Vmarco

7 Levels of Humanity

Several philosophies suggest that there are 7 levels of humanity. One way to analogize this for discussion is the prison construct. Roughly 84% - 95% of humanity are considered Man #1 ( or level 1),…they are in prison, but don’t realize they are in prison (or the dream). Man #2 (a term used by Gurdjieff and Kagyu Buddhism), suspects they are in prison (a dream) and become as prison trustees,…exploiting the prison for their perceived harmony,…This level is said to amount to about 5% -15% of humanity (although I find 2% - 3% more likely).

Man #3, who is said to represent about .04% of humanity, understands that they are in prison, and seek way to get out. To get out of the box, so to say. Man #4 has a consciousness that pivots from out of the box.

The higher levels of humanity are of no concern here,…because 99.6% could not understand it if someone at that level were standing in front of them.

Lao Tzu said, "To attain pure Tao you must understand and integrate within yourself the three main energies of the universe:

The first is the Earth energy (Man #1). Centered in the belly, itexpresses itself as sexuality. Those who cultivate and master the physical energy attain partial purity;

Second is the Heaven energy (Man #2). Centered in the mind, it expresses itself as knowledge and wisdom. Those whose minds merge with the Universal Mind also attain partial purity.

Third is the Harmonized energy (Man #3). Centered in the heart, it expresses itself as spiritual insight. Those who develop spiritual insight also attain partial purity.

Only when you attain all three - mastery of physical energy, universal mindedness, and spiritual insight - and express them in a virturous integral life, can you attain pure Tao (Man #4)"

I posted this in the Pit,…because at least 1 moderator here is a hardcore Man #1, meaning, fully enclosed in the “box”…and will likely toss it into the Pit anyway,…because it doesn’t meet with their Western media-ted theocratic opinions.

For the few open-hearted enough to get the point,…that is, those who realize the delusion of the “box”…and instead, wish to know the Tao, which is not in the box,,…the 7 Levels of humanity points to a consciousness that is outside the “box”…and a very different way of viewing things,…which Man #1 and Man #2 will see as an extreme threat to their ego beliefs.

• Like 1

Only the open-hearted can ever understand the repetitive depths of Vmarco, all others are level 1 or lower!? :) Another philosophical piece that lets you insult most people. That's your specialty. Negativity, If its not there, you find a way to add it in. Constantly spread poison and you'll end up wondering why its all around you.

As long as you're declaring the 'level' of a moderator, why not humbly state your own? I assume I'm 7 or 8 levels above you. Actually I don't. At some point one stops playing that game. Travel enough (w/ an open mind) and you'll start losing your extreme prejudices. Stop comparing and belittling and you'll grow a little spiritually.

Hi Vmarco,

Actually, I think this is an interesting and thought provoking thread (until you start commenting about moderators).

Your 3 types on energy seem to map directly to what Thetaoiseasy has also said in posts about different type of light/energy. My perspective is that depending on the tradition most focus on either type #1 or type #2. To realize type #3 requires the have previous balanced and integrated types #1 and #2. I would also describe that when one attains the Tao, it is a fourth or new "higher" energy.

The energetic concept is similar to what I posted in this thread.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26249-four-main-types-of-energy/

What you call the "box", I tend to describe as "universal mind".

Regards, Jeff

Only the open-hearted can ever understand the repetitive depths of Vmarco, all others are level 1 or lower!? :) Another philosophical piece that lets you insult most people. That's your specialty. Negativity, If its not there, you find a way to add it in. Constantly spread poison and you'll end up wondering why its all around you.

That is pure ad hominem. But the amazing thing, is that you haven't a clue of how much hate you spew.

To Jeff. The comment about moderator was a side note as to why this is in the Pit,...like my other posts,...while posts on Buddhist Fascism and Buddhist terrorism flourish on the General Discussion board. If you don't like it,...if you feel that distracts from the thread,...that's fine.

I feel I have been relegated to the Pit,...which is fine by me. Would be even better if trouble makers like thelerner, flofllil, etc,...would regegate themselves to the more mainstrean subjects on the General Discussion.

• Like 1

Good that you started this in "The Pit" since most of your threads end up there anyhow. Hehehe.

