voidisyinyang

Taobums member Understanding is sleeping in my forest! New Jim Nance Qi-talk 7/12/2012

So when I got to the Spring Forest Qigong Center tonight a young male was in the lobby area - a new face - he gave me a look - so I said - you're waiting for the bathroom? He knodded and so I went into the other room to sit to wait to go after him. He came into the room and looked at me more and introduced himself. He said - so you are Drew Hempel? The Drew Hempel! I've read your stuff on thetaobums - some of it is pretty crazy and some of it pretty fascinating. You're pretty intelligent. He said he just hitched rides from Boise Idaho and he was sleeping at the Salvation Army downtown and it was terrible. He said he came here to become a qigong master by studying with Jim Nance and Chunyi Lin.

So we went into the room where Jim was and anyway I am now uploading Jim's talk....

https://archive.org/details/DR00000007_201307

O.K. so I then remembered that I had hits on my blog from Boise Idaho - well I didn't realize it was Free Friday today - so this young man went to talk to Jim afterwards. Jim told me that he couldn't talk to me tonight since Jim is going on vacation. (Jim had mentioned this before as a possibility but I showed Jim the list of questions I had printed out from the taobums). The young man said: "That's my man!" when he saw all the questions. haha.

The young man said he had walked 13 miles to get to the Spring Forest Center today - from downtown Minneapolis. So I said I would give him a ride and I mentioned to Jim about bringing the fellow out to the forest to at least get out of the shelter. I had read about that shelter and I knew it was horrible - overcrowded. The young man mentioned how there were fights every night.

So Jim said he was thinking the same thing -how the person could be in my forest. I actually had been thinking I needed an assistant - just a few days ago!! Now.... anyway I said we could talk about it on the ride - but I said might as well in front of Jim. Jim goes - the less I know the better! haha. I said - yeah you know Jim I gotta just get my mom's permission and you know my mom, Jim, and if she gets upset. haha. Jim goes - so you want me to call your mom? I said - well I don't know but anyway. I didn't want to put Jim up to that challenge. haha.

Meanwhile another regular young male attending the talks introduced himself to me - he said he studied acupuncture and said he did it on himself and that he would give me free sessions when he gets his practice student clinic this next semester. So that was a very cool offer. We chatted a bit about our backgrounds and if our families -- or if the acupuncture community accepted qigong, etc. His family is from Vietnam so he said they just think acupuncture is for old people. I said - well that's better than my family! haha. He asked - I said this stuff is just way out of left field for them. haha.

Anyway so yeah I then took the new friend on the road - he told me his background - and I remembered getting hits on my blog from Boise Idaho and so I knew he had read my blog - I asked him about it. So yeah I asked him his Taobums name and he said Understanding.

http://thetaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=73767

Here's his posts. He said he got banned because someone loaned him a Kunlun book and then he didn't return it since he had chronic fatigue syndrome at the time.... well when he told me this we were in Walmart - I said we had to keep this a secret between us! (Being in Walmart)... We bought a made in China, finished in Bangladesh tent for $25 dollars. I said - wow for that price it would be stupid not to be this tent - but serious beyond the sweatshop conspiracy as this new friend joked -- he said after the check out lady flirted with me - wow what you wrote about is it true? haha.

O.K. so anyway yeah he only had 29 posts on thetaobums and he said he got banned because he forgot to return a Kunlun book to someone because he was chronic fatigue syndrome at the time.

Anyway he said he's had an excruciating life -- but also lost his i.d. - a sketchy situation. He told me he had a knife that one of the Spring Forest Qigong members gave him - a person he met on the road - his last ride to the Center!! He visited their house a few times. Anyway so I kept his knife so I could just be safe when I tell my female family members. Since I need to drive him back to the city but he said he wants to stay here. So I said - look you can get a job in the city since you have good social skills.

Anyway I said - yeah we can post your photo on my blog and you can vouch for me that I'm a real person. haha. I said - or you don't want your photo on the internet? He said - yeah that's fine. He said - wow a magical forest! There's even fire flies! Yeah I said there's also tropical birds. Tropical birds?! he said - yeah I said they fly up from South and Central America.....

We'll see what happens. He said he was just going to sleep. He walked 13 miles today with a heavy pack on!! He took some side routes also.

So 20 years old, vegetarian, quit high school and got his degree certification instead. Has been doing self meditation healing and diet herb cleansing after a few years of strong pot smoking and some other drug use.... stopped smoking cigarettes a few months ago....

