Sign in to follow this  
FokusFyre

Marijuana-induced Kundalini-like syndrome?

Hi my name is David. 3 years ago I got so sick I almost died an my life has been living hell since then. Im not here to bring you down, and I know this is going to rub alot of people's fur the wrong way, but this all started with Marijuana smoking.
One day I was smoking and this energy popped out of my spleen and worms of fire crawled throughout my body. I almost died. 2 weeks later I tried again thinking the last batch was laced or something, but the same thing happened worse. My vision started to go black and my eyes were yellow. My heart rate I estimated was 200 bpm. (Ive gotten pretty good at estimating my heart-rate with all the experiences I've put it through) The state of mind change it brought on is comparable to taking way too many shrooms. (this was a different strain of the plant, not the same source either) I never got better even when the high stopped. I lost 20 pounds in a matter of a week or two. I almost died and no one would believe or understand what happened. I was betrayed by my family. I was now homeless. And have been for the last 3 years. (still am)
I have always been an avid researcher, and quite intelligent to boot. I researched endlessly and for 2 years thought I had some kind of parasite problem. (Strongyloides Hyper-Dissemination) Atheist as I was I did not agree with my parents hypothesis that this was an "energy illness". I discovered Taobums 1 and a half years ago and discovered various free resources to learn energy work. I had such horrible chronic fatigue and depression however that I didn't have the grit to do the exercises. Only for last half year have I been practicing seriously.
Now thinking back on it all I am almost convinced this was Kundalini Syndrome. Alot of people are on a site called "Curezone" that describe symptoms similar to mine, including some people who was brought on my marijuana or acid or shrooms or other pyschedelics like DMT or 5-meo-DMT or 2-cb. These people either think they have worms or candida.
Today's popular science does not accept the idea of energy or Kundalini. Nor does it accept the idea of Marijuana being harmful.
Even after all that's happened to me I still am not bashing the plant Marijuana. All I am saying is the truth. It happened to me and it will happen to others. Maybe only one in a hundred or in a thousand or in ten thousand. But its reality.

I dont know whether I'm looking for advice, for opinions, for debates, even for arguments, or just to warn people... but I'm posting this.

• Like 2

all things in moderation are to benefit, all things in excess are to harm.

All individuals are unique and have their own individual tolerance thresholds for what is moderate and what is excessive.

I've actually TRIED to lose my mind on weed - doesn't work. not for me.

Closest I came was thinking I was hallucinating all of reality and my life; that I was just a brain being experimented on and already effectively dead.

Hell, it would make a great sci-fi, dontcha think?

• Like 1

I'm curious, did you ever actually see any sort of doctor, or is this all self diagnosed? Don't see anything about doctors not being able to figure out a problem...

• Like 1

Your story sounds exactly like what Gopi Krishna went through. In his case it was meditation for 17 years that finaly resulted in the full awakening of the kundalini. This is the reason why in India there is a saying that "Without a Guru spiritual progress will not be made".

