becomethepath

Vivid dreams?

This whole week, I've been remembering all my dreams, I don't record them down so I forget about them the next day. But is there any connection between vivid dreams and spirituality? These dreams are so vivid, I remember the interactions I had and the faces.

• Like 1

I have had a long string of vivid dreams and nightmares. Lucid is the term for me...when I was actually inside the dream...literally things would start happening to my body...to the point where I could no longer tell the difference between being awake of asleep.

Are you going through any particularly tough times at the moment? To cut a long story short, mine occurred at a time of great distress...but joining the dots they had great spiritual meaning yes, and led to further visions in meditation and eventually, paved a path to salvation/liberation from what I perceived to be "hitting rock bottom"...

• Like 1

It's very strange right and scary but once it happens a lot, it's like normal. You're like oh there is no distinction between being awake and asleep. Once the fear settles, then you're like whatever back to work haha.

Absolutely. I'm never phased anymore when it happens. I lookded so deep into what was happening to me and at the end of it all, I just became so grateful for it all (we all awaken more and more by the day to these sorts of things)

Ever tried controlling your dreams? Ok, sounds very Inception-ish but believe me, that is so cool when you find the way to do that!

Dreams are funny things. They are spontaneous and sporadic. And talk about wierd! But even though most times it is just the brain making random connections I think that almost always, somewhere within the dream, and often very well hidden, is a reflection of something we have been having thoughts on while we are awake and we haven't yet resolved that whatever.

Yeah, and sometimes they do get really scarey.

• Like 1

It's very strange right and scary but once it happens a lot, it's like normal. You're like oh there is no distinction between being awake and asleep. Once the fear settles, then you're like whatever back to work haha.

In your dream, so long you realize that you're dreaming, you can control your dream if yout want. At very least, you can fly.

In your daily life, I don't know how you can wake up from that.

• Like 2

It gets so vivid, I wake up feeling I don't even belong to this world, like everything feels foreign and weird/ intersting, but then the feeling goes away after a couple minutes.

Just a brief background, my crown chakra and lower chakra spinned at night few months ago, i saw bodhistavva earth treasure for the first time in a nightmare, he came to save me and take the dark entity away, i've fed hungry ghosts in my dreams, ive astral projected, i see a lot of ghosts in my dreams and hungry ghosts, i've seen mid vibration spiritual entities( i duno.. i don't feel any bad energy from these "people" in my dreams so i assume they're neutral), i saw my guru in my dreams a lot, i saw my spiritual guide who i talked to before, i told "him/her" the meaning of life which was the light and i pointed up to the sky

the last dream i had, this guy told me i wasn't going to get married in the future, but I was going to have a girlfriend, a spiritual entity telling me the future??

Demons and ghostly figure's I've literally been to hell and back with. I ended up killing a couple in the end...I got so fed up with them! Did the trick though...

Cool that you saw a bodhisatvva...Shakyumi Budda and Amitabha both came to me in visions and helped me on my way.

I will say now that after all my digging, I have come to terms with everything being created by the mind...and that we actually have very little control over any of this. Yes, maybe you do hold that future...but that would actually be you telling yourself that...NOT that that's any less real at all! Don't get me wrong. It's just understanding that the only thing that we really have is consciousness, and your perception of things is everything you have in this so-called existance. Try not to fall into the trap of thinking there is any separation between these enteties and yourself...all is bound...all is one ;)

It gets so vivid, I wake up feeling I don't even belong to this world, like everything feels foreign and weird/ intersting, but then the feeling goes away after a couple minutes.

Check out Chuang-Tzu's Butterfly Dream. Google that...have fun!

• Like 1

Check out Chuang-Tzu's Butterfly Dream. Google that...have fun!

But he never decides if he is a butterfly or Chuang Tzu. Hehehe.

But he never decides if he is a butterfly or Chuang Tzu. Hehehe.

Yup. So I'm pretty sure the OP NEEDS to read this to get that jist :D

im scared lol

Hehehe. Hey, sometimes you just have to jump into life with both feet and see what happens.

Edited by Marblehead

They say that vivid dreams can often be due to excessive serotonin levels. Serotonin is in fact a very similar chemical to many of the tryptamine hallucinogens. Also, they say that people who get depressed often often have vivid dreams, and they think that this is because they are burning through a lot of their serotonin at night while dreaming.

• Like 1

They say that vivid dreams can often be due to excessive serotonin levels. Serotonin is in fact a very similar chemical to many of the tryptamine hallucinogens. Also, they say that people who get depressed often often have vivid dreams, and they think that this is because they are burning through a lot of their serotonin at night while dreaming.

But I'm not depressed though.

Is it possible to naturally raise serotonin levels? Exercise, something else? Ive long suspected that mine are low. I probably used all mine up eating Ecstasy in the early '90s. :unsure:

I am just now begining to study the works of Carl Jung.

If you read his book "Dreams", I am sure you will discover

immense value in it.

Cheers!

Is it possible to naturally raise serotonin levels? Exercise, something else? Ive long suspected that mine are low. I probably used all mine up eating Ecstasy in the early '90s. :unsure:

you can take 5-HTP - a supplement that is pretty cheap about 100mg a day...also, L-tryptophan is good and it helps you to sleep if you take it at night.

I think taking melatonin at night helps to also regulate the serotonin cycle..I'd have to confirm this however.

Edited by Songtsan

thanks.

also there are many natural SSRIs (Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) such as St. John's wort, SamE, etc. be careful when using them - they are powerful...probably at least as powerful as anti-depressants.