Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Coming off caffeine

It's easier than you may think. :)

Just stop any caffeine intake and don't believe the thought that you are addicted, because you are really not. Take advantage of the summer to exercise, sleep well, eat more veggies and fruits and all will be fine.

• Like 1

the fact is that it's winter here.

In winter, you can still exercise, no excuse :D .

Definitely harder to cut the coffee in winter than summer.

All there is to it...is to do it. :)

I mean its not easy, but if you want to badly enough you will. It took a long time for tea to satisfy the same craving as coffee for me, but it did finally happen.

The nice thing is how much money I save. Where I live, there isn't much good tea. I used to go buy a coffee sometimes in the morning and always in the early afternoon. Some weeks I'd probably spend $15-20 on coffee. But the idea of going to a coffee shop and paying even $2 for a cup of hot water and a tea bag? No thanks! Not I'm used to my high quality whole leaf tea.

But I'll admit that even though I did drink coffee nearly every day for a few years, I was never really hooked. Some days it would be 2pm and I'd realize I forgot to drink coffee...

But it is really good, and it was tough for me for a while to stop. Now I'm totally over my attachment to it. I'll have a cup once every few months. It's pretty rough on my system now that I'm not used to it, though...can't believe I used be ok with the smell, jitters and stomach stuff I get from it...

Edited by i am
  • Like 1

Sprained ankle bro, but yeah there's still things I can do.

Peace!

I am sorry for you. :(

The idea is to have a daily good sweat, if you can manage that, then that's all good.

Take care and keep us posted!

I once gave up tea and coffee for three months. I really didn't notice any difference.

Headaches subside very quickly ( one day perhaps two). The difference before/after is that you don't feel any longer the ups and down that make you crave for your caffeine shot to be able to cope with your tasks. Your liver won't have to handle the fats contained in the coffee, your heart will beat more evenly and you will wake up in the morning more awake ( like children who don't need any boost to be fully available) and more rested.

I was a heavy drinker, and litteraly loved italian expresso. I couldn't think of my life without coffee, I was wrong.

A cup of coffee may have somewhere in the neighborhood one fivehundredths of a gram of fat.

Maybe two calories tot if you dont add anything. It irritates some folks ,

some folks get headaches if they miss it, but its chock full of antioxidents.

Do you need more antioxidents ?

I have no problems either consuming coffee or not.

Of all the vices folks can entertain .. coffee is pretty tame.

If its annoying you quit , take some ibuprofen before you get a migraine

rather than after, They should be gone for good in a few days , just live with it that long ,

dont 'substitute' if you are wanting to quit something ,,

because youll probably just bounce back and forth between vices.

IMO

Yep. I've known people who went through every form of tobacco out there. Started out chewing, started cigarettes to quit chew, cigars to quit cigarettes, etc...

Constant relapses here.

I'm addicted to having a life on the road so sometimes I just need a coffee to get me through...I try and not make a habit of it. I love green tea though!

What I mean to say is, I don't see it as an issue as long as it doesn't send you mental. When I used to drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day and I became a cranky, horrible person on my comedowns.

But if you're really quitting and this is a task for you, best of luck to you. I can't really say any more from experience.

Exactly.

I drink several cups of green tea every day. I have no problem with a cup of coffee now and then.

I'm actually just going on caffeine! haha. I'm using it to lose weight. I planned on using the pick axe to lose weight but I've been babysitting my niece too much to get enough physical labor in the forest.

Anyway so I stopped my extreme caloric diet and then switched to a strong caffeine fasting diet - just eat minimal now.

I used to drinkable few cups of coffee a day. Now I only drink one cup, first thing in the morning. I'd like to quit though, as I think it does more harm than good. I seems like I channels all of my energy into the first few hours of the day. I'd rather be more even keel. I hope this thread continues, its good motivation.

I just stopped.

Used to drink it constantly, but it needed to go. I could tell the impact it had on my system and it was not good.

It might have been a cause of an irregular heartbeat I dealt with a couple years back... Dr.'s have suspicions to causes, but no locks. I could just tell how amped up it would get me, so I knew it had to go. That made quitting very easy.

So I just stopped. No coffee, no tea. Lemon in hot water has become my drink.

My son loves it now too.

It was a great change for me.

• Like 1

Yerba mate is good if you like the taste. In my opinion, it is as energizing as coffee minus the negative effects of coffee.

Green tea, chai tea, white tea, black tea, etc. are all good. I love herbal teas as well but they can be more sedative... green or black tea can be better in the morning if you want a lift.

I drink one cup of coffee a few days in a week. I'd like to quit, but I like coffee too much to just yet. One day ^_^

I used to drink Yerba mate back when I still drank coffee.

Then I got really used to good Chinese green tea for a couple years.

Saw mate in the store and remembered liking it, so I bought some...

Yuck! Tastes like cigarette butts.

Edited by i am

A typical western diet usually lacks the taste of bitterness. Coffee, beer and bad tea (in a bag) provide that.

According to TCM, one needs to have different taste regularly. Probably some bitterness substitutes is needed.

Sign in to follow this