Hi my name is David. 3 years ago I got so sick I almost died an my life has been living hell since then. Im not here to bring you down, and I know this is going to rub alot of people's fur the wrong way, but this all started with Marijuana smoking.
One day I was smoking and this energy popped out of my spleen and worms of fire crawled throughout my body. I almost died. 2 weeks later I tried again thinking the last batch was laced or something, but the same thing happened worse. My vision started to go black and my eyes were yellow. My heart rate I estimated was 200 bpm. (Ive gotten pretty good at estimating my heart-rate with all the experiences I've put it through) The state of mind change it brought on is comparable to taking way too many shrooms. (this was a different strain of the plant, not the same source either) I never got better even when the high stopped. I lost 20 pounds in a matter of a week or two. I almost died and no one would believe or understand what happened. I was betrayed by my family. I was now homeless. And have been for the last 3 years. (still am)
I have always been an avid researcher, and quite intelligent to boot. I researched endlessly and for 2 years thought I had some kind of parasite problem. (Strongyloides Hyper-Dissemination) Atheist as I was I did not agree with my parents hypothesis that this was an "energy illness". I discovered Taobums 1 and a half years ago and discovered various free resources to learn energy work. I had such horrible chronic fatigue and depression however that I didn't have the grit to do the exercises. Only for last half year have I been practicing seriously.
Now thinking back on it all I am almost convinced this was Kundalini Syndrome. Alot of people are on a site called "Curezone" that describe symptoms similar to mine, including some people who was brought on my marijuana or acid or shrooms or other pyschedelics like DMT or 5-meo-DMT or 2-cb. These people either think they have worms or candida.
Today's popular science does not accept the idea of energy or Kundalini. Nor does it accept the idea of Marijuana being harmful.
Even after all that's happened to me I still am not bashing the plant Marijuana. All I am saying is the truth. It happened to me and it will happen to others. Maybe only one in a hundred or in a thousand or in ten thousand. But its reality.

I dont know whether I'm looking for advice, for opinions, for debates, even for arguments, or just to warn people... but I'm posting this.

• Like 1

I'm curious, did you ever actually see any sort of doctor, or is this all self diagnosed? Don't see anything about doctors not being able to figure out a problem...

I saw many doctors, all of whom said I was perfectly healthy. I was not perfectly healthy or anywhere close. The only affirmation anyone has ever given me was a week ago I went to see Jim Nance and he said I had serious blockages. Compared to what I was Im like 100x healthier now too... Haha.

all things in moderation are to benefit, all things in excess are to harm.

All individuals are unique and have their own individual tolerance thresholds for what is moderate and what is excessive.

I've actually TRIED to lose my mind on weed - doesn't work. not for me.

Closest I came was thinking I was hallucinating all of reality and my life; that I was just a brain being experimented on and already effectively dead.

Hell, it would make a great sci-fi, dontcha think?

Haha yeah I guess most people aren't very sensitive to weed. But I know that there are more people than people would like to admit who have disturbing reactions to the drug for whatever reason.

I had smoked weed for a year before all this happened and it effected me strongly than others and made me hallucinate like acid or shrooms.

I acutally met this homeless guy the other day at the shelter and he said he was schizophrenic it was brought on by drugs like marijuana and others. You could tell by the way he talked. All he talked about was far-out philosophical and physics theories and stuff. Constantly wondering. His theory was that he was pyschically attacked by entities far greater than him, and honestly thats kind of the stuff I went through somewhat.

As far as that theory goes, I would say thats kind of the truth, on some level this reality is a hallucination, and there is no such thing as death and this reality is an illusion so technically this is as close as we get to death.

Your story sounds exactly like what Gopi Krishna went through. In his case it was meditation for 17 years that finaly resulted in the full awakening of the kundalini. This is the reason why in India there is a saying that "Without a Guru spiritual progress will not be made".

Yeah I've heard of Gopi Krishna. I should read his book. He meditated of a white lotus on top of his crown I think. Yeah I've definitely heard that saying before, but then again Chunyi Lin says we don't need to learn the techniques in person we can learn from DVD or book, but he designed his techniques to be safe that way.

Haha yeah I guess most people aren't very sensitive to weed. But I know that there are more people than people would like to admit who have disturbing reactions to the plant for whatever reason.

I had smoked weed for a year before all this happened and it effected me strongly than others and made me hallucinate like acid or shrooms.

I acutally met this homeless guy the other day at the shelter and he said he was schizophrenic it was brought on by drugs like marijuana and others. You could tell by the way he talked. All he talked about was far-out philosophical and physics theories and stuff. Constantly wondering. His theory was that he was pyschically attacked by entities far greater than him, and honestly thats kind of the stuff I went through somewhat.

As far as that theory goes, I would say thats kind of the truth, on some level this reality is a hallucination, and there is no such thing as death and this reality is an illusion so technically this is as close as we get to death.

