Smile

Qinway Qigong

A friend sent me a link today asking about this Qinway Qigong thing. From reading the site, it sounds like too much hype with lots of big words covered in New Age BS. Anyone met the woman teaching it?

It is unfortunate that some people of the west are unable to identify a true master from a charlatan. Sadly, she was unrecognized & underappreciated by the spiritually shallow mind that tends to permeates the western culture.

Β 

Do you know what a bigot is? Well, if someone says Jesus was preached in the east but they have spiritually shallow minds there and are unable to identify a true master from a charlatan. That guy would be very bigoted.

Β 

Paul how long have you been around a qigong, 3 years at most? Pesonally, I spent about 20 years involved with qigong, taijiquan and many, many Chinese masters. Trust me when I say they are human just like anyone else. But you have found your guru so nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. On a postive note the site is much prettier since the last time I saw it. It still looks like a scam though. Impossible claims, the elevation of a person to near god status and huge dollar amounts equals scam in my book.

Β 

Your "article" just restated the minor claims on the site. Is that it? If it is then I stand by my initial review. It's a scam.

God like status through Qigong...only through virtue...unless one becomes a demon god.

Β 

Ending all Karma.. haha that means they wouldn't need their body...not only that, but have unlimited knowledge of all things, no confusion, attained great patience, wisdom and compassion. If they have that and ended the cycle of birth and death, when they walk they wouldn't touch the ground, they wouldn't need to sleep, they wouldn't get hungry, no sexual desire, no desires, no attachments to emptiness, nothing in the realm of afflictions whatsoever.

Β 

They would never get sick, and can transform their bodies if they were gods. Also, if they had ended their karma, they would be higher than gods. To top that all..they would never need to buy a plane ticket to travel anywhere in the world. They would have no ego, no ideas of a self, no ideas of others and no ideas of a life.

Β 

Enlightenment is not attained. It is revealed. What is revealed? That which is not defiled. What is defilements?

That which is confused, causes confusion, and results in confusion. What then, is confusion? THat which is not directly pointing to the non dual nature of the original mind.

Β 

One can't end karma through qigong.. haha One can't become a god of "positive manners" through qigong, only a demon...UNLESS one cultivates virtue and moral....Because only wholesome practices of virtue and moral get one in the non demonic heavens. Everything else is a direct path to ill things.

Β 

VIRTUE VIRTUE VIRTUE... That and meditation, proper meditation, will assist one in attaining enlightenment. BUT enlightenment isn't it. THere's more.. getting enlightened is one thing, but there is perfecting one's conduct, virtue, moral, patience, compassion and wisdom. Once this is perfected....IT IS CERTAIN all karma has ended, and one becomes Buddha.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

• Like 2

MayBbe Max and this LADIE should have a death match for the supreme being? lol

Β 

WOW, so many new bodhisattvas coming out of the closet did i tell you that i am Jesus reicarnated?

Β 

lmao

Β 

This is starting to get very tiring reading all these super path to re-enlightenments???????? :rolleyes:

MayBbe Max and this LADIE should have a death match for the supreme being? lol

Β 

WOW, so many new bodhisattvas coming out of the closet did i tell you that i am Jesus reicarnated?

Β 

lmao

Β 

This is starting to get very tiring reading all these super path to re-enlightenments???????? :rolleyes:

Qinway has been around for several years. They used to be in the San Diego area. I don't know anything else.

A friend sent me a link today asking about this Qinway Qigong thing. From reading the site, it sounds like too much hype with lots of big words covered in New Age BS. Anyone met the woman teaching it?

Yes, I have attended her seminar twice, once in 2004 and again this Feb of 2012. Yes, the website talks of the miraculous and seems abit "woo woo" as it is a reflection of the Master's (Teacher's) culture and broken English. I can assure you that she is authentic and high level. As a holistic nurse with training in Functional Medicine, Anti-Aging Certification, Nurses Healing Touch, Soaring Crane QiGong; in addition to various other seminars and private sessions in sound vibration, guided imagery, healing with music, and Shaman Spiritual journeying, the QinWay system includes it all and then some. The "3.2" seminar includes sun/moon and BIGU (being too full of Qi to eat) , which is very rare to come by. Traditionaly, it would take up to ten years QiGOng training to be able to do BIGU and one would have to seclude in the mountains during it. Master Qin is able to channel QI ball to you and remotely sends energy twice daily so that one is able to go about their regular day while doing BIGU. I am now on my 49th day of BIGU, and yes, this is miraculous to me!

• Like 1

Enlightenment is not attained. It is revealed. What is revealed? That which is not defiled. What is defilements?

That which is confused, causes confusion, and results in confusion. What then, is confusion? THat which is not directly pointing to the non dual nature of the original mind.

Β 

Β 

Beautiful

The problem isn't poor advertising based on EGO, the problem is that it is BAD advertising: "Receive ten tons of Immortal Water for internal cleansing, and a special activation of Third Eye"

Β 

What does that even mean!?

• Like 1

Why.... are you guys such a bunch of buttheads?

Β 

Someone says, 'check out this qigong, what do you think?" and people jump all over them and attack like crazy if it doesn't fit how they think about things.

Β 

So they said something you don't agree with... move on.

Β 

If this qigong is fake or whatever, is it so hard to respond that that is your opinion and leave the thread?

Β 

For a bunch of people dedicated to cultivation, compassion, wisdom, and the path, a lot of you guys sure are reactive, pushy and immature.

Β 

Of course they are going to talk up their qigong... and who are you to judge if it can or can't do what they purport.

