ralis

What are the criteria for threads winding up in the pit?

The Trayvon Martin thread was just thrown into the pit or to put in Orwellian terms 'the memory hole'. Out of sight and out of mind.

One of the criteria:

Starting a thread in the Pit.

Vmarco's heydey in the Pit is now! Before mods change the restrictions!

A thread started in the pit gets thrown into the pit. HaHa.

• Like 1

that wasnt a mod decision fyi

the being able to start a thread in the pit, or more correctly,

not being able to start a thread in the pit

• Like 1

that wasnt a mod decision fyi

the being able to start a thread in the pit, or more correctly,

not being able to start a thread in the pit

The thread in question in regards to Trayvon Martin was moved from off topic to the pit.

i was answering rainbowvein's

"that mods are rethinking the rules of the Pit. That you might not be able to start your own dang thread where you want."

I think it has been mentioned elsewhere, but Sean originally meant to have it set so no threads are started in the pit. We only recently realized that this wasn't the case.

• Like 1

A. The thread has a high potential for abuse.

B. The thread has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

C. There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the thread under medical supervision.

Edited by konchog uma

I think it has been mentioned elsewhere, but Sean originally meant to have it set so no threads are started in the pit. We only recently realized that this wasn't the case.

The OP states "what are the criteria for threads winding up in the pit"? In other words from the general or off topic to the pit. You are not answering my question.

I find my dayjob much more important than copying and pasting bits from the forum rules. How about you just go read through the forum rules on your own if you are in such a hurry :).

• Like 1

I find my dayjob much more important than copying and pasting bits from the forum rules. How about you just go read through the forum rules on your own if you are in such a hurry :).

I have read the so called rules and the way the rules are applied can be seen by many here as biased and unclear. I have yet to receive an explanation about my complaint of a post from several weeks ago that is clearly misogynist. I complained twice and was ignored. I believe misogyny is against the rules of behavior, is it not?

The thread going off into inflammatory conversation and no longer anything but a bunch of links and videos for post after post is what sent this particular one there. The discussion was no longer civil, or useful as it plummeted into what was no longer civil discussion. It is unfortunate, it was going well for the first page and a half.

Btw, the pit can still be read by all members, so not censorship.

• Like 2

Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU to all of the current mod team (whoever you are).

Even though you all started after I quit, I feel a bond with you and appreciate your willingness to put up with the task.

:wub:

• Like 4

The content you reported, and complained about inaction on subsequently, was interpreted differently by the moderation team than you interpreted it. I apologize if that was not made clear to you at the time, because I thought I had communicated that to you.

The above explanation is not clear at all but evasive.

By what criteria have you interpreted the image that I am referring to as not being misogynist and not conforming to the forum rules? Are there cultural standards that you refer to or just a personal bias/opinion? Political (right wing) which is where misogyny in this culture is originating from? Do you not realize the culture of suppression from right wing Republicans in terms of women's rights? What are the limits in which sanctions are imposed against persons that post objectionable material such as the one in question?

It would be nice to have clear responsible answers from the mods here as opposed to vague non answers.

Ralis, I'm curious about your take/suggestion on this (which does not necessarily mean we will go by it, but you might have an interesting perspective this time). OK so there was bitter complaining about us "censoring" the "Zimmerman" thread.

Now it has downgraded further and what you feel are racial slurs being used. So do we lock it? Leave it how it is? Locking it would be even further censorship... yet on the otherhand there is no reason to let a thread go on which is overly offensive. (as opposed to just sort of offensive like it was before).

Political (right wing) which is where misogyny in this culture is originating from? Do you not realize the culture of suppression from right wing Republicans in terms of women's rights?

Yes, unlike closet-misogynistic left wing Liberals who support women's rights - but only for those women who agree with them politically.

i think tons of people think they are better than other people and to give certain people a label for it is a bit silly

• Like 1

You're welcome ;)

I knew the pit was the only valid place for at least one or two topics I've started... :lol: