Hey all,

I was focusing on my lower pelvic area the other day, the perineum. I noticed after doing some pc exercises that a point or gate or something sort of began to develop emanating a strong vibrational pull/push feeling from the area. Have any of you felt this? Is that the root chakra, I hear about?

Also after this, I felt like 2 strands of something beginning to develop and rise ever so slowly through my body, is this what people refer to as the kundalini? It developed and I tried to mentally raise it, but it did not get past my stomach area. It then just subsided, and went away.

It was pretty cool, just wanting to know more about anyone else's experiences.

Edited by Jadespear

Too yang. Stay soft and gentle - that energy potential you found there is of much use in meditation, but too yang of an approach manifests too much. Investigate the amount of travel of the musculature, and time that in with the breath so that the energetic culminations are all concurrent - and once you have that down, then time them all about the dantien - so you wind up with an energetic maxima coincident with a consumption minima, the culmination of those energy potentials, focus them gently with intent at the dantien location 2 inches below the navel and front:back 3:7. This is the essence of lower dantien breathing - but, you have to streamline the breath mechanics first before you can really find that local energetic maxima with the consumption minima.

• Like 2

Hey all,

I was focusing on my lower pelvic area the other day, the perineum. I noticed after doing some pc exercises that a point or gate or something sort of began to develop emanating a strong vibrational pull/push feeling from the area. Have any of you felt this? Is that the root chakra, I hear about?

Also after this, I felt like 2 strands of something beginning to develop and rise ever so slowly through my body, is this what people refer to as the kundalini? It developed and I tried to mentally raise it, but it did not get past my stomach area. It then just subsided, and went away.

It was pretty cool, just wanting to know more about anyone else's experiences.

When I first started practicing Daoist meditation, we worked with the lower dan tian first, then the ling tai, then the hui yin next. It wasn't until I was taught to focus on the hui yin that I really had an intense and focused experience of qi awareness. Then it gradually became more powerfully manifest as I worked through other points. I continue to find that the hui yin offers the most intense focus of qi awareness for beginning students of meditation. It makes sense given its relationship to the anatomical source of jing.

• Like 2

Too yang. Stay soft and gentle - that energy potential you found there is of much use in meditation, but too yang of an approach manifests too much.

Agree.

The energy from the root chakra alone is not strong enough to transmit through the whole body. The LDT is strong enough. But nobody likes its frequency, too boring! One can combine those two into one to spread all over ones body.

In that neck of wood, the sex chakra is there too. If one gets that activated, it will beat automatically for a while. If one transmit that rythem of beating into root chakra to excite it, it can also beat by itself automatically like a clock. Then one can diffuse it with LDT, the power engine, to pump the orgasm frequency through meridian channels of the whole body.

There is also a chakra inside the end of tail bone. It also generates some feel good frequency. Anus breathis one of way to activate it.

I suppose a woman can do similar thing with her G spot.

Edited by hydrogen

Hi Steve,

wondering, is this comment one that relates to male anatonomy only, or do you see it as a perception about the root applicable to human physiology in general?

As you know, I'm very empiric and I don't want to presume to know anything about cultivation from a female perspective, other than to the extent that I acknowledge and cultivate the "feminine" aspects of myself. I also can't claim much knowledge from a theoretical point of view - my teacher always dissuaded us from 'wasting time' on theory as he felt that none of us put enough time into practice in the first place!

I had a chance to participate in a workshop on female Daoist cultivation with Livia Kohn many years ago and I recall her offering a few warnings to the participants regarding energy practices during menses - she advised the women to focus more on the middle dan tian and heart center during the period of flow to avoid causing excessive bleeding, and then to resume normal practices in between. So I always share that advice with female students. I've also talked to my teacher and other experienced meditators about the topic on occasion. And I've gotten some feedback from female students I work with. With that disclaimer and background, I'll offer my perspective.

I think that the hui yin, and all other points of focus used in Daoist methods, are gender independent. I do think that the correspondence of the anatomic and physiologic framework of the body with the energetic system creates differences of experience and outcomes in different folks, whether that difference be gender; or more individual differences, such as health, physical structure, emotional and psychological composition, spiritual aptitude and so on.

So I believe that the way to present the material to students is basically the same, regardless of gender. Although there will be differences of aptitude and progress related to gender and all the other variances mentioned above. Once the student breaks through and is sensing and manipulating the qi awareness, then it's really up to them to listen to and learn from their own body/mind, with the teacher giving guidance to optimize the opportunity for progress.

I'd love to learn from any experienced female Dao practitioners out there who are knowledgable (especially from direct experience), not to mention any transgender folks or others who have an interest.

• Like 1

Yes, I've never had any issues whatsoever with menses and practice. I think if a woman does experience such an issue, she is out of balance and that is what needs to be addressed, actually.

Thanks for your response, Steve. The root is very powerful. For a woman the working with ovarian energy and within the uterus is a very different energy signature and experience than the root.

Are you interested in telling us more about the experience in working with uterine/ovarian energy and root energy?

Some of my practices involve the navel and relate to pre-natal qi and I suspect this is very strongly related to uterine/ovarian energy.

Male root energy seems to be related to the generative force of jing.

Female generative force seems like it would be more directly related to uterine/ovarian energies.

What is your experience of that?

There is also a chakra inside the end of tail bone. It also generates some feel good frequency. Anus breathis one of way to activate it.

I'm interested in all things sacral and/or related to the root chakra. Could you say something more about how to do the anus breath?

Thanks,

Liminal

I'm interested in all things sacral and/or related to the root chakra. Could you say something more about how to do the anus breath?

I actually posted a anus thread in the general section. I don't know why it got moved to "basement".

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30615-asshole-the-unsung-hero-of-our-body/

That's only one of the method that I practice. You can basically incorporate anus breath into your regular breathing.

• Like 1

I actually posted a anus thread in the general section. I don't know why it got moved to "basement".

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30615-asshole-the-unsung-hero-of-our-body/

That's only one of the method that I practice. You can basically incorporate anus breath into your regular breathing.

Try posting about practice and cultivation then the threads will stay out of the basement.

Try posting about practice and cultivation then the threads will stay out of the basement.

My fault. The unsung heroes usually end up in the basement. :)