Sign in to follow this  

London

Learning traditional Yang Style Taijiquan

Enrolment in a group to study Taijiquan

The study program of Taijiquan in School Zhen Dao Pai is following:

- study of the basic principles of Taijiquan (warming-up with the main principles, inner work, correct breathing, qigong/neigong, etc.)

- basic movements of Taiji

- 108 Movements Hand Form

- training of internal power in Taijiquan

- fast form of training for fa jin (power issuing)

- Small Frame (小架)

- work in pairs: tuishou ("pushing hands") and Sanshou ("sparring")

- work with a weapon: a form with a sword, a form with two swords

First training is free!

If you have any questions about classes, you can either write them here or send a private message.

More information about me http://zhendaopai.com/head-of-the-school/

Edited by Vitalii

- fastest form of training for fa jin (power issuing)

Is there really a fastest form for fa jin.......??? Can you give us a little introduction.....??? Thanks.

Is there really a fastest form for fa jin.......??? Can you give us a little introduction.....??? Thanks.

Sorry, it was a typing error, it is really a fast form for fa jin, not fastest :)

Nowadays many people only practice slow forms, which often are not traditional but sport. For example, "24-form" is absolutely sport.

In Zhen Dao School, traditional forms are learnt. Depending on the speed of exercises, they are divided into slow and fast forms.

Edited by Vitalii

In Zhen Dao School, traditional forms are learnt. Depending on the speed of exercises, they are divided into slow and fast forms.

Is there a difference which form to be taken first.......??? May I take the fast form before the slow form....???

Is there a difference which form to be taken first.......??? May I take the fast form before the slow form....???

Actually, the fast form should be learnt after the slow form. The slow form helps to learn and feel the main principles, which are later used in the fast form.

• Like 1

Sorry, it was a typing error, it is really a fast form for fa jin, not fastest :)

A fast form for fa jin.

What does "Fast" mean...??? Does it mean that the motion of the form is fast or it speeds up the ability for the practitioner to fa jin.....???

A fast form for fa jin.

What does "Fast" mean...??? Does it mean that the motion of the form is fast or it speeds up the ability for the practitioner to fa jin.....???

Motion of the form is really fast, that is why it is called the fast form.

Meantime, thanks to the fast form fa jin is actually trained.

• Like 1

Is there really a special separate training of internal power in Tai Ji Quan and how it was trained......???

- training of internal power in Taijiquan

Edited by ChiDragon

Is there really a special separate training of internal power in Tai Ji Quan and how it was trained......???

yes, there are special trainings during which different types of jin are practiced, where solid viscosity and tendinous power, as well as inner Qi, are used. There are many different methods. For example, a practitioner stands in "gong bu", and other people (1-5 persons) push him; if a practitioner does everything right, they won't be able to move him. It is a very easy exercise. To make it more difficult, the practitioner from "gong bu" position should transfer the weight on the back foot, or stand on one foot only, and other people (1-5 persons) push him.

There are also many dynamic exercises, and sometimes weight trainings are used.

yes, there are special trainings during which different types of jin are practiced,

Thank you!

Was the "jin" developed during the different types of jin training or from other previous practice methods......???

Edited by ChiDragon

Sounds like you have a great lineage. One of my Bagua teachers also holds that same lineage, the 108, the fast set, and assorted weapons and qi gong/meditations. He has insane short power. Small movements can effortlessly send me flying upwards and back. He says he doesn't know where the power comes from because he just followed his teachers instructions and the power developed.

I suspect though, that some of it came from the Tai Chi. If I ever learn the whole Bagua system from him I definitely want to learn the long form and the fast set. My understanding is that these are some of the oldest Yang sets that others such as the Chen Man Ching 37 were based upon.

Good luck with your practice and teaching.

Thank you!

Was the "jin" developed during the different types of jin training or from other previous practice methods......???

Thanks to different practices, different aspects of 'jin" are developed. Thats why all the methods are important: "previous practice methods", "training of internal power", "fast form" etc.

Thanks to different practices, different aspects of 'jin" are developed. Thats why all the methods are important: "previous practice methods", "training of internal power", "fast form" etc.

Good answer, it was very inclusive. I was expecting a more specific answer by narrowing down to one. Since you have listed them all, I'll accept it as is. Thank you very much for your time and effort for answer my questions. Anyway, you do know your stuff.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Trainings timetable​

Saturdays and Sundays:

10:30 - 12.00 - Taiji quan (Yang Style)

Location: Holborn Tube Station, Lincoln’s Inn Fields, pavilion.

_____

you can find more information here

Sign in to follow this