I said - well I'm part of the reason you came out here. I said - how did you find out about Spring Forest Qigong - he said reading about it on thetaobums! He said he listened to one of Jim's podcasts because he was searching the internet for any Chunyi Lin podcasts and he got my blog. I remembered that search that hit my blog from my live feed.

So I asked "Understanding" how his Free Friday Jim Nance healing went but he said he is still processing it.

Yeah I'm reading his past posts - he has some spelling challenges but like JIm Nance said he didn't learn to read until he was 19 years old! haha.

So yeah he said that he couldn't believe he just met qigong master Jim Nance and then he had met me. haha.

But yeah he's a good thinker. I made him sit in "half lotus" in the car because he was bouncing his leg. haha. I could read that he needed to sublimate his energy. He said he didn't think the celibacy thing was that necessary but I said it really was. haha. I said can you sit in full lotus? Nope. O.K. we'll work on that since ... and then I went on a rant. haha. So he said how just sitting with his leg cross on his thigh in the car he could feel the energy be better. Yes exactly!

So we did the apocalypse food -- BK drivethru for him and I had McDs earlier (no bun, and no ketchup).... I had him drink orange juice and then when we got to my place I took him out to show him where I make my humanure compost. He got grossed out - I explained how this is what ecological living is like. haha. Then we went out to my garden and I harvested the spicy arugula greens and then it was too "astringent" for him but then I harvested field pea pods and so that had some sugar in it.... to balance out the arugula. So then I made him eat a bunch of that to get some fiber.

So yeah we then were setting up the tent in the forest and the mosquitoes were eating him alive. haha. Poor guy - I just am used to it - thick skin. But anyway once he got in the tent then he was doing much better - said there were a couple spiders - the daddy long legs but he said they didn't bother him.

So he said how there is a neurotoxic of garlic that bypasses the blood brain barrier - and I told him how I had 2 bulbs of garlic a day - back in the day - and so my skin is yellow now from all the sulfur. haha. He said it's the allicin that's a neurotoxin - I said I had not heard of that but that it makes sense since that is the enzyme that kills the bacteria or virus, etc.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hello my name is david. i am on journey to understanding...

I have been meditating my own mediations and others too.
I have no tradition
I have been trying to have lucid dreams.
I want to save the world.
I know enormous amounts about health and psysiology.
I am an affilate marketer
I am on a journey away from the evil and towards bliss and awareness
I love you all.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/20357-hello-taobums/

Yep that's the name he gave me.

So I told him how Jim is helping me work through my energy blockages but that last time I talked to Jim he told me I had previously had a deep experience beyond what 95% of people on Earth have experienced. haha.

I told a few people this already but said that if it goes to my head I still have a "permanent brain blockage." haha. I told David how I have permanent magnetic bliss in my brain but that Jim just says it's a brain blockage. haha.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/20612-is-thought-separate-from-the-senses/

Another thread David started....

You can say that we have 10 senses. 5 inner and 5 outer. they are really only 5 but one comes from the outside and one from the inside. However we can control the ones coming from the outside just as the ones from the inside and make it so that they cause us more happiness and energy.

I was arguing with my brother the other day, he says that all he experiences is thoughts and emotions, and i keep telling him that what thoughts and emotions are really made of are complex patterns and equations of senses, just your 5 senses.

I mean try and think about it. Have you ever had a thought that didnt have an image or sound or sensation spontaneously attachted to it?

Can you even think in your head without saying words?

And if you can, can you keep those thoughts devoid of images as well?

And if you can, can you seperate those thoughts from sensations in your body?

I pretty much beleive that your senses are just an incarnation of your concoiusness.

But ive become usure latley if there is a 6th sense or not. the sense of thought.

Funny how much this is tied to what Jim talked about tonight....

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

The question is, is the main purpose of your meditation(spiritual cultivation practice) for attainment of bliss or awareness?

I think Id say Awareness to me is more important, i like to feel in control, and i feel that through awareness i could attain bliss, but im sure it can work the other way around.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/20581-bliss-vs-awareness/

Anyway gotta upload this again -

O.K. so David said he hitched car rides out here from Idaho - 18 car rides!!

He said he went to the Rainbow Gathering in Pennsylvania....

Yeah I told him about my diet deal - how food goes to my head - and David said he has researched diet a ton since working on healing himself....

