Sign in to follow this  
somtingwong

My introduction

I hail from Hong Kong and got interested in spirituality while studying martial arts.

I have strong interest in finding a study group.

At the moment I am concentrating on self-study.

Welcome to the Tao Bums. Believe I already know know your cousins, Watts (the Taoist philosopher) and Nuttin (the MMA fighter). :ph34r:

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Tao Bums. Believe I already know know your cousins, Watts (the Taoist philosopher) and Nuttin (the MMA fighter). :ph34r:

You are indeed a man of rare wit Basher.

• Like 1

I'm so clueless. *cries*

Thanks Punk, do you like manga art? What your interests?

Eh, manga's boring. I prefer anime. My interests are currently out to lunch. Ask later.

:P

What does Basher mean, Chang?

Watts Wong = Whats wrong. Nuttin Wong = Nothing wrong.

• Like 1

Welcome STW, I'm new here as well. So what martial arts did you (do you?) study? HK is a big Wingchun town, ever beat up a 木人桩?

Only thing I know about Wingchun is IP man. :closedeyes:

Also Alan Watts Taoist Philosopher, Nutting somebody = Headbutting them. If you have to explain a joke it's an epic fail.

Oh.... welcome, SomTing. This place is cool. Just watch out for ninjas, ninja cats, and ninja dragons. <_<

there is also a clown ninja, altho i call him zen nomad

Hey, there are Ninja's "Ronin" all over the place !!

(Sorry, the medications wearing off)

Welcome STW, I'm new here as well. So what martial arts did you (do you?) study? HK is a big Wingchun town, ever beat up a 木人桩?

Kevin, how are you?

Although I grew up in Hong Kong, I don't know how I got there. Apparently, I was thrown into an orphanage at 3 month's old. They raised me like a Hong Konger and by the time I was in my teens I was running around town like a Chinese thug speaking Cantonese. I come across like Jason Lee to my friends. But I think I am 100% white because my face doesn't have that oriental look. It's so crazy man.

I don't like kung fu because it doesn't appeal to me. I have been learning Korean Karate. Where did you learn Chinese, Kevin? Mook yan chong is not cool. Very painful to practise on. And it's not realistic training aid. I prefer moving targets.

Edited by somtingwong

Wow that's a crazy story. I grew up in HK as well but now I go to college in the States. I go back to HK on the holidays though.

Wow that's a crazy story. I grew up in HK as well but now I go to college in the States. I go back to HK on the holidays though.

Yeah, crazy. I have always been wondering how a white kid got dumped in Hong Kong. I remember growing up with the nuns in Kowloon. Later, around 7 years old, I was with the La Salle Brothers. Come to think of it, my life wasn't that bad compared to other kids in Hong Kong. I had a good "family" and went to the best schools in Hong Kong (La Salle College).

Studying in the States? You must come from a well-to-do family.

Some thing wrong?

Oh, that's funny. Actually, my name is Wong Som Ting (王心定) and it means "steady heart". "Wong" is a surname given to me by the nuns who found me. Why they gave me a Cantonese name given the fact that I wasn't Chinese is a mystery.

I should have used "wongsomting" as the username.

• Like 1

Quite a story! I've had orphans in my life and have always considered myself lucky to have come a good family.

I began learning Chinese at Uni and then lived in Sichuan for year after my degree was done. I'm in Chinese medicine as a profession so now I mostly just use medical language. :P

Sign in to follow this