grabmywrist4

Incredibly powerful energy in my third eye. Frightening.

I have had a pressure in my third eye when I meditate for as long as I can remember. Last night, I was watching my chakras. When I got to my crown chakra I became aware of an incredibly powerful energy flowing from this chakra to my third eye. It was like a slide. The energy was so strong that it was frightening. I thought my brain was going to explode. Does anyone know anything about this?

Welcome.

Be sure to keep the tip of the tongue on the upper palate behind the teeth to prevent the energy becoming trapped in the head.

You will find a lot of useful info in the site. Try putting mco and micro cosmic orbit into the search box for forums.

• Like 2

Find a feeling of relaxation within the pressure. Breath lightly into this space, relax all facial muscles, do a whole body scan to check for muscle tension anywhere and everywhere, especially in the neck. Then get back to the one-pointed focus you have chosen (if that's what you are doing). If you want 'hot yang chi' (mind invigorating) in your head, focus up top, if you want cooler, more relaxing Yin energies, focus down lower around the navel perhaps.

• Like 1

i have to go to work very soon, so two quick things which may be of help.

the head is one of the places where the most energy sensation is felt in meditation,

this being due to the large number of bones in the skull and the difficulty for qi to push through them.

you may have seen in the neijing tu where the head has a picture of an ox pulling a cart with mysterious gas coming out.

That is a representation of how the energy works in the head,

very strong and ephemeral.

the second point,

you should be using both strong and passive fire in practice.

so when you get this type of sensation, you should naturally slow down, watch it, don't emphasize any specific thing, relax, breathe to the lower abdomen and let the sensation pass naturally.

you want to be able to turn on and off the active fire at any time during your practice, and you should be able to always maintain a sense of relaxation during meditation.

you could also work on focusing on your yinqiao meridian in the legs and or lower dantian area for a while to bring the energy down.

Sometimes the intensity exists because you are focusing on the intensity of it...The pressure, etc. draws us in because it is novel, and this extra focus increases the intensity further....if you don't mind me asking, just what is your focus?

I have had a pressure in my third eye when I meditate for as long as I can remember. Last night, I was watching my chakras. When I got to my crown chakra I became aware of an incredibly powerful energy flowing from this chakra to my third eye. It was like a slide. The energy was so strong that it was frightening. I thought my brain was going to explode. Does anyone know anything about this?

I also have pressure in 3rd eye, but it's not annoying / not that much energy .

My suggestion is :

use the inverse abdominal breathing to balance the energies in the head and in your lower abdoment .

focus you attention on you lower abdoment for at least 5-10 minutes before finishing the meditation.

hope this helps