Drugs are manufactured, refined, and designed, not grown from the natural ground without human intervention... just FYI.

OTHERWISE, you should be calling food, air, and water a drug in their own rights. Especially meat! :lol:

Everyone has their own unique place where they fit into this world: As a storyteller and gamer, my place in this world is to create and share new stories with my peers, provide example of the correlation between fantasy and reality, and help secure recreation as the meaning of existence.

To create is divine, to recreate is why.

• Like 2

Well, I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Hopefully the healing continues.

Edited by i am
  • Like 1

Marijuana has been known to induce schizophrenia in susceptible individuals for decades. There are many studies that back this up. Schizophrenia and Kundalini are nearly identical. My guess is that Schizophrenia may be a form of uncontrolled or unmanaged Kundalini. I am not sure though. I have a form of Schizophrenia called Schizoaffective disorder, and Kundalini. The Schizoaffective stuff was notable before any Kundalini stuff, and the Kundalini stuff came later, but has very similar characteristics.

When you say worms of fire - did they feel like little short lines of burning electricity? Appearing all over the body, and did it go on for days, slowly tapering off and reducing in frequency? That happened to me.

• Like 2

I used to smoke weed, snort coke, do extacy and snort mephedrone and I've done mushrooms etc. and was doing energy related stuff around the same time. I completely lost it at one point hearing voices for a month and being attacked by entities day and night and had to battle my way out. I believe 98% of people would have jumped off a bridge during the worst times and it took everything I had to get out of it.

The most important thing that saved me was discovering my purpose in life and surrendering myself to it completely combined with meditating on the void.

I'm several years drug free now, completely physically and mentally healthy and running a successful company.

You can get around this Kundalini sydnrome stuff if you have a purpose to follow. In hard cases it takes a burning desire of the heart.

• Like 2

That is exactly what Gopi Krishna postulated in one of his books, that many people who are diagnosed Schizophrenics are actually people who have out of control Kundalini.

Marijuana has been known to induce schizophrenia in susceptible individuals for decades. There are many studies that back this up. Schizophrenia and Kundalini are nearly identical. My guess is that Schizophrenia may be a form of uncontrolled or unmanaged Kundalini. I am not sure though. I have a form of Schizophrenia called Schizoaffective disorder, and Kundalini. The Schizoaffective stuff was notable before any Kundalini stuff, and the Kundalini stuff came later, but has very similar characteristics.

When you say worms of fire - did they feel like little short lines of burning electricity? Appearing all over the body, and did it go on for days, slowly tapering off and reducing in frequency? That happened to me.

• Like 1

My favorite SFQ exercise is free on yt (on Spring Forest's official channel). It might be of some modest help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5MkMLyoeI

Doctors of Chinese medicine might be able to help you, though I realize that in your situation that might not be practical. Often times schools of Chinese medicine have very inexpensive clinics in which supervised senior students are practicing.

I echo the comments about mj bringing on schizophrenia for those that have that predisposition. Not saying that's the case with you, only that mj affects different people differently.

• Like 4

I been through similar experience brought on by cannabis, lsd and shrooms... was diagnosed as schizophrenic then changed to just pure paranoia once they realised i still think logically etc...

I used to get the most intense heat in lower abdomen when stoned and openings of the heart that felt like i connected with the whole universe.

Then I went into a more serious phase where i'd get pressure on the lower spine like someone was pressing down on it while i was trying to sleep.

The big change was forming false memory's that were much like a powerful lucid dream except i was awake at the time. A shamanic practitioner told me in the past year that i was journeying involuntarily.

Other things occured when off medication such as light appearing at heart centre and spreading up and down my spine.. That was after making a massive effort to right my wrongs and try and make a life for myself.

But then something happened that resulted in involuntary loss of a HUGE amount of essence/jing that made things spiritual come to a halt.. i dare say i may have lost all potential at that time for the kundalini to be present... although i'm working with a tcm doc to get healthy again.

So, i agree about schizophrenia being kundalini and entity related for sure... if one can get enough insight into oneself and stay grounded and do what needs to be done in this world then it can be overcome.

Put it this way, Buddha, Christ, Lao Tzu etc attained something great, but they sure as heck could manage this world if they wanted to/needed to, like hold down a job, keep house/home in order, have healthy relationships....if one can't handle that, then they are not fit for true spiritual attainment.. i'm not trying to preach, because at the moment i'm having great difficulty with the normal things of life... but it is something i learned along the way with this 'illness' that i feel is quite important.

Really glad you are feeling better, spring forest is good stuff...

Peace

• Like 3

ps, really sorry you are homeless man, i didn't catch that part when i wrote my other post above... no way am i judging you.. in fact i wouldn't be surprised if i end up homeless..

All the best, really really hope you manage to get out of your situation.... hang in there and keep eyes open for all the opportunities that come by :)

Peace

• Like 2

Zhang Jing Yue of the Ming dynasty, in discussing the functions of the Ming Men, wrote: "The Gate of Life is the mansion of Water and Fire, the house of Yin and Yang, the sea of Essence and Qi, and the nest of life and death. If the Gate of Life is depleted and damaged, the five solid organs and six hollow organs will lose their attachment, resulting in the imbalance of Yin and Yang and causing diseases."

Another traditional definition of the Ming Men states: The Gate of Life is the sum of the two kidneys. In this context "the two kidneys" refers to the kidney yin and kidney yang. As stated earlier, this encompasses the yin (cooling, regulating, nourishing functions) and yang (warming, activating, circulating, drying functions) of the whole body.

Although present throughout the body, the yang functions of the Ming Men can be easily seen in the digestive process. In traditional Chinese physiology the strength of the digestion is dependent on "Digestive Fire." If the Digestive Fire is strong, eaten food is efficiently transformed into qi and blood. If the Fire (yang energy) of the Ming Men is weak it cannot provide the necessary warmth to the Digestive Fire and food is not properly transformed. This manifests as loose stools or diarrhea, bloating, and other signs of digestive weakness.

Traditionally the yang aspects of the Ming Men have been emphasized. However, the Genuine Yin is also rooted in the Ming Men. This is especially significant as yin Deficiency is a common pattern among North Americans. It involves a depletion of the cooling and restraining functions, with a concurrent flaring up of heat due to a lack of balance between the yin and yang. This manifests as feeling tired and restless at the same time, insomnia or fitful sleep, and heat that rises in the afternoon and evening. To balance out this pattern it is necessary to tonify the yin essence, secure the energy in the lower body, and clear the deficiency heat that has risen. In terms of the Ming Men this can be viewed as strengthening the Genuine Yin of the Gate of Life while securing the Genuine Yang.

From Chen Shiduo, A Secret Manual from the Stone Chamber (Shishi Milu), ca. 1690:

As has already laid out in detail in the Nanjing, mingmen is the master of the twelve channel networks.

It is always said that mingmen is the master of the twelve channel networks. Now, what kind of master is it exactly and what does it master? Let me put it this way: if there is no fire inside us, we cannot exist. This fire must be there first so that the twelve channel networks can be imbued with the igniting spark of transformation. mingmen, therefore, is a type of prenatal fire. This fire is immaterial and dwells in water. On earth, material fire is being quenched by water. Immaterial water, on the contrary, has the ability to generate fire. Therefore, when we say that "fire is being quenched by water" we refer to material water; when we say that "fire is being fueled by water" we refer to immaterial water. And it so happens that immaterial fire can generate immaterial water, meaning that fire is not contained within fire, but within water.

Mingmen fire, is yang fire-a yang that is embedded within two yin. In the microcosmic context of the human body, mingmen is generated first, and only then the heart.