What you just spoke to is one of the reasons I could never be a Buddhist. Buddhism teaches that we all are in prison and that we need to be liberated. I am already a free bird; I don't need anyone to put me in a cage.

• Like 1

Hi Vmarco,

Actually, I think this is an interesting and thought provoking thread

Your 3 types on energy seem to map directly to what Thetaoiseasy has also said in posts about different type of light/energy. My perspective is that depending on the tradition most focus on either type #1 or type #2. To realize type #3 requires the have previous balanced and integrated types #1 and #2. I would also describe that when one attains the Tao, it is a fourth or new "higher" energy.

The energetic concept is similar to what I posted in this thread.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26249-four-main-types-of-energy/

What you call the "box", I tend to describe as "universal mind".

Regards, Jeff

Yes,...I agree. #3 is only approached by way of a harmony of #1 and #2

The physical barycenter is often called the danjun point, which is located about nine centimeters below the navel. The danjun can be accessed through physical Ki practices, like thai chi.

The mental barycenter, or balanced point of the upper three chakras, what Lao Tzu called Heaven Energy, is uncovered through truth realization.

The third barycenter, or Harmonized Energy center, cannot be accessed separately, that is, without the Earth and Heaven barycenters,...because this center is a balance of Eart, Heaven and Heart.

Imagine the Star of David,...on the deepest levels it represents the nature of phenomona,...how divided spectra crystallizes into form, and radiates back. The upper triangle alone is Fire/Yang, while the lower triangle is Water/Yin. This sort of makes egoic sense as we see Water as flowing downward and Fire rising upwards. However, by themselves they manifest nothing,...and keep in mind that they do not, and cannot exist apart.

To exist, Fire and Water must be interconnected. This interconnection simulataneously manifests the upper triangle as Air/Yin, and the lower triangle as Earth/Yang. The 6 optic planes of these two triangles can be found in the recursive number 124857.....as shown on an enneagram.

The barycenter of the lower triangle, the barycenter of the upper triangle, and the barycenter of the interlacing, are the points of Earth energy, Heaven energy, and Harmony energy that must be integrated to realize the Tao.

In astrology, one's Part of Fortune or Joy, is the barycenter of the natives Sun, Moon, and Ascendent. In astronomy, the barycenter of most planets is within it's sphere; unlike Pluto, whose barycenter or point of balance is between itself and largest moon, Charon, which is actually not a moon, but a slightly smaller binary planet. In other words, although seemingly small, the electrodynamic field produced from the Pluto and Charon dance may very well be larger than that of most single planets. The Danjun/Dantien is synonymous with the barycenter of the lower 3 chakras, whose long wavelengths, low frequency colors are red, orange, and yellow.

What Lao Tzu purportedly called Heaven energy is realized through the barycenter or balance point of the thyroid, pineal, and pituitary glands, or upper three chakras, whose short wavelengths, high frequency colors are blue, indigo, and violet..

The Heart Mind is unobscured through direct cognizance of the harmonic balanced interchange of Earth (Yang) and Yin (Heaven). An unfortunate problem today is that very few understand Yang/Yin or Who's Who in Duality; and thus the nature of form is misinterpreted. Most contemporary Taoist are attached to relative, human-centric notions about duality, instead of the absolute nature.

Another way to consider it is by way of the 3 wheels of dharma. Theravada is as Man #1, and Mahayana #2. One does not by-pass those two, and become Vajrayana #3...the Short Path. All 3 are needed.

Theravada is as grade school,...Mahayana as High school,...while Vajrayana is the University,...Man #4 has the diplomma.

One does not begin with the University,...however,...Theravada and Mahayana could have been completed in previous work.

Good that you started this in "The Pit" since most of your threads end up there anyhow. Hehehe.

What you just spoke to is one of the reasons I could never be a Buddhist. Buddhism teaches that we all are in prison and that we need to be liberated. I am already a free bird; I don't need anyone to put me in a cage.

Yep,...the Pit is my new home on TTB. You're welcome any time.

Yes about Buddhism. Buddhism says,...Suffering is a consequence of the desire for things to be other than they are. All things observed through the 6 senses alone, are other than the way things are.

