BaguaKicksAss

Some awesome tendon stuff for Bagua, qigong and etc.

First thing to know about Xie Peiqi baguazhang curriculum: it is huge. There are so many things to study, that he divided that into his disciples. It's a lifetimeS study!

2. I read that in general, a practitioner chooses an animal that suits him/her and sticks to it, with Lion being a good introductory choice for all. Having watched a few different animal system videos, I'd like to practice several standing strengthening postures from different animals (they're just too awesome!). Is this not a good idea?

I personnaly see no objection, except that you shouldn't be in a hurry: one year on the lion (which is the most important one, at least from my teacher's point of view) is a minimum, and you never stop doing it. Remember, you won't study everything, it's close to impossible, unless you have lots of free time.

So my advice for now is: focus on the lion.

Yeah the Panda has a lot of awesomness.

I have very little - just a bit of Yang Tai Chi. I've about 2 years of qigong training aside from that.

This bagua system in particular is very different from Yang taiji...

As for the qigong aspects, they are probably very interesting, but I never had a chance to study them, which is a shame. So I can't really help you with that.

• Like 1

I have very little - just a bit of Yang Tai Chi. I've about 2 years of qigong training aside from that.

If you want the most out of it, and the best long-term training result I would highly recommend that you pick ONE particular exercise or practice and stick with that for a few months. Then add a second one, and do the 2 for a few months. I would say a few years but none of us have that sort of patience! Of course i would have also recommended the exact same thing even if you said you had 10 years of Bagua training, but I would have just worded it differently ;).

There are some Bagua schools which focus on only one particular exercise/movement for the first 1-3 years. It really does build some awesome stuff.

Also pay a lot of attention to the principals he talks about and try one at a time with your taichi :). Principals are principals. However most modern public classes leave a lot of them out :(.

• Like 3