When the heart procures the power of mingmen, consciousness is in command, and we can relate to the outside world. When the liver procures the power of mingmen, it can plan. When the gallbladder procures the power of mingmen, it can make decisions. When the stomach procures the power of mingmen, it can absorb food. When the spleen procures the power of mingmen, it can transport. When the lung procures the power of mingmen, it can fulfill its administrating and regulating functions. When the large intestine procures the power of mingmen, it can pass on the waste. When the small intestine procures the power of mingmen, it can disseminate. When the kidney procures the power of mingmen, it can bring about physical vigor. When the triple burner procures the power of mingmen, it can keep the body's water pathways unobstructed. When the bladder procures the power of mingmen, it can store. In other words, there is not a single one among the organ networks that does not rely on the mingmen fire for warmth and nourishment.

From Zhang Shanlei, A Revised Edition of Master Zhang's Treatise on the Organ Networks (Zhang Shi Zangfu Yaoshi Buzheng), ca. 1918:

The triple burner is really a name for the function of the body's ministerial fire. It is the process of disseminating original qi from mingmen, which is in charge of ascending and descending, and absorbing and excreting. It roams in between the heaven and earth of the body's landscape, and commands all bodily qi-the qi of the five zang and the six fu organs, the protective qi (wei) and the nutritive qi (ying), the qi in the channels and collaterals, and the qi on the top, the bottom, the left, and the right. Its unofficial name is therefore the central store house of clear qi. The upper part is in charge of absorbing, the middle part is in charge of transforming, and the lower part is in charge of excreting.

Will, determination, and power of memory are attributed to the kidney. The ability to keep a secret is attributed to the kidney's power of retention and safeguarding against leakage. The Neijing defined that "the kidney stores jing, and jing houses will power." In turn, if kidney jing becomes exhausted, a weak will and poor memory will result.

So in that context,

"flares the mingmen fire"

does what, ultimately.

Do you need to bring the water level that low to see the bottom?

