Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Corn Syrup really does make people fat more than sugar does

as a result of the manufacturing process for high-fructose corn syrup, the fructose molecules in the sweetener are free and unbound, ready for absorption and utilization. In contrast, every fructose molecule in sucrose that comes from cane sugar or beet sugar is bound to a corresponding glucose molecule and must go through an extra metabolic step before it can be utilized.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/

Ah Robert Lustig is validated!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF8N8zBKz3w

And this dude: Children of the Corn Syrup - a great lecture!!

excess fructose is being metabolized to produce fat, while glucose is largely being processed for energy or stored as a carbohydrate, called glycogen, in the liver and muscles.

and

today, roughly one-third of the American adults are considered obese, the CDC reported. High-fructose corn syrup is found in a wide range of foods and beverages, including fruit juice, soda, cereal, bread, yogurt, ketchup and mayonnaise. On average, Americans consume 60 pounds of the sweetener per person every year.

High fructose corn syrup is nasty nasty stuff, and sadly it's in everything these days.

Not only do you get the high fructose corn syrup effect, but they are almost surely using the nasty GMO corn which is bad enough already.

Whole foods, natural unprocessed foods and no sweeteners or natural sugar or even better real honey. That's another story entirely, but a lot of honey sold these days is missing the vital parts.

http://www.naturalnews.com/040520_honey_supermarkets_counterfeit_food.html

It high time for a natural food revolution. Communities growing their own locally and the masses slowly weaning themselves off the fake, poisonous gmo processed foods. Food, air and water are the most important things, yet most take them for granted and ignore the serious issues right in front of them. Time to get the ball rolling the other direction, the movement will pick up momentum once critical mass is reached.

Getting off the high fructose corn syrup is a vital first step.

does anyone else notice the difference in viscosity of the liquid when something has been sweetened with this crap even vs cane sugar?

Drinking a soda or binging on ice cream floods our intestines and liver with large amounts of loose fructose. In contrast, the fructose in an apple does not reach the liver all at once. All the fiber in the fruit—such as cellulose that only our gut bacteria can break down—considerably slows digestion. Our enzymes must first tear apart the apple’s cells to reach the sugars sequestered within. “It’s not just about the fiber in food, but also its very structure,” Ludwig says. “You could add Metamucil to Coca Cola and not get any benefit.” In a small but intriguing study, 17 adults in South Africa ate primarily fruit—about 20 servings with approximately 200 grams of total fructose each day—for 24 weeks and did not gain weight, develop high blood pressure or imbalance their insulin and lipid levels.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/brainwaves/2013/07/15/is-sugar-really-toxic-sifting-through-the-evidence/?WT.mc_id=SA_sharetool_Twitter

By the way just so people know, sugar is not bad for you, thats literally like saying oxygen or water is bad for you. The mitochondria in our cells use sugar and oxygen to make ATP our bodies energy molecule.

If High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for you its because some other reason than the pure fructose content. Sugar is easier on the body than protein or fat it simply takes less energy to digest. Could be chemicals added in the process, or chemical structures changed during processing.

A meal of steak raises your insulin more than a sugary treat.

The sugar-high effect comes from poeples natural vitality nothing bad about it. The bad part will only come because sugary treats tend to have preservatives and food dyes and stuff added.

Most of these studies are either pursposely paid of by people promoting anti-carb diets or made by people wanting to believe so badly in a cure for disease they come to fast to conclusions and subconciously skew their own studies. The rest of the studies are accurate but they are identifying the wrong factor- its artifical chemicals not the sugar that is causing the health problems. Sugary treats tend to be packed with these artifical chemicals.

Like I said before its impossible that sugar is bad for us, its as important to the body as oxygen or water is. Cells lacking sugar at the mitochondrial level would kill us just as fast as cells lacking oxygen, death within minutes. The only reason one can fast longer than they can hold their breath is because the materials in the body can be turned into sugar but not into oxygen. A good diet but inculde plenty of fruit, grains, and vegetables. A good balance of all things is useful, raw plant food for its nutritional content, and following the principles of Asian(TCM and Ayurveda) food energy medicine. Milk, eggs, cheese, etc and if you aren't vegetarian some meat too. That is the best diet. Possibly 50% carbs 25% fats 25% proteins. Slighly calorie restricted as per what is natural feeling. Stop stuffing ourselves, appreciate the taste of the food, and cook with good energy in our hearts. Bless the food before we eat it. Eat a good balance of raw and cooked, heating and cooling foods.

If High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for you its because some other reason than the pure fructose content.

the fructose molecules in the sweetener are free and unbound, ready for absorption and utilization.

the fructose molecules in the sweetener are free and unbound, ready for absorption and utilization.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/

Drinking a soda or binging on ice cream floods our intestines and liver with large amounts of loose fructose.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/brainwaves/2013/07/15/is-sugar-really-toxic-sifting-through-the-evidence/?WT.mc_id=SA_sharetool_Twitter

FokusFyre:

While not technically wrong, this is a bit misleading. Yes, our bodies do need sugars. Do we need to actually consume sugars, or any carbohydrate for that matter? No, not at all. Fats and proteins are essential to our bodies, carbohydrates are not. Our bodies can convert proteins into what we need, and even fat as well. Actually our bodies preferred fuel:

http://goo.gl/myAxD

One thing that I think is extremely important that is often overlooked is the fact that every human being is different. What works for one person may be of no benefit or actually harm another person.

"That is the best diet. Possibly 50% carbs 25% fats 25% proteins."

I don't think this is very good advice. The best thing to do is to vary your diet and see what works for you best personally! If you feel sharp, health and happy, that is the best macro for you, there is no perfect or best macronutrient ratio for everyone. Even for average carb eaters, 50% is a little bit high.

