Ish

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu - Direct Introduction soon.

I just purchased yoga dvds off their website a minute ago, another wacky coincidence. What is the nature of the transmission? it just says guru yoga transmission.

Hi Ish,

Thanks. I just sent a purchase intent for the ebook, but since its "restricted", I just asked if I could purchase it. Not sure what that means to have a pre-requisite that is also restricted, but hopefully its open to people interested.

Its a transmission to practice dzogchen, but I wouldn't expect any specific state to arise except the one you're already in. The direct introduction of the natural state usually happens one on one in person. Last time I took part in a norbu WWT, my girlfriend came downstairs in the middle of it and got "zapped" in the forehead right when he was saying to visualize the A at the forehead, tho. She didn't do the chanting or preparations or anything just walked in and got a blast without even looking at the screen.

• Like 1

I just purchased yoga dvds off their website a minute ago, another wacky coincidence. What is the nature of the transmission? it just says guru yoga transmission.

This kind of transmission is only given 3 times a year related to the three anniversaries: that of Phadmasambava,Adzom Drukpa and Garab Dorje.

But Rinpoche gives direct introduction in many other occasions based on various methods of introduction:through clarity,emptiness,bliss.

If you can't attend this transmission dont worry.You can attend any webcast where rinpoche gives the introduction to the natural state via Yeshe Zangthal (through emptiness).

Or there are webcasts on a specific deity where he introduces the natural state via clarity and bliss in the same time(i.e., Heruka Ngondzog Gylalpo or Jnanadakini)

Thanks, Is there any energetic component which could shake up the system and cause problems if you have blockages?

Thanks, Is there any energetic component which could shake up the system and cause problems if you have blockages?

It's not like a shaktipat in the way you're probably thinking of it.

Not like shaktipat or anything high voltage. Also, I think its probably best if one studies and practices dzogchen (in light of my previous post)

Not like shaktipat or anything high voltage. Also, I think its probably best if one studies and practices dzogchen (in light of my previous post)

How would you consider it different? Also, have you experienced shaktipat?

Thanks, Jeff

Don't doubt, just do it if you feel like you respect or are inspired by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. Don't limit yourself.

If the Natural state has any restriction based on your religion or creed it isn't the natural state.

254881_455704244449658_163597904_n.jpg

Whoo! 1000 posts!

Its an initiation that gives you permission for dream yoga, trul khor etc.

It doesn't give you permission for every practice, but for many.

• Like 2

Its an initiation that gives you permission for dream yoga, trul khor etc.

It doesn't give you permission for every practice, but for many.

Hi Alwayson,

Thanks for your response. So it is permission, rather than some "keys" (or energies) to empower for a practice?

Regards, Jeff

Its a prerequisite initiation. There is no shaktipat in Buddhism.

Yes, but my question was if the prerequisite initiation transferred "keys" or the necessary energies for the ability to do the practices, or, was just permission?

You can do wake induced lucid dreaming, but it won't be dream yoga.

You can do yoga, but it won't be trul khor.

You can recognize ma bcos shes pa skad cig ma like Zen people, but you won't be a Dzogchenpa.

Yes, but my question was if the prerequisite initiation transferred "keys" or the necessary energies for the ability to do the practices, or, was just permission?

The transmission given this time around is a direct introduction to your own state.The principle of the transimssion is to introduce the individual to their own state so that they can discover it for themselves.

If you can't discover it at the time of introduction(wich is the case for 90% of us) there are methods wich you can apply on your own in your own time until you discover it.

The present transmission doesnt transfer any keys but allows you to practice the methods mainly related to the discovery of your nature the rushens or the various types of guru yoga.

If you want to practice the various deities, trulkor you need the specific transmission of those deities with their mantras and so on...

How would you consider it different? Also, have you experienced shaktipat?

Thanks, Jeff

Its not a kundalini transmission, it has more to do with mind and the nature of mind than with shakti. Yes have experienced shaktipat ( and 1 on 1 direct introduction though not in the context of the 4th abhisheka.) At any rate I am speaking from my own experience.