• Like 3

@ Northern Avid Judo Ant
Your kind of right about drugs. I define marijuana as a drug not only because it is not grown without intervention in fact it is grown and engineered to be much more potent, but also because my definition is more of a substance or a substance that contains a substance that acts Directly upon the nervous system. Water sugar air and meat don't directly act upon the nervous system this way, otherwise we'd all be dead. They interact through more indirect and natural ways.
My oldest brother is an avid gamer and D&D fan. I am also very into some video games (Starcraft, Diablo) so yeah thats pretty cool.
My purpose in life is to do the very best I can and work for the greatest good/happiness of myself and everyone in the universe. My purpose is to lift the most possible people out of suffering and into joy to the highest extent possible. To heal and help.
@i am
My most heartfelt thanks =)
@Songstan
Yeah your right, I've known for a while Marijauan is known to create schizophrenia in individuals. It's also proven to be immune suppressant, hormone suppressant, and anxiety causing. It's also proven to be anti-inflammatory, pain-killing, euphoric and cancer-killing. (By the way anti-inflammatory and immune suppressing are virtually the same thing.)
Sorry about your Schizoaffective Disorder hope it gets better. Recently I've had (severe)problems controlling my mind. Your note is interesting. Yes I have entertained that idea I think Gopi Krishna has a similar theory that crazy people might just be Kundalini "victims".
Yes they feel like short burning lines of electricity. Thats a good description for one type of them. The more I think the more I realize that all along this WAS K-activity! Yes it went on for days tapering off. Each time I smoked it was worse while I was high and tapering off taking slower until the last time I smoked it took years to taper off and its still happening. When these lines become powerful enough they literally eat your body. I felt them go into my ribcage that's the worst pain I've EVER felt. EVER. My cartilage was eaten and my skeleton and genes are permanently changed. I was walking around like an old man for a little while. Where your mind goes they follow. And when they hit acupressure points the related points activate with pain. They went up into my brain and my vision went black. All the while my heart races and has palps.
@HoldorFold
That sounds really intense, maybe you'll tell me or us a little bit more about that later hm? Sounds really interesting.
At one point in my life I realized meditating on void is super-good meditation. Try void meditation then hold a single strong thought or repeated phrase like "I am healthy" or "I am happy" and let the akashic record information flow into you. The universe literally tells you your own personalized Qigong.
As far as the strong purpose goes, yeah I've had that for a while, unfortunately it doesn't help me but it does give me hope, I would have killed myself.
Let me remind you my case was truly severe I was a hairs-breadth away from death literally.
I literally cried because I was going to die that how certain I was.
You know when your going to die..
On a happier note, really glad your better now.
@digitalyogi
Right on.
@Trunk
Glad to find another SFQ guy on here. Yeah I know all the active exercises and small universe. I unfortunately find the exercises very difficult but I usually persevere recently. Go to albanyqigong website to find all 7 active exercises. Born a healer explains Small Universe in minimal detail. Thanks for letting me know about the TCM idea, I realize there are alot of things out there I'm not aware of and should be. It would be interesting.
@Edward M
Glad to see theres lots of people who echo my experience. Or maybe not so glad lol.
Yeah before I had the crash I used to have alot of unusual psychedelic experiences on weed that weren't always bad. This extremely good feeling in my solar plexus one time. Other people in the car felt it. Honestly what led up to my crash was every time I would get high I would feel so much fear. You know I just realized right now that would lead to extreme kidney blockage leading to my strained heart energy not being able to be healed. Also the feelings of extreme over-excitement and adrenaline stressed my heart as well. I feel like the heart and possibly the spleen have alot to do with this particular illness.
The lower spine part sounds like classic K/sexual sublimination.
Theres lots of trippy things I simply don't remember any more or have blocked out but the memory thing probably did happen to me.
Congratulation on your effort...
Dare I ask what happened that resulted in your lifeforce drain?
Try having extreme lifeforce drain/sickness and and super strong K rising at the same time? Talk about a recipe for disaster. Its like trying to fly without wings or to swim without water. Its like trying to butter a football-field piece size toast with one drop of butter. Its like trying to light a huge bonfire inside a small outhouse. Thats what happened to me.
Good lucks on your regain to health. I would recommend barefoot walking, sunlight, Spring Forest Qigong, and raw(live) vegetarian food with modifications made for your particular types and season. The right kind of colloidal silver is really good too.
@Ed M
Yeah thanks for your concern, hopefully very soon here I will have my own place *crosses fingers*
Yeah its true about not noticing information/opprotunities.
Today I realized I could have been on GA 200 a month for the last 3 years and it's easy to get anyone can in 2 days apparently. But that would have discouraged me looking for a job lol. Or like Trunk was saying about kind of apprentice TCM doctors at schools doing work for cheap. Ill keep my head high. But sometimes you know it's the obvious things we need to do. Before I look for all this more information maybe I should try to implement the stuff I already know, walk my talk. Practice my preach. Act as well as think. As humans our possibly biggest challenge is not not knowing what to do but ignoring and not doing what we know IS the greatest good/happiness. Imagine if we all truly did our honest best =)
I believe any disease can be cured by the right technique so lets all hang in here and live a happy life =)
Peace.
@Joeblast
Sorry I cant respond right now I've got a bus to catch to take me to Eden Prairie (SW of Minneapolis MN) to catch Jim Nances Free Qi-Talk at 6:30.

@Everyone thank you for your swift and intelligent responses. Much love. Wishing you a magical and blissful day and night.

• Like 1

Thank you joeblast. That was extremely interesting and wise. Memories coming back to me now of being really high on weed and noticing my liver planning and my gallbladder anxious waiting to make a descion. I thought I was going crazy. Yes the paradox is you need willpower to increase kidney and you need kidney to increase willpower!

Sign in to follow this