RiverSnake

Spinning Chakras

It is my understanding that in many forms of Vedic training there is an emphasis on intentionally "spinning" ones energy centers. What is the purpose of this? I would appreciate some experienced practitioners insights.

My 2 cents, Peace

I don't think they actually spin, I think they pump. Spinning chi around them would help open the surrounding channels.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_chakras_and_kundalini.htm - keeping things in perspective.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_5_things_to_know_about_chakras_and_kundalini.htm - some misconceptions.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/comparative-religion/c_Song_of_Songs.html - when a chakra REALLY opens, in this case the heart chakra.

Hi OldChi, :)

Just not in Vedic, but in new age too.

I spent about 6 months doing regular chakra spinning meditations ala 'new-age' over 6 years ago. I also used crystals, full body layouts and used pyramids to charge them. I had some interesting experiences.

Each chakra contains it's own type of energy and frequencies. If you spin a chakra clockwise with relation to your point of view of being in the center of the central channel looking outwards, it opens the chakra up. If you spin it counter clockwise, it shuts it down.

Also, a chakra has a front and back. So, the horn (looks like a trumpet horn) starts at the central channel and protrudes outwards at the front of the body. But, there is also another horn that protrudes in the opposite direct from the back of the body. The front chakras represent feeling, and the back ones represent 'will'.

http://www.rolandberard.com/Production/EN/chartingHealing.htm (picture at bottom).

or

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chakras+barbara+brennan&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=HL_kUbS-MYHoiwKwkYGACg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1191&bih=837

It took me quite a while, but gradually I was able to visualize a chakra's front horn spinning clockwise, and the back one also spinning clockwise (it spins in the opposite direction of the front one). Also, the opposite chakra to the root one is the crown.

I would sit in a meditative posture and practice spinning my chakras. Eventually, I got to be pretty good at it. Eventually, this 'hand' would appear and help me spin my chakras. I got to the point where I could get all of the chakras spinning rapidly at once. Not only did this feel very good, but I learned how to increase my frequencies so that I could push myself out of the back part of my head.

So what good is this?

Well, have you ever melted a chakra? If you spend 5 minutes spinning a chakra, increasing the spin and frequency, it will melt into a ball of white light. If you do that to all your chakras at once, kundalini activates.

There is a kundalini meditation that I did quite successfully a few times because I could melt my chakras. I can't seem to find it anymore, but there is a similar one here at the bottom of this page:

http://www.crystalinks.com/kundalini.html

Instead of bringing the light down, as per the instructions on that web page, spin the crown until it melts into white light, Then, you keep that one melted and proceed to spinning and melting the brow chakra.. Spend about 5 minutes on each chakra, until they all melt. The chakras have to melt into a ball of white light, and then the balls are connected with a stream of white light, otherwise it won't work. You melt all the chakras all the way down to the root and then your whole central channel is lit up like a brilliant white-light tree.

Then, you keep pounding the root chakra with the light. Finally, the root opens, and you visuallize a large snake awakening, and coming straight up the central channel, slowly. You keep visualizing the melted chakras along with the large dark snake. You keep visualizing the snake's head, with mouth open, ascending up the central channel to the crown.

When it hits your sacral chakra there is great ecstasy. When it hits your solar plexus chakra, there is also great ecstasy. (better than any sex you have ever had). When it hits your heart, well, it refines but you will still be screaming.. You should not stop. You have to bring the snake up to the crown. Otherwise, she will get really pissed off at you and bite you. So, continue, and bring the snake up to the next chakra and the next one, until she reaches the crown. (Shakti meets Shiva). Bathe in the sensations, the visualization, the other-worldliness.. It was great fun, and you survived. (you may not want to have sex ever again after that, it is just so miniscule in comparison.. )

Some interesting points.. It is believed that chi moves in spiraling patterns. Well chakras do too. If you want to project love to someone, you spin your heart chakra and send the stream to another person. If you want to embed a thought or contact someone, you spin your brow chakra and project a spiral of thought at the other person. There are many things that you can do with your chakras. Actually, there is allot more to all of this than just playing with chakras. You have to know how to ground yourself. You have to maintain good ethics and morals, otherwise you will increase your bad karma.

If you want to learn more about chakras, astral projection, grounding and some other esoteric practices, I would recommend reading "Awakening the Third Eye" by Samuel Sagan or such similar books.

http://archive.org/details/AwakiningTheThirdEye

or

http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Third-Eye-Samuel-Sagan/dp/0958670056

If you are really interested in working seriously with chakras for healing, then I would recommend two books from Barbara Brennan:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0553345397

and

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Emerging-Journey-Personal-Healing/dp/0553354566/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373945790&sr=1-1&keywords=barbara+brennan+light+emerging

:)

TI

• Like 1

It is my understanding that in many forms of Vedic training there is an emphasis on intentionally "spinning" ones energy centers. What is the purpose of this? I would appreciate some experienced practitioners insights.