This can also change depending on your personal goals (lose fat, gain muscle, gain weight, go into keto). If the above ratio works for you, good stick with it. I think that would be a very low percentage of this population.

I personally do usually only 10% carbs daily and I feel very sharp/on point, healthy (can't even remember last time I was sick), and very happy. Do what works for YOU! :)

One of the main things I do not like about HFCS is that it has recently been found/thought to cause brain changes that can make you not feel full, so it can cause one to overeat.

By the way just so people know, sugar is not bad for you, thats literally like saying oxygen or water is bad for you. The mitochondria in our cells use sugar and oxygen to make ATP our bodies energy molecule.

If High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for you its because some other reason than the pure fructose content. Sugar is easier on the body than protein or fat it simply takes less energy to digest. Could be chemicals added in the process, or chemical structures changed during processing.

A meal of steak raises your insulin more than a sugary treat.

The sugar-high effect comes from poeples natural vitality nothing bad about it. The bad part will only come because sugary treats tend to have preservatives and food dyes and stuff added.

Most of these studies are either pursposely paid of by people promoting anti-carb diets or made by people wanting to believe so badly in a cure for disease they come to fast to conclusions and subconciously skew their own studies. The rest of the studies are accurate but they are identifying the wrong factor- its artifical chemicals not the sugar that is causing the health problems. Sugary treats tend to be packed with these artifical chemicals.

Like I said before its impossible that sugar is bad for us, its as important to the body as oxygen or water is. Cells lacking sugar at the mitochondrial level would kill us just as fast as cells lacking oxygen, death within minutes. The only reason one can fast longer than they can hold their breath is because the materials in the body can be turned into sugar but not into oxygen. A good diet but inculde plenty of fruit, grains, and vegetables. A good balance of all things is useful, raw plant food for its nutritional content, and following the principles of Asian(TCM and Ayurveda) food energy medicine. Milk, eggs, cheese, etc and if you aren't vegetarian some meat too. That is the best diet. Possibly 50% carbs 25% fats 25% proteins. Slighly calorie restricted as per what is natural feeling. Stop stuffing ourselves, appreciate the taste of the food, and cook with good energy in our hearts. Bless the food before we eat it. Eat a good balance of raw and cooked, heating and cooling foods.

Edited by Dzogchen
  • Like 1

Cool post Dzogchen.

I recently just changed my eating habits to purely: Veggies, Fruits, Nuts/Seeds and Legumes. I had been noticing for awhile that heavy foods tend to really slow you down and plus it limited the amount of time I had for cultivation.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Proving my point, it doesnt mean fructose is bad, just too much of it at once. Too much of any food at once will cause this to happen. I still think theres another factor.

FokusFyre:

While not technically wrong, this is a bit misleading. Yes, our bodies do need sugars. Do we need to actually consume sugars, or any carbohydrate for that matter? No, not at all. Fats and proteins are essential to our bodies, carbohydrates are not. Our bodies can convert proteins into what we need, and even fat as well. Actually our bodies preferred fuel:

http://goo.gl/myAxD

One thing that I think is extremely important that is often overlooked is the fact that every human being is different. What works for one person may be of no benefit or actually harm another person.

I don't think this is very good advice. The best thing to do is to vary your diet and see what works for you best personally! If you feel sharp, health and happy, that is the best macro for you, there is no perfect or best macronutrient ratio for everyone. Even for average carb eaters, 50% is a little bit high.

This can also change depending on your personal goals (lose fat, gain muscle, gain weight, go into keto). If the above ratio works for you, good stick with it. I think that would be a very low percentage of this population.

I personally do usually only 10% carbs daily and I feel very sharp/on point, healthy (can't even remember last time I was sick), and very happy. Do what works for YOU! :)

One of the main things I do not like about HFCS is that it has recently been found/thought to cause brain changes that can make you not feel full, so it can cause one to overeat.

I agree that the best thing is to try everything out for themselves. I disagree that ketones are the preferred fuel. I think that carbs and sugars are easier to digest so better for us. There's a reason carbohydrates exist. I say eat only as much or a little more than necessary amounts of fat and protein. I've largely been influenced by people like Durianrider and Markus Rothkranz. Durianrider makes a lot of good points. The main thing I'm saying is it's impsossible for sugar to be toxic. Its like oxygen to our body. Yes in concentrated enough quantities in the wrong circumstances even oxygen is bad for the human being and so can sugar, but really I'm just saying it's a pretty ridiculous concept. That's all. Durianrider points out that the people who follow his diet eat 3-4k calories a day mostly sugar and don't gain weight (actually lose). This is mostly raw veganism ovcourse. I feel like this might also be because heavier cooked foods send stagnant energy into the body promoting weight gain energy and also reducing energy levels that would make people want to go out and exercise. Alot of the people promoting paleo/primal diets don't look so good and often contradict themsleves or are hooked on caffeine. Nevertheless yeah I've heard of people losing weight and feeling great on high protein/fat diets. Believe me I used to eat literally 0% carbs in my diet. So yeah I've been there. I don't know what gives with all this. Theres alot of contradiction. I won't really know until I become an energy master and explore the entire subject with concious experience. Every diet claims results, but the best I've seen personally came from very high carb raw vegan type-deals. But I believe in TCM and Ayurveda so you have to put less raw and less vegetables in there. I don't know. I know that I feel better when I eat fresh plants just picked than packaged processed stuff. I'd say eat more local more fresh foods no matter what you eat. I'd say cut down on meat products because of the cruelty in farms.

Sign in to follow this