So we talk about the Small Universe meditation practice and I said we can practice together - with the meditation c.d....

https://archive.org/details/DR00000007_201307

O.K. finally here it is!

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

I've often wondered how often people show up at the Spring Forest Qigong center - wanting to become Qigong masters. So I guess if you ever need more questions you could use that one.

For more Spring Forest Qigong Master JIm Nance Qi-talks and "chats" they are on my blog and on http://jimnancexperience.wordpress.com and http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com is my blog.

Yep! So I just went to check up on my new friend.

I went out there at 3 a.m. last night since it was raining - a summer storm with loud thunder! I wasn't sure the $25 would hold up - since David said something about just needing to cover up the sides.

But he said it was doing fine. He was actually already awake with his flashlight on - saying how loud the thunder was "echoing through the valley." haha.

He had said to check on him in the morning - I went out just now and he seemed to be asleep.

I figure after he spent a week in the scary shelter - he needs to catch up on his sleep.

So I just walked away quietly. He looked real peaceful -- no movement. Tent appeared dry still.

I got poison ivy - but I just use plaintain, a common weed that is the natural antidote. I warned him of this but there's no poison ivy in the forest -- so I think I got it when I got turned around, taking the wrong deer trail and I went back around through the meadow. No big deal - just go use some more plaintain.

So yeah now I just gotta break the news to the four females somehow.

I just called my local qigong friend to see if he could help - I thought maybe the SFQ Guild meeting was today - this morning. But nope.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/index.php/new-guild-local-meeting-times

Yeah July 27 is the next one.

So a 20 year old, no i.d., he got some money from some of the other SFQ members who befriended him - a couple.

But anyway....I was hoping he could couch surf in the city through my local qigong friend contact - he just bought a house - and then this young male could find some job to get his life together.

ummm....

Yeah Jim said he would call me - so maybe we can do the Q & A chat then. I just bought a phone recording device - a magnetic pick up that you stick to the phone. But Jim talks on speaker phone and he just got a different phone - the sound quality is not as good when he uses speaker phone. He said he just keeps the phone by his head when he talks so I don't know if he is lying down or what - but anyway we'll see if we can finally get the questions addressed.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

got baby now in my arm. broke news to the females. gonna drive the friend back to the city. females were not mad so that was awesome. haha. Mom said well you gotta feed him of course. Yep.

• Like 1

o.k. so my local qigong friend recommended a good place to take David where he can camp out in the city.... and so I am giving him the tent. So that should be better than the shelter..... I suppose he can switch back and forth....

Anyway so am feeding him as much as possible since he's way too skinny. Then finishing drying his clothes. Just gave him a pair of pants - I'm too fat to wear them now. haha. They're old but passable tan slack loose - he said he could do martial arts kicks in them. haha.

o.k. now to feed him 4 eggs... he just had a slice of pizza and a salad with blueberries and cayenne - -of course! He said I definitely beat him on the cayenne tolerance. ummmm... oh yeah almonds - a bowl of them. Salted.

• Like 1

David is into this guru a lot.

Also edited the http://normalbreathing.com site -

Drew, You might want to check on Nithyananda's history.. sex scandal, mismanaging funds.. etc..

https://www.google.ca/search?q=nithyananda+scandal&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=&gws_rd=cr&redir_esc=&ei=deHhUebsKoe5igLJt4D4BA

Or not.. :)

• Like 1

Drew, You might want to check on Nithyananda's history.. sex scandal, mismanaging funds.. etc..

https://www.google.ca/search?q=nithyananda+scandal&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=&gws_rd=cr&redir_esc=&ei=deHhUebsKoe5igLJt4D4BA

Or not.. :)

yep that was the first thing I said to David and David claims that the people accusing Nithyananda are actually people guilty of the things they falsely charge against Nithyananda.

Anyway David then told me that actually his dad ran a cult and so David grew up in a cult also.... so I suspect this makes him vulnerable to the cult mentality.

Yep I told David I would definitely check out Nithyananda. David said I can post anything we talk about -- so anyway we went down by the river in the city - my local qigong friend informed me that people camp there. Sure enough we found two tents - it is a forest quiet area right on the river but right in the city. So I gave the tent to David and so if he wants to camp there he can do that but right now he prefers the shelter so he can get food there, shower, etc. until he gets his I.D. His i.d. card was stolen and so he has to order a new one - said it would probably take a couple weeks.