I'm not saying that is true,...but it is the challenge for those seriously interested in the way things are.

Buddhism ultimately says,...the way things are can only be observed in the Present. However,...even a little observation shows that there is no Present in time,...thus everything in time, is other than the way things are.

However,...even a little observation shows that there is no Present in time,...thus everything in time, is other than the way things are.

Yep, Science has verified this but Science also states that it is close enough so that we should worry about it. Buddhists worry about it. I don't.

Yep, Science has verified this but Science also states that it is close enough so that we should worry about it. Buddhists worry about it. I don't.

It is nothing to worry about. I verifies the first Absolute Bodhicitta proverb (that is, saying that are designed to awaken bodhicitta), which is, "look at everything you perceive as a dream."

How often do you look at things during a day? Whatever that amount, say the first Absolute Bodhicitta proverb for every look. LOL

Whether Buddhism or Daoism,...that is the quickest way to the Dao. The Dao is in the Present,...if you want to understand the Dao, you must uncover the Present. There is no Present in time,...thus the Dao will never be understood within time.

One cannot see things the way they are with that which arises from time. Everything that arises from time can only see the past. If you have no desire to be in the Present,...the real Present that is, not the perceived present,...then you are a Man #2 or less,...according to the Fourth Way, Fourth Stream, and various Short Path analogies.

Nothing wrong with Man #2, or Man #1,...except that they see supernormal as abnormal.

In the Valley of the Blind, the one-eyed man is treated for his illness. thelerner is one of their social workers.

Hehehe. And you know that I don't believe any of that stuff, Right?

How often do you look at things during a day? Whatever that amount, say the first Absolute Bodhicitta proverb for every look. LOL

But I don't want to. The way I see things serves me very well, thank you.

Oh, I understand Taoism, at least well enough to satisfy my mind. And I really don't need to understand The Tao as long as I understand many of its processes. With that one can be there without knowing it.

Another way to consider it is by way of the 3 wheels of dharma. Theravada is as Man #1, and Mahayana #2. One does not by-pass those two, and become Vajrayana #3...the Short Path. All 3 are needed.

Theravada is as grade school,...Mahayana as High school,...while Vajrayana is the University,...Man #4 has the diplomma.

One does not begin with the University,...however,...Theravada and Mahayana could have been completed in previous work.

Hi Vmarco,

I am not really a fan of the analogy of schools and a diploma as it implies there is some sort of being "done". But, at a deeper level you raise a very interesting concept... Are you saying that rather than being able to go directly to Vajrayana, one must have previously (maybe in a prior life) already done the preliminaries found in Theravada and Mahayana? That the "short path" is more like being just the short path as compared to the completion stage practices of Buddhism? Thereby also implying that for most it would be ineffective?

I am not really a fan of the analogy of schools and a diploma as it implies there is some sort of being "done". But, at a deeper level you raise a very interesting concept... Are you saying that rather than being able to go directly to Vajrayana, one must have previously (maybe in a prior life) already done the preliminaries found in Theravada and Mahayana? That the "short path" is more like being just the short path as compared to the completion stage practices of Buddhism? Thereby also implying that for most it would be ineffective?

Yes,...Vajrayana, or the Short Path,...would, IMO, be ineffective without the fundamentals of Theravada and Mahayana.

I think Milarepa said that Buddhahood is not attainable if any of the three Wheels is lacking,...Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana.

I know a fellow who feels he already knows Theravada, and became attacted to Mahayana,...it felt right to him,...but Vajrayana is a complete turn off. Then you stay with Mahayana. There is not only nothing wrong with understanding where you are on the Path,...but it would be beneficial for Humanity if all people agreed,...instead of claiming that their way is the best way,...which changes the whole dynamics of society for the worse.

From a Daoist point of view,...it should be clear that no one attached to the Abrahamic religions for their identity can enter Heart-consciousness,...and there is nothing wrong with that. But lets at least be honest about the facts.

Lao Tzu said, "Do not go about worshipping deities and religious institutions as the source of the subtle truth. To do so is to place intermediaries between yourself and source, and to make yourself a beggar who looks outside for a treasure that is hidden inside his own breast. If you want to worship the Tao, first discover it in your own heart."

