Songtsan

If you haven't seen this, you should...

Now, if the body is a miniature universe as they say in Taoism-style, what does this mean for us?

I haven't thought nearly a single thought on the subject yet!

• Like 2

I have to admit that my rational mind simply cannot cope with this "as above so below" "macrocosm, microcosm" business. The concept is just too massive.

• Like 1

I have to admit that my rational mind simply cannot cope with this "as above so below" "macrocosm, microcosm" business. The concept is just too massive.

I know....I look for connections though - they are like candy when they are found...

Especially the macrocosm part of it.

Especially the macrocosm part of it.

The funny thing is that this view of the universe exists inside of us! The universe is reflected inside of us! That's crazy, right?

Like, we get so awed by what we experience, yet we are all of what we experience, because if we weren't there, there would be no one to experience it!

I am amazed by myself when I watch stuff. I am the stuff! It's in me - BAM!!

• Like 1

Also - its true that if there wasn't someone to observe the universe...all that light/energy/coolness/stardust wouldn't be worth a lick of spit, because there would be no consciousness to appreciate it. When these photons from space beam into us - the photons stop there. Then the image is created. We are the image, the image is us. We need the photons to exist of course. Without sense objects, what good are senses? Everything is intertwined. We are basically the stopping point - the mirror - the place where the universe sees itself.

Consciousness is reflexive..I said it once and I will say it again:

Directed back on itself - Of, relating to, or being a verb having an identical subject and direct object
Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

Greetings..

You/me/we/us/Life are the occasion of 'That which IS' experiencing itself through itself as you/me/we/us/Life.. we are independently functioning versions of 'That which IS', interconnected/entwined in the 'Macro-Cosmic' experience of self-awareness evolving..

Be well..

• Like 2

With all due repect:

There is nothing inherently "irrational" about the Microcosm/Macrocosm doctrine. In the West it arises as an explanation for how knowledge is possible, the earliest surviving seed idea being in Empedocles. This was developed and reached it highest expression in Plato, where it became the basis of Western Philosophy for over 2,000 years. Plato only hints about it, his famous "aviary" story in The Theaetetus being a fanciful rendering of it as an analogy, but it is obvious taken within the whole context of what Plato says regarding knowledge that this is what is intended.

In China the doctrine is not purely Daoist and is very clearly expressed by the the great Confucian thinker Mencius:

Mencius said, 'All things are already complete in us. There is no greater delight than to be conscious of sincerity on self-examination. If one acts with a vigorous effort at the law of reciprocity, when he seeks for the realization of perfect virtue, nothing can be closer than his approximation to it.' (Emphasis mine ZYD, Mencius 7A:4, translation at Chinese Text Project, http://ctext.org/mengzi/jin-xin-i)

Unfortunately it is common cultural meme that the conscious mind and a set of unexamined cultural memes left over from the revival of Epicureanism in the 17th Century as fossilized as 19th Century "scientific" materialism constitute the "rational mind" and are the limits of rationality. This is demonstrably untrue with the direction which science has taken since 1900 amounting to a reductio ad absurdam proof that such materialism is not scientific and holding onto it is not rational.

Unfortunately I don't have time right now to deal with this in more detail, but I hope to have such time soon.

• Like 1

You should check out the work of physicist Nassim Haramein especially the part where he describes how infinity can fit into finite boundaries (for example your body)

• Like 1

Another way to see it is this: "As above so below" - basically above is that is which is without, and below is us, right? So - We reflect all that is around us - it enters us, is us, becomes us, we are it...we are in relation with it...Awareness is a reflection of what it is being aware of.

Satchitananda

Being Consciousness Bliss

Seer, the seen, and the act of seeing are one

All intertwined, all interdependently co-originating...everything part of a whole...nothing can exist without the other

Without something to create the light, the light would not be

Without awareness, there would be no reflection of the light - it would have no where to be seen - it would be lost into infinity

Without light, that which is aware of light would have nothing to be aware of, and so would not be aware.

Being = creator of light

Consciousness = Awareness of light

Bliss = energy...i.e. the light itself

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Ok...must add this to my list of further reading.

And thanks for posting!!

It is indeed so simple in fact!

All things macro have all things micro with equivalencies.

The structure of the universe is said to resemble the structure of the neurons in the brain...

The structure of our galaxy does not resemble the structure of a hurricane? The structure of a reflection is the reflection of the structure of reality. The structure of reality is a reflection of 'gnowing' (to borrow terminological distinguishment from another member) oneself.

• Like 1

Such lawful form is seen all over the place in different scales

• Like 1

You should check out the work of physicist Nassim Haramein especially the part where he describes how infinity can fit into finite boundaries (for example your body)

As someone who has been interested in and studied many different aspects of quantum physics for over a decade, I would have to caution other bums of taking anything this guy says very seriously. To someone who is not familiar with quantum physics you may not catch a lot of why his theories are bogus, but he is well known for being a "crack pot" and has been debunked time after time. Even though you claim he is a physicist, I do not think he has ever received any education on the matter, or earned any accreditation.

As far as I know there are people who tried to to debunk him but to a very little success.We all know what those "debunkers" really are,debunking left and right drowning in their own scewed belief system.God Debunked!John Chang Debunked!The Moon Debunked!Vegetarians Debunked!The Dao Debunked!Some people are just scared their beloved little QP is going away.Let's respect the OP and stay on topic :-)

• Like 1