Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Fedor vs. Mark Hunt

That was sort of sad to see Crocop just smashed like that. Ime sure he'll be back.

Ime losing interest in watching MMA since starting Aikido again. The whole attitude of wanting to fight to knock another guy senseless seems silly to me. Its such a limited,small perspective to confine martial arts to the concepts of winning and losing, kill or be killed.

I think Aikido and Chinese IMA transcend the self/other and winning/losing concept by taking into view ones own thoughts,intention etc.

One thing I do like about Fedor though he's so neutral. Like even when he wins by choking a guy you never see any anger or fear on his face. He has really taken MMA to the level of "sport" which I think is quite different from Wushu and using MA as a vehicle of cultivation and improving ones character.

Well, when you want to see jacks-of-all-trades, watch some MMA.

But when you want to see a master of a particular skill - watch that particular art.

I don't have a problem with either, it just depends on what you want to see at the time. If I want to see some really high-level boxing, I'll watch boxing, not MMA. If I want to watch shootfighting takedowns, I'll watch MMA.

There's a trade-off here between scope and depth - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by vortex

i agree with vortex, to a certain extent...i'm sure that everyone has come across that master who believes that their particular style is the best at "fighting, self defense for little guys/gals, or protecting yourself without really hurting the other person, etc.. etc... " and then they try to make you believe that also.... for me, part of watching MMA is watching how masters of a particular skill or art fall apart when they have to live up to their claims.

Sign in to follow this