Another Spring Forest Qigong couple set David up with a cell phone and some money and anyway .... he has my phone number.... and he gave his phone number....

• Like 1

That would be cool if you could show David the "O at a D". Then he could vouch that it is real.

yeah I did show him how I used to do the "O at a Ds" - so I said he would see my neck pulsating as the right side vagus nerve pulled up energy from my lower body when I "flexed" my pineal gland.

So then I did it and he was pretty amazed. I then described how after an hour of full lotus then the left side vagus nerve and artery pulsates which then goes down to the heart to increase the chi energy.

umm. So I did not transmit much energy to him just because it depends on how much food I've had since I did free healing all day for five years. haha.

But my basic message to David was for him to learn to sit in full lotus. That's how I sit when I "flex" the pineal gland to transmit energy. But as I told David I don't do that anymore since it makes me smell and it's the wrong practice, etc. ummm.... I mean I have done it a few times in emergency situations.

David said he felt high but he wasn't sure if it was from me charging him up or because he had gotten the free healing yesterday or a bit of both, etc. - he did not get a Jim Nance healing individually but just in the group healing. So he said he was crying during that as all these negative thoughts were getting cleared out of him. So I said - yeah that's what Jim calls "soul tears."

• Like 1

Hi guys its David. Lol Drew all due respect, but I find your comment about me growing up in a cult a bit presumptuous. No offense but it was a little narrowminded. Let me correct that. The fact that I grew up in a cult makes me far less susceptible to cult-mentality. In fact, that is probably the reason why I chose to grow up that way. I have a deep subconcious hatred for organized religion or taking anyones word for anything. The cult I was in caused unimaginable pain in my life. I was hardcore atheist for 3 years after I left the cult when I was 14. I had to be greviously, greivously sick for 2 years before I would even accept the idea of energy healing.

Ive had to learn to swallow my pride and accept that spirituality is usally a good thing. I forgive your transgression however, its perfectly understandable.

I would say Nithyananda is just as legitimate as Chunyi Lin. Take my word for it. DO your research before you judge. Dont judge a book by its cover. Or a book by its movie. ;)

There are people saying Chunyi Lin is a devil and that SFQ is a scam/fraud you know that right?

http://anamericanatheist.org/2012/04/17/investigating-woo-the-dark-side-of-qigong-testimonials/

http://www.skepdic.com/chikung.html

The first thing that pops up on google when you search "Nithyanada" is SCAM FRAUD SCANDAL etc. He was accused of having sex with a famous Indian actress "Ranjitha" and theres a video to prove it. Only Nithyananda sent the video to experts in the US who proved it was subject to multiple photoshpping, cuts and distortions. The whole video was made up and fake. Proven. Also he was accused of child molestation by a man who was later proven to be a multiple child molester and is now serving time! Finally a news station who had been making multiple claims of Nithyananda supposed fraud confessed that it was all for views and was fake.

Secondly, if you take the time to watch his videos you will find them extremely intelligent and not just empty words.

Thirdly, his techniques are powerful and work very well. (Trust me, personal experience) He takes all his technques and talks from books like the Bhagvad Gita and Shiva Sutras. Classic texts that were around for thousands of years and are cornerstones of Hindu religion. Almost none of what he talks about or teaches are "his invention". He has built schools and hospitals and donated to many poor villages. His techniques were proven by valid studies to be extremely powerful and doctors have noticed abnormalities in his body that are consistent with his claims.

Fourthly, there are testimonials online, just like Spring Forest Qigong.

The Indian media has been exposed to many so-called gurus and has realized the high ratings they get when they report on such flammable topics. Lots of the gurus are fake. Some are real. Nevertheless they will flame all of them. Its a culture thing. Dont trust the media. If Chunyi Lin were in India he would be exposed to the same attacks.

Using his "Heart Disease Cure" meditation I lowered my heart rate from resting 100 and constant palpitations to resting 60 and no palpitations. That was after maybe 10-15 sessions. Each about an hour long. Also my entire "vibe" changed. Time slowed down. Now I stopped the meditations and the effect didnt last forever, but if I had kept up with any sort of energy work practice whether it be his heart mediation his other meditations or spring forest the effect would have only gotten stronger.

I take any insult to Nithyananda the same as I would take one to Chunyi Lin. I was so sure that Chunyi Lin was the real deal I hitchiked 1874 miles to Minneapolis to learn personally from the instructors. I am just as sure about Nithyananda. His techniques ARE powerful. His words are generally enlightening and true. Everyone views the world through their own lense and no one is 100 percent right.

