Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What does a Taoist do, in the Middle of Summer

Taoism seeks harmony with the season. Are there any particular practices that take advantage of this hot high energy time?

Edited by thelerner

They stay in cool places to keep cool.......... :)

PS......
Keep the heart at the rest. Another words, keep the heart calm.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

take advantage of less need for food to uphold body heat,

expel additional via yangming

now after that try the vagus nerve activation techniques in combination with that :)

• Like 1

Taoism seeks harmony with the season. Are there any particular practices that take advantage of this hot high energy time?

Complain about how insomnia and that it is the heart season and do additional heart exercises mostly... No wait, that is what *I* do during hte summer.

I'm too lazy to get up in the morning to see the sun rising. The long day of summer provides me a chance to do some sun gazing after work.

• Like 1

We have two seasons here, Summer and Summer is coming...

I usually practice before sunrise or around dusk when I'm working.

If I'm between shows, then I'll add a midnight and midday session, usually incorporating the beach or tree work at one of the local parks.

It's Summer (seasonal harmony)

from RV's quote:

kling-photo-1-300x225.png

"The Fire element of this season is seen in such things as people’s passion, strength, and courage when in balance, while an over excitable expression or its seemingly opposite, depression when not in balance. When the heart’s energy is balanced, the result is the ability to think clearly, remember well, and sleep well.

The tongue, which is the outer organ of the Heart/Small Intestine system, is used in Chinese medicine as an important diagnostic tool. By examining the tongue, one’s state of health can be quickly assessed. The tip of the tongue reflects the state of health, both physical and emotional as it relates to the heart and fire element. (For more information on tongue diagnostics: http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/exam/exam_diagnostic_inspection.html).

Among the various “dangers” of this season, is Summer Heat, which is one of the six external pathogenic forces (cold/wind/damp/dryness/fire/summer heat). This particular heat only exists in the summer season. It has to do with an overabundance of Yang Heat and some of its symptoms include high fever, red face, abundant sweating (not from physical exertion), intense listlessness, nausea. It is important in summer to eat cooling foods, drink fluids that are not ice cold, dress appropriately. In hot weather it is advisable to eat lightly, drinking teas such as Chrysanthemum tea and eat foods such as mung beans both of which help wick away heat.

I’ve been told that the direction of South for the heart came about because the Heart is considered the King/Monarch of the organ systems, and that the Emperor always faced south at important events.

Some General Guidelines for Healthy Eating

Some Foods That Are Harmonious With Early Summer Include: apricot, beet, bitter melon, black coffee, broccoli, celery, coffee, cucumber, dark unsweetened chocolate, escarole, ginger, job’s tears, lettuces such as Boston, chicory, endive & romaine, lemon balm, loquat, lotus root, lotus seed, mulberries, mung bean, okra, peach, peppermint, persimmons, pumpkin, radishes, red lentils, red peppers, red plums, rhubarb, soy beans, spinach, strawberry, summer squashes, tamarind, teas, tomato, water chestnuts, watermelon, Chinese yam, zucchini, and others."

And we hear your roar! :D

Roaring lion roars some more

Roaring lion paints some more

Good painting today, maybe even good enough to sell.

Do prayer codes for patience, judgment and financial abundance

Heal one past life memory walk to the shop

Carry on with painting it evokes animal spirits, and heals my heart

Heal another past life memory walking to the shop

dog walk, more prayer codes

art

sleep

art

prayer codes

sungazing

dog walk

read ingo swann book

roar

lion

am I taoist

No

I am lion

yes taoists are cool too

I love taoists too

Taoist for life

like immortal for life..

yeh

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

Taoists who are of Taomind, continue to be of Taomind...no particular plans and no planning. I basically just said the same thing as a few other people...

From my ego-mind POV though I would say, as others said, eat less, drink more cool drinks, avoid super hot times if possible, don't get sun burned, go camping, etc. etc.

Early morning loooong yoga session, open heart practices, stretch everything, to balance pathways of easily disturbed mind, and to keep negative emotions washed over by heart chakra energy .

Contemplation of Vairocana, there is no self: it is all conditioning. As people around you get noisy, happy, or upset and celebrate the season, driving towards stimulation and desires, it is all conditioning--they only think there is an "I"--it is all conditioning. Look at all of us thinking that there is seperate selves! Its a funny thing. Vairocana, 'the omnivalent wisdom-body, that he is the unborn, unmanifest, unchanging reality that rests quietly at the core of all phenomena'.

Sign in to follow this