Priest

HI and my goals.

Thanks for the advice,I will go through the book and also start a thread.

I did glance through the book and Chia repeatedly warns against keeping the power in the head etc, along with various symptoms like toothaches and whatnot, which leads me to believe if his instructions are followed there should be little trouble.

I did glance through the book and Chia repeatedly warns against keeping the power in the head etc, along with various symptoms like toothaches and whatnot, which leads me to believe if his instructions are followed there should be little trouble.

yep - just stay aware of your whole body - relax your face muscles often, feel your feet on the ground, stay in tune with your torso...don't disconnect

Ah yes, but the problem is i do not have access to professional teaching.I have only books and possibly the people here only.

4. Cultivation of sexual energy ( which i know is very important ).

Before you start on that, make sure to document yourself on every aspect and from multiple sources.

I do not understand...?

Sorry I've been away for a while.

I'm not sure what you understand by cultivation of sexual energy, but I THINK that you refer to sex without ejaculation.

It's not quite as in the books.

It's better to have a well balanced sex life , than to do something that can became a risk without (proper) guidance .

And the sex chi is coming from qigong practice, if you practice regularly it's just fine.

Glad to see that there are adaptable people in this forum keeping up with the times. Especially since all things change.

Which book

Hello,

I am interested in martial arts and read about qi gong a while back.I went into it a bit and found Mantak Chia has a lot of books out and seems to be an authority on this.I don't know where to start and what to do first.

My goals are -

1. Prevention of disease and weakness in old age.

2. Replenishing the " Jing " and having a surplus.

3. I dabble in martial art.I want to " Pack " my body with chi as the old masters did and prevent injury

4. Cultivation of sexual energy ( which i know is very important ).

5. Strengthen the body to withstand blows and also be able to punch and kick hard.

6. I have some problems with popping joints which i want to cure.

7. Increase mental capabilities like memory, concentration and creative powers.

Which of Chia's books should i start with? I know he speaks of the " Microcosmic Orbit " as being the first thing you work on? I am interested in his Iron shirt and bone marrow nei kung besides cultivating male sexual energy.

Please advise on what book to read and what to do first.

Thanks

Start with the fundamentals - in a very short time you will find all of your capacities increasing.

Be very careful about directing your Qi - not such a good practice for a novice out of a book.

Unless you are an advanced practitioner I would advise against retention practice beyond just celibacy.

Set up your pre-sleep in a positive way and you will retain much more of your energy during 1/3rd of your day.

Correct breathing technique - fundamental stuff - incredibly powerful - MCO and other stuff not so important.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1