Decide for yourself, but don't judge a book by its cover.

"Anyway David then told me that actually his dad ran a cult and so David grew up in a cult also.... so I suspect this makes him vulnerable to the cult mentality."

• Like 1

Nithyananda does have thugs working for him....this Canadian psychologist and his son were beat up by Nithyananda thugs.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/125560/nithyananda-statement-differs-ranjitha-story.html

During his interrogation on April 27, Nithyananda’s recorded statement gave graphic details of his alleged affair with Ranjitha.
He also claimed that he “might have had sex with more than 15 women.”

So yeah.... there is some serious hanky panky power grabs going on....

However, yesterday Nithyananda disciples, more than 50 of them, tried to tried forcibly occupy the land.

http://standupfordharma.blogspot.com/2013/07/nithyananda-disciples-land-grabbing-in.html

US court dismisses 3 frivolous cases filed by Nithyananda Swami and his agents against victim Aarthi Rao in Michigan, USA. The dismissal of the complaints filed in Michigan by Nithyananda’s followers is the most recent victory against witness intimidation and harassment.

http://standupfordharma.blogspot.com/2013/06/victory-in-usa-against-nithyanandas.html

In July 2012, in the same California court, a jury reviewed all evidence and found Nithyananda Foundation and Gopal Reddy Sheelum guilty of committing fraud against another ex-donor Mr. Popatlal Savla and ordered them to return the $1.5 Million (~ Rs 8 crore) that was fraudulently obtained from him (see link below for judgment from that case).

http://nithy-myth-buster.blogspot.com/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/133252348/Nithyananda-Foundation-Fraud-Verdict-July-2012

Actual court conviction for fraud against Nithyananda

http://nithyananda-cult.blogspot.com/

Ms. A. Pushpa alias Ma Nithya Supriyananda's (false) complaint against Dharmananda (Lenin) - closed after police investigations confirmed the complaint is false

http://leninkaruppan.blogspot.com/

http://nithyanandaswami-cult.blogspot.com/2013/06/nithyananda-fraud.html

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=614780365205910&id=170255186340026

On October 19 last year, he was sacked by the senior pontiff as his successor of a 1,500-year old Saivaite mutt in Madurai, an appointment which had attracted widespread condemnation from various quarters including the Tamil Nadu Government.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1809502/report-pro-kannada-activists-protest-nithyananda-plan-to-take-over-mutt

http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2010/03/nithyanandas-girlfriend.html

• Like 1

Well I dont have time to read all that right now. Who knows maybe its true. But the techniques he teaches works... So... I dont know. I know hes been framed for a lot of stuff before that was proven.

All Nithya-debates aside, Drew seems alot more believable in person. I felt high from the Cayenne drink he gave me but I did feel a definite feeling of being refreshed after he gave me the transmission. What say you Drew, think you want to fast or whatever and give me the full blown transmission to prove once and for all your not a nut? Haha. Also hes not just a computer nerd, he actually has a pretty impressive lifestyle going on with his humanure gardens and forest taming. Hes been making paths in the forest and clearing out invasive species. It was very generous of him to let me stay with him and I am grateful. All in all I'd say hes a pretty cool life-hacker whos bookshelves are lined with everything from Chemistry to Qigong.

Yeah and how bout that celibacy. Its not hard for me at all but I wonder who else has opinons on it? Is there anyone who thinks it ISN'T useful?

• Like 1

Yeah got it - Jim is supposed to call this a.m. to set up either a phone podcast or in person recording. He's technically on vacation but he might visit me. ....

He wrote out answers to the questions already so.... we'll see but I will ask that also thanks!

O.K. Jim said he is coming out here but he has another meeting first - so he'll call later for directions.....

oh yeah when I talked to Jim yesterday he said when he was at the mechanics waiting for his car to get fixed he got 10 phone calls from people needing healing. haha. So I said - you sent all those people energy? He said yeah. haha.

For people interested in classic Yogic (Patanjali) teachings, not Americanized fake-yoga check these out:

http://www.nithyananda.org/nithya-kriyas

http://meditationisforyou.org/

I like how the traditional teachings correspond with modern day science of Buteyko method. "The asanas (postures) open up the channels but its the khumbaka (breath retention) that increases the energy and flow"

• Like 1