Β 

Damn.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 4

:ph34r:Been wondering if this is some sort of attempted viral advertising, since nearly as soon as it was posted by Smile - practitioners or advertising contacts of Qinway started posting.

Β 

Really, how often do you google search your own QiGong system? :lol:

Β 

As a side note: I'm sorry if my posts sound mean, that isn't the purpose!(Thx for reminding us JC) something similar to this happened to me on Twitter, as soon as I posted about a subject I start being "followed" by advertising companies related to keywords from my posts.

Β 

Otherwise i'd love to hear personal experiences from zenchairman about the system and his experiences with it. Also, if ZCM started doing healings after becoming proficient in the system, and the results of those healings. Or any other interesting experience with the system.

Β 

I do suggest having someone who speaks English as a first language go through the site and clean up the grammer, I work a clerical job - and even my spelling and grammer can be off too, Just... Argh!

Β 

Why.... are you guys such a bunch of buttheads?

Β 

Someone says, 'check out this qigong, what do you think?" and people jump all over them and attack like crazy if it doesn't fit how they think about things.

Β 

So they said something you don't agree with... move on.

Β 

If this qigong is fake or whatever, is it so hard to respond that that is your opinion and leave the thread?

Β 

For a bunch of people dedicated to cultivation, compassion, wisdom, and the path, a lot of you guys sure are reactive, pushy and immature.

Β 

Of course they are going to talk up their qigong... and who are you to judge if it can or can't do what they purport.

Β 

Damn.

John

• Like 1

:ph34r:Been wondering if this is some sort of attempted viral advertising, since nearly as soon as it was posted by Smile - practitioners or advertising contacts of Qinway started posting.

Β 

Really, how often do you google search your own QiGong system? :lol:

Β 

As a side note: I'm sorry if my posts sound mean, that isn't the purpose!(Thx for reminding us JC) something similar to this happened to me on Twitter, as soon as I posted about a subject I start being "followed" by advertising companies related to keywords from my posts.

Β 

Otherwise i'd love to hear personal experiences from zenchairman about the system and his experiences with it. Also, if ZCM started doing healings after becoming proficient in the system, and the results of those healings. Or any other interesting experience with the system.

Β 

I do suggest having someone who speaks English as a first language go through the site and clean up the grammer, I work a clerical job - and even my spelling and grammer can be off too, Just... Argh!

Β 

Β 

Thanks for receiving that.

Β 

Was refreshing.

Β 

John

I took a weekend retreat in November 2001 in the bay area. It was one of the first Qigong training's I took. Yes it is pricey. I have no regrets. I am glad I took the program it was a good start. The program is based around building Chi and then very little food so that the body can detoxify and regenerate. Your mileage may vary.

As an organization Qinway seems to seems to suffer from many of the ills of many New Age organizations and lacks direction and focus. The leader has limited English abilities and does seem to want to become fluent in English. A man named John did most of the work 10 years ago setting up the website organizing training's etc. When he left he was criticized and ridiculed. This being critical of other people or organizations really turns me off. It is hardly turning the other check. If you believe in Karma and reincarnation, then it seems like you want to see the good in all people at all times. So there you have it the good and the bad. Take the good and leave the rest.

God like status through Qigong...only through virtue...unless one becomes a demon god.

Β 

Ending all Karma.. haha that means they wouldn't need their body...not only that, but have unlimited knowledge of all things, no confusion, attained great patience, wisdom and compassion. If they have that and ended the cycle of birth and death, when they walk they wouldn't touch the ground, they wouldn't need to sleep, they wouldn't get hungry, no sexual desire, no desires, no attachments to emptiness, nothing in the realm of afflictions whatsoever.

Β 

They would never get sick, and can transform their bodies if they were gods. Also, if they had ended their karma, they would be higher than gods. To top that all..they would never need to buy a plane ticket to travel anywhere in the world. They would have no ego, no ideas of a self, no ideas of others and no ideas of a life.

Β 

Β 

One can't end karma through qigong.. haha One can't become a god of "positive manners" through qigong, only a demon...UNLESS one cultivates virtue and moral....Because only wholesome practices of virtue and moral get one in the non demonic heavens. Everything else is a direct path to ill things.

Β 

VIRTUE VIRTUE VIRTUE... That and meditation, proper meditation, will assist one in attaining enlightenment. BUT enlightenment isn't it. THere's more.. getting enlightened is one thing, but there is perfecting one's conduct, virtue, moral, patience, compassion and wisdom. Once this is perfected....IT IS CERTAIN all karma has ended, and one becomes Buddha.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Β 

This about sums it up. thankyou Lin.

• Like 2

I agree, and I still can't tell you what it means after going to the seminar. Master Qin would say that "immortal" means "to remember who you are, to remember where you came from" What it means in this context, I don't know and what I got out of the experience of it, I'm not aware of at this point. I just keep up with the program, as I'm feeling so great. I asked for more wisdom and her reply was that I first need more heart virtue.

• Like 2

I agree, and I still can't tell you what it means after going to the seminar. Master Qin would say that "immortal" means "to remember who you are, to remember where you came from" What it means in this context, I don't know and what I got out of the experience of it, I'm not aware of at this point. I just keep up with the program, as I'm feeling so great. I asked for more wisdom and her reply was that I first need more heart virtue.

Β 

I think what he meant was "having your known past going down into history is immortal".

This Qi Gong have Buddhist origin?

Β 

Is there some good exprience with this method?

Β 

Ormus