My 2 cents, Peace

I don't think chakras are Vedic.

Chakras were first developed in Buddhist tantra and then subsequently adapted by Saiva tantra.

I spent about 6 months doing regular chakra spinning meditations ala 'new-age' over 6 years ago. I also used crystals, full body

Each chakra contains it's own type of energy and frequencies. If you spin a chakra clockwise with relation to your point of view of being in the center of the central channel looking outwards, it opens the chakra up. If you spin it counter clockwise, it shuts it down.

:)

TI

Awesome post TI, thanks for so openly sharing your experiences.

I found it interesting what you said about spinning it counterclockwise versus clockwise as I was toying around with it and noticed the same thing. I also found that counterclockwise rotation was good for bringing energy back to the LDT when I want to make sure chi doesn't get left in other parts of my body. At least that has been my observation it he short term.

My 2 cents, Peace

I don't think chakras are Vedic.

Chakras were first developed in Buddhist tantra and then subsequently adapted by Saiva tantra.

Chakras aren't Vedic or Buddhist or Christian.

They are part of a human beings make up insofar as the various "bodies" or koshas are considered.

An integral part of every person.

Stefos

• Like 1

Chakras aren't Vedic or Buddhist or Christian.

They are part of a human beings make up insofar as the various "bodies" or koshas are considered.

An integral part of every person.

:D

Similarly, "lungs" aren't particularly Buddhist, lol.

• Like 1

I have noted that many devotional traditions focus very strongly on the heart chakra. Was wondering if anyone doubled share there thoughts on this and the role the heart center plays?

I have noted that many devotional traditions focus very strongly on the heart chakra. Was wondering if anyone doubled share there thoughts on this and the role the heart center plays?

I think a focus on the heart chakra is a mistake, the yearning which inspires devotion comes from beyond the heart chakra, perhaps the source follows the path in the same area as the heart chakra but isn't really the same thing.

For example if you read a love poem it may trigger the heart chakra, but if you read the longing and yearning in the poetry of Rumi it triggers something beyond that. You could call it that which is beyond the inner heart or spiritual heart.

• Like 1

The chakras don't spin in the traditional 3D sense, but in the 5D sense. They look more like particle clouds than solid objects, occupying several planes and radiating out in multiple directions, according to which chakra you're referring to. They roughly occupy a spherical domain (or container, if you will) on the level beyond the weiqi field, with varying levels of complexity depending on which chakra it is, how advanced the person is (whether by birth or by their spiritual practice), and how active or open the chakra is at any given moment.

Regardless of which direction the person's chakra is moving in, the particles of it should be uniform. In pathology some pieces will move in opposing directions or some pieces will be stationery or absent. There may also be additional "energies" or influences within the chakra that are more or less invasive influences that require expelling or dissolving. The main 7 chakras have the capacity to open and close at any given time, but are not necessarily completely formed yet according to the person's evolution, so there may be pieces missing or unformed. Imagine a pie chart with a piece missing, but more in a spherical domain... it would look more like that. The transpersonal chakras (beyond the primary 7) have a greater tendency to appear this way in those predisposed to developing them.

The colours are also not uniform and colour correspondences to chakras are usually inaccurate, at least in a global way. Yes, the heart is generally pink or green, the root generally, red, the crown generally purple, but depending on how the chakras communicate with one another you can have any chakra's colour present in any other chakra (i.e. purple in the root, red in the crown, etc.). And the culmination of all those colours forms the over all diversity of the aura.

I know this because I see these things when I do healings on people and it's been a novel study of mine for several years now. I have not found that the way books describe these phenomena to be accurate at all, and I've only found validation of my observations through the rare human beings who also see these things.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1

I followed Donna Eden when manipulating chakras.

She says the you can clear and strengthen (that is her wording) the chakras by making circular movement above the chacras in clockwise or anticlockwise direction with your hand. You can use this is a mental balance stabilizer.

You can also connect chakras by putting one hand on one chakra and another hand on another and you wait. After a while, the chakras will connect and this can be  a way to improvement communication between two chakras. Temporarily I experienced better well being when I did  However, not immediately, usually there is half a hour delay in response. This may be valid for my body only.

I did experience greater effect with one of the chakras was the heart one. so.

If you follow meridians with your hands (close to the skin) you can also strengthen/ clear them.