While considering the above quote,...let's be clear,...honestly clear,...experience born of belief, can only be experienced through the condition of that belief. No one uncovers their heart through belief,...belief is a barrier built against the heart.

No religion or set of beliefs can uncover Heart-consciousness. It is impossible!

When one sincerely wants to uncover Heart-consciousness, they will surrender all beliefs.

• Like 1

While considering the above quote,...let's be clear,...honestly clear,...experience born of belief, can only be experienced through the condition of that belief. No one uncovers their heart through belief,...belief is a barrier built against the heart.

Interesting comment so I wanted to repeat it.

Lao Tzu said, "Do not go about worshipping deities and religious institutions as the source of the subtle truth. To do so is to place intermediaries between yourself and source, and to make yourself a beggar who looks outside for a treasure that is hidden inside his own breast. If you want to worship the Tao, first discover it in your own heart."

No religion or set of beliefs can uncover Heart-consciousness. It is impossible!

When one sincerely wants to uncover Heart-consciousness, they will surrender all beliefs.

Or also as from the Ornament of the State of Samamtabhadra a commentary on the All-Creating King...

"Establishing a mind attached to following ancient sages, (followers of vehicles) end up at all times with the suffering of great efforts and struggles. Entering their paths, (they do not realize) omniscience."

I agree about religions and their institutions, but with things like the words of Jesus... He was all about surrender, talking about finding God inside and only as a spirit (not an old man on a throne). Remember, he was talking/explaining to a bunch of jewish fishermen.

I would argue that Jesus was one of the first Dzogchen masters. Communion in it true original form is the sharing of presence.

• Like 1

Whether Buddhism or Daoism,...that is the quickest way to the Dao. The Dao is in the Present,...if you want to understand the Dao, you must uncover the Present. There is no Present in time,...thus the Dao will never be understood within time.

If the Dao will never be understood within time, and if we all live in time (because I wear a watch), then you are saying that we can never understand Tao?

Do we need to understand Tao?

Edited by silas

That is pure ad hominem. But the amazing thing, is that you haven't a clue of how much hate you spew.

I feel I have been relegated to the Pit,...which is fine by me. Would be even better if trouble makers like thelerner, flofllil, etc,...would regegate themselves to the more mainstrean subjects on the General Discussion.

I noticed you didn't answer the question. I ask again, what Level do you give yourself? I'm just curious, I understand people like myself are #1's (yay!), but where do you put yourself in 7 layer system?

If the Dao will never be understood within time, and if we all live in time (because I wear a watch), then you are saying that we can never understand Tao?

Do we need to understand Tao?

All activities in the universe arise from the need to understand the Tao. All motion in the universe arises from the perceived separation from the Stillness of the Tao, and desire to return,...which it (motion) can never do, because it is not of the Tao.

We (the we that we really are) really do not live in time. Everything in time is impermanently in the past. Relatively speaking,...the we that people think they are,...are 186K mps slower than the Stillness of the Tao. If you ever want to understand the absolute truth,...there it is.

"Contradictions in perspective among those Seeing the profound do not occur" Taranatha

All activities in the universe arise from the need to understand the Tao. All motion in the universe arises from the perceived separation from the Stillness of the Tao, and desire to return,...which it (motion) can never do, because it is not of the Tao.

Then why is there Creation at all? If all things only desire to return to Tao, why should they be separated from the whole ever?

• Like 1

Vmarco, hi

May I ask a quick tangental question? This is not a challenge; I'm still learning about the things in this thread.

From which chapters in the TTC does this:

Lao Tzu said, "To attain pure Tao you must understand and integrate within yourself the three main energies of the universe:

The first is the Earth energy (Man #1). Centered in the belly, itexpresses itself as sexuality. Those who cultivate and master the physical energy attain partial purity;

Second is the Heaven energy (Man #2). Centered in the mind, it expresses itself as knowledge and wisdom. Those whose minds merge with the Universal Mind also attain partial purity.

Third is the Harmonized energy (Man #3). Centered in the heart, it expresses itself as spiritual insight. Those who develop spiritual insight also attain partial purity.

