT include airfare, room, or board.

I'm pretty sure the china trip is about US$7,500 (depending on the exchange rate), and that it does NOT include airfare, room, or board.

It is indeed... Denmark is a 1000 Euro per week without accomodation... 2 weeks for newbies only...

just to give the full picture...

Harry

Oh ok. I must have read somehting wrong over there .Maybe that was just the price for lodging and accomodations or something.

Anyway, If I ever did it wouldn't be until atleast 2009 so by then we should have some good feedback.

More to the point, i mean to say that a general lack of activity (of engaging the machine of the body on a regular and vigorous basis), leads to Yang Deficiency. When coupled with cultivation techniques that were DESIGNED for active practices (see Guanzi's Nei-Ye on moving around vigorously when in a state of excess), this leads to stagnation and often to emission of qi and jing (qi and sometimes even jing in urine, as well as guiqi in excrement, leakage of qi in excessive amounts of "pre-cum" fluid, released more often through more sex without the more noticable loss from jing ejaculation).

If you have "Daoist sex" then you NEED to be active (preferably soon afterwards). It is a good time to do bag work, Iron Body, etc. It is NOT a good time to get on the Internet and let the stagnation ensue (and then blame an author for not addressing everything in texts that should - at best - be viewed as supplemental to face-to-face practice with an authentic, lineaged Shrfu). i don't say this to say that Mantak Chia is the end all be all, but his books are not bad if you are working with a face-to-face instructor. If they are all you have, then you will run into a LOT of trial and error problems. To be fair, this shouldn't be viewed as his fault though. With that said, i have never met, emailed, nor talked to the man.

...forgive me for missing the "how to build it" question.

The quickest, easiest answer is to cultivate sexually, do not release jing often, eat good, exercise often, and Martially, the quickest way to strengthening the Kidney Yang is through Xingyiquan. Practice often and you will notice results quickly.

isnt it funny that the most famous taoist system these days (Chia's) is also the least understood

i have respect for every path, and definately what Liping teaches is of interest to many, including me

but as someone said, if you expect someone to tell you everything you need to do in life... just lame :lol:

only a fool will blame or praise the method only... the method is not even 5%

the understanding is what shapes the practice of the method.

the proper mindset and progression, the prerequisites, are all part of that.

Sign in to follow this