Only when you attain all three - mastery of physical energy, universal mindedness, and spiritual insight - and express them in a virturous integral life, can you attain pure Tao (Man #4)"

and this:

come? Your help with this is most appreciated. Thanks!

warm regards

Yep,...the Pit is my new home on TTB.

****************** Mod in****************************

1. The Mod Team wants to make it clear that every member - Vmarco included- is welcome to post in any section of the TTB. No TTB member is ostracized to the point that s/he can only post into the Pit.

2. Threads are moved into the Pit when they obviously stray from the Terms and rules of this forum which you can find here: Terms and rules and here : Insult Policy reminder

So any ill-advised or malicious thread will find here a place to rest.

3. We remind you that Terms and Rules of the forum still apply here. We don't delete content but we will lock any thread and/or hide any content that violates the terms and rules of TTB and take action against members accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding and good will.

*************************** mod out*****************************

Hi Mod (Bubbles),

Funny (but necessary, I suppose).

Yes, Vmarco causes us to think in ways we don't like to think and that causes us to get pissed off at him now and again. But as long as we keep him in the Pit I think everything will be okay. Hehehe.

To Rene: Vmarco's translation of the TTC is rather different from most others. He loves it because it has so much Buddhist thought in it and it really is an interpretation rather than a translation.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

****************** Mod in****************************

1. The Mod Team wants to make it clear that every member - Vmarco included- is welcome to post in any section of the TTB. No TTB member is ostracized to the point that s/he can only post into the Pit.

2. Threads are moved into the Pit when they obviously stray from the Terms and rules of this forum which you can find here: Terms and rules and here : Insult Policy reminder

So any ill-advised or malicious thread will find here a place to rest.

3. We remind you that Terms and Rules of the forum still apply here. We don't delete content but we will lock any thread and/or hide any content that violates the terms and rules of TTB and take action against members accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding and good will.

*************************** mod out*****************************

Please show where the thread Vulture Peak was in violation of the Terms and Rules before being tossed into the Pit.

• Like 1

Marblehead, hi, thanks. Yes I understand about different translations/renditions! Sometimes I can spot which chapters something is related to and sometimes I need to ask for help on that. I dont debate translations. I just like seeing. (-:

*pop* *pop* *pop*

warm regards

Vmarco, hi

May I ask a quick tangental question? This is not a challenge; I'm still learning about the things in this thread.

From which chapters in the TTC does this:

and this:

come? Your help with this is most appreciated. Thanks!

warm regards

The first is the earth energy. Centered in the belly, itexpresses itself as sexuality. Those who cultivate and master the physical energy attain partial purity;

Second is the heaven energy. Centered in the mind, it expresses itself as knowledge and wisdom. Those whose minds merge with the Universal Mind also attain partial purity.

Third is the harmonized energy. Centered in the heart, it expresses itself as spiritual insight. Those who develop spiritual insight also attain partial purity.

Only when you attain you achieve all three - mastery of physical energy, universal mindedness, and spiritual insight - and express them in a virturous integral life, can you attain pure Tao." Hua Hu Ching, sixty-two

Lao-zu said, "Do not go about worshipping deities and religious institutions as the source of the subtle truth. (Hua Hu Ching 17) ....religions are desperate, clever, human inventions that rely on hypnotic manipulation of undeveloped minds. Hua Hu Ching 78

The first is the earth energy. Centered in the belly, itexpresses itself as sexuality. Those who cultivate and master the physical energy attain partial purity;

Second is the heaven energy. Centered in the mind, it expresses itself as knowledge and wisdom. Those whose minds merge with the Universal Mind also attain partial purity.

Third is the harmonized energy. Centered in the heart, it expresses itself as spiritual insight. Those who develop spiritual insight also attain partial purity.

Only when you attain you achieve all three - mastery of physical energy, universal mindedness, and spiritual insight - and express them in a virturous integral life, can you attain pure Tao." Hua Hu Ching, sixty-two

Lao-zu said, "Do not go about worshipping deities and religious institutions as the source of the subtle truth. (Hua Hu Ching 17) ....religions are desperate, clever, human inventions that rely on hypnotic manipulation of undeveloped minds. Hua Hu Ching 78

Ah okay thanks much!!

warmest regards

(-: