clariceedward

Energy Healing - Does it really work?

Dear Friends,

I have been a lurker on this forum for a long time. I started looking at healing practices about 2 years ago due to health challenges. I have severe GERD, IB syndrome, ulcers, thyroid problems and a host of other issues and conventional medication seems to only deal with symptoms.

I explored Qigong - I practiced Spring Forest Qigong level 1 (still do) for 2 years faithfully. Did not seem t help one bit.

I then explored various energy healers: Michael Mohoric, Elma Mayer (Yuen Method), Mahendra Trivedi, John Douglas etc., did several sessions of healing but nothing seemed to even help minutely. I read lot of reviews for healing from Chunyi Lin/Jim and Michael Lomax (who used to post here last year as YaMu) and did several sessions with them, but noticed no improvement. Learned Reiki and some other healing modalities, no help!

What has somewhat helped is a change in diet, more hydration and conventional medication to some extent.

My faith in all this "enery arts" and "energy healing" is completely lost! I have been talking on numerous online forums with people with similar challenges, and most report similar results. Some seem to have benefitted only because of their faith and that too emtionally with no real physical healing to report. I was especially frustrated with methods like Yuen Method - where I sat through hundreds of sessions with so-called masters who "strengethened" and "weakened" and went from zero to infinity to what not but to no avail! About a year and a half ago, I also did sessions with a healer on this forum, who did similar Yuen Method mumbo jumbo and nada, saw zero help.

Does energy healing really work - apart from may be emotional comfort? I can see how Qigong helps in some ways for general well-being, but the whole thing about actual, specific, consistent physical healing via the "energy way" seems like a total fallcy

Sorry for ranting in my very first post here, but I am 75, without medical insurance and having spent much money on these "healers", it's hard for me to be positive.

Edited by clariceedward

I think energy healing can work as there are hundreds of thousands of testimonials, personally I have found some helps and others don't and find there are different levels of it, I am working with one currently on a completely different level than all the others I've tried including many of those you mention like Yuen and Elma Mayer etc.

Many of the techniques perhaps even the majority work only on the level of basic relaxation but there are some which work on much deeper levels. But the thing about it is that it is not really a science and is more of an art with many variables which is why there is never any guarantee of healing, there are certain laws of nature and karmic laws which cant be removed which may need to be played out before healing can take place. There is also the issue of identity in that it is very difficult for a healer to remove something a person has identified with no matter how good they are, which is often why the Qigong level of healing won't work.

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 3

personally I have found some helps and others don't and find there are different levels of it, I am working with one currently on a completely different level than all the others I've tried including many of those you mention like Yuen and Elma Mayer etc.

Can you share more about the current modality you are working on? Appreciate any input that can give me some hope.

Hi Clarice, welcome and glad you finally joined!

Others will have to address your questions about 'energy healing' - but since you mentioned a change in diet was somewhat helpful, kindly allow me to share something I really think would be of benefit to you.

About 10 years ago - I was well on the path you describe... and my next step was to be the dreaded 'purple pill' (Nexium). Not wanting to start on meds, if possible, I asked in a forum, like this one, for advice - and was told what to try. I tried it and the change was immediate. Like the next day. ~ Snap ~ Life changed, and no problems since. Remember what your tummy felt like when you were a kid? You didn't even know it was there, lol. It's like that for me now and has been ever since.

I wish I still had the book - I'd type it in for you verbatim. It's the diet/foods section found in Daniel Reid's book called "Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity" and the basics are:

1) Don't eat protein/meat in the same meal with starches. The reason is: in the stomach, the digestive juices naturally released to digest meat, and the digestive juices naturally released to digest starches, cancel each other out (acid + alkaline = inert neutral) and so the food just sits there longer than its supposed to and ferments. And backs up. Burp burn.

2) Eat fruit all by itself. The reason is, fruit digests fast, goes through the system fast. Worst thing you could do is have fruit or juice right after a meal. The food in your system ahead of the fruit slows it down, and it sits and ferments. Again, burp burn.

There's only a few more rules, but those two changes are the biggies, and the difference is like night and day. If you want to visit more about this, feel free to private message (PM) me - soon as you figure out how to do that. We were all new here once. (-:

warm regards,

rene

• Like 1

Can you share more about the current modality you are working on? Appreciate any input that can give me some hope.

I will pm you

..meant for OP only.

Edited by skydog

edit. i think you are looking for something specific. i wish you the best in your discovery process!

dang, thetaoiseasy, that was a good post. :sniff:

oh well. (-:

edit: Yay! lol

Edited by rene

maybe try plant medicine, I had a lot of success with ayahuasca to rid of candida. It pretty much cleared out my issues in the GI tract, of course diet is important too. Work out what are the best foods for you body, usually vegetables and fruits.

In terms of energy healing, I have had experiences of feeling energetically full and elevated from others channeling chi and what not. It lasts temporarily then I'm back to normal haha.

I have also tried healers who work on the subconscious level (holographic, muscle testing), such techniques had the most success. I didn't experience anything straight away, but the same night when I went to sleep I would have what I think is a processing of karma. I was shown demons and I would face them without fear.

I used to experience anxiety (fast beating of the heart, shallow breathing) in some social situations and after that night it was gone. That was using the LifeLine Technique. As with many of these techniques there's no guarantee you will experience results and I'm pretty impatient, if nothing happens after the first session I won't have another one.

But yeah.. I think since you have GI tract troubles ayahuasca is my recommendation. I suggest you read up about it and see if it's right for you.

• Like 1

What diet alterations have you made?

I have been contemplating on this issue for a long time and have come to the conclusion that without the right diet, no amount of healing would cure you for good when dealing with these kinds of issues. Nutrition can in the worst cases be responsible for 99% of the problems. I personally had severe candida, severe IBS, leaky stomach, cronic fatique etc. and when I recall those times and try to imagine, whether energy healing would've done it for me, I come with an answer that it would seem very much impossible without the right diet. I still have slight cronic fatique, but don't have any symptoms of candida, IBS or leaky gut WHEN sticking to the diets that work for me.

A cronic disease is like cutting yourself with a knife. Healing is like putting on stiches. Bad diet is like ripping them of and cutting the same wound again. When dealing with these kinds of cronic diseases, the starting point in curing them is nutrition. I have heard amazing stories of people being cured of cancer just by energy arts, but the digestive track issues are worse, because what you eat makes the problem. The only good thing about them is that they don't kill you. Its like the problem as a whole is not the symptoms or the walls of your digestive track alone. Nutrition is part of the problem, it cannot be seperated and no healer on this planet can prevent you from stabbing your stomach with a knife. Cronic diseases are more like AIDS than cancer, could you imagine anyone being cured from AIDS by energy healing? Michael Lomax himself has said, that cronic fatique syndrom, just as an example, is a grizzly. It cannot be solved easily. It has to be battled for a long time, with several different methods. The digestive track issues you are facing are of the same nature and I believe what ever other issue you may have, is a result of the stomach issues.

After being able to become symptomless with nutrition alone qi gong, nei gong and healing combined can take you long ways. I would suggest you start testing on extremely strict diets of low carb and fruitarian. Those are the ones that seem to work for everyone, me included. It should be possible to become symptom free with diet alone. It takes time and effort, took me 2 years to be okay without cravings of normal food etc. but it is possible.

And when I say strict low carb or fruitarian I mean loosing every single particle that has been made chemically, taking NO carbs in whatsoever, eating herbs on a daily basis, making no exceptions. Or going full time fruitarian and eating NOTHING but raw vegetables. Dont forget the HERBS that are meant for your issues. People don't know it, but even the slightest things matter in these cases. I myself tested low carb when I didn't know I had candida and it didn't do anything for me. It was only when I learned about candida and realized how strict it would have to be, that the changes started coming. Its like even if you add a minor piece of a sauce that has for example dairy in it (or some other substance that shouldn't be there) thats it, GAME OVER. This is how strict you must be, when testing with the diets.

I am now at a point, where I can eat something that shouldn't be there even couple times a week with no problemo. But I can tell you, that in the beginning, it was one drop of something and it took me long time to get back on track. People don't realize how severe these conditions can be, and how merciless the situation is. I would propably suggest trying fruitarian diet first. But every person is an individual and the main point is to test different dietary methods until you find the one that works for you.

Edited by raimonio

could you imagine anyone being cured from AIDS by energy healing?

Yes both Jim Nance and Chunyi Lin have healed people of being HIV Positive.

I remember one review of Chunyi Lin -- on some better business bureau site -- an older lady saying how her healing didn't work -- but that Chunyi Lin had said she would require several more healings.

The thing about chronic conditions is that they usually require many healings.

Emotion is the number one cause of energy blockage.

Nutrition is the second cause of energy blockage.

These two are closely linked together.

For "qigong people" Chunyi Lin says to eat only till the stomach is 70% full otherwise the food "goes to the head."

That right there is a requirement that personally I do not meet! haha.

Yeah the person first posted as "lindsy" - http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/spring-forest-qigong-c158551.html

Then the person posted the same complaint on another website - only under the name of "wanda"

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/spring-forest-qigong/eden-prairie-minnesota-55344/spring-forest-qigong-refused-to-respond-to-concerns-about-treatment-eden-prairie-minnesota-416530

So for example when I was starting out qigong I did four hours a day.

It depends on how much you want to practice for your condition.

If someone has cancer or some serious condition they should practice at least four hours a day.

But as for diet - well like for cancer - number one is to avoid sugar. When I have sugar then I use vinegar or garlic or onions or some other sulfur or terpenes like thymol - thyme I mean, etc.

Diet depends on the season, your environment, how much exercise you do, your age, your life force energy requirements.

But emotion is the big factor - if you are having a lot of stress -- this shuts down the immune system response from relaxation and so that causes bacteria to increase causing the ulcer to occur.

So the thing about meditation exercises is that if you expect something to happen - that is your mind -- but for the energy to build up - it is not from your mind but it is from the Emptiness or God or Unconditional Love or Faith.

Energy healing works!

My mom is 77 and Jim Nance healed her while Jim was talking to me! Jim talked to me though for 2 hours and then he said he was "having a conversation with my mom." I knew that Jim must have been healing my mom and then the next day my mom woke up with tons of energy. My mom had viral meningitis and so she could barely walk up the stairs but the day after Jim healed her then my mom walked a quarter mile!! So I asked Jim about this later and Jim said he had healed her but that he had to send her energy several times. Jim also has said it's easier to heal people when they are asleep because then their mind does not get in the way of the healing.

So for example when Jim is healing me - I ask him what he is working on and he says he does not want to tell me because then my mind would get in the way of the healing.

The one thing I would recommend is just to stick to one practice - in the traditional training it says to take 100 days to build up the energy before you really start feeling results. I would say if you do 6 months of 2 hours a day then you should really feel results but if you want to speed it up then do 4 hours a day.

If you really want to heal -- then this is awesome - because most people do not want to meditate and even those people will attack others for meditating - claiming meditation is being lazy, etc.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

http://www.gnosticmedia.com/wheatismurder

MOdern Wheat is murder.

This is a great interview with the author of Wheat Belly.....

umm I recommend cutting out all wheat.

I just use wheat sparingly.

It is inflammatory - has very high glycemic index like eating sugar -- it easily leaks out of the gut....

http://www.gnosticmedia.com/wheatismurder

that's the podcast.

Just fast forward the intro stuff from Jan who hosts the podcast....

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2013/03/anatomy-of-a-poison-2/

Modern Wheat: A Terrorist’s Delight

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/09/modern-wheat-a-terrorists-delight/

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

So are you saying that clariceedward the OP here is the same person as 'lindsy' and 'wanda' in those links?

So are you saying that clariceedward the OP here is the same person as 'lindsy' and 'wanda' in those links?

I am neither "lindsy" nor "wanda", just good ol Clarice.

I said things did not work for me and I just gave examples of a bunch of things that did not work for me. So, now I am a conspirator?

pythagoreanfulllotus: Please don't accuse me with no idea of what I am going through. I am least interested in the kind of things you accuse me of, I am just trying to seek help. I have no idea who Lindsy is or Wanda is. I don't appreciate your accusation. Lay it off please, don't be a bully.

Edited by clariceedward

Isnt it the case that in clinical trials placebos equal and out perform drugs?

this proves that energy medicine works.

Placebo surgery on knees has also been shown to be as effective as real surgery. Much to the surprise and dismay of the surgeons! :D

Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Many patients report symptomatic relief after undergoing arthroscopy of the knee for osteoarthritis, but it is unclear how the procedure achieves this result. We conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of arthroscopy for osteoarthritis of the knee.

METHODS:

A total of 180 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee were randomly assigned to receive arthroscopic débridement, arthroscopic lavage, or placebo surgery. Patients in the placebo group received skin incisions and underwent a simulated débridement without insertion of the arthroscope. Patients and assessors of outcome were blinded to the treatment-group assignment. Outcomes were assessed at multiple points over a 24-month period with the use of five self-reported scores--three on scales for pain and two on scales for function--and one objective test of walking and stair climbing. A total of 165 patients completed the trial.

RESULTS:

At no point did either of the intervention groups report less pain or better function than the placebo group. For example, mean (+/-SD) scores on the Knee-Specific Pain Scale (range, 0 to 100, with higher scores indicating more severe pain) were similar in the placebo, lavage, and débridement groups: 48.9+/-21.9, 54.8+/-19.8, and 51.7+/-22.4, respectively, at one year (P=0.14 for the comparison between placebo and lavage; P=0.51 for the comparison between placebo and débridement) and 51.6+/-23.7, 53.7+/-23.7, and 51.4+/-23.2, respectively, at two years (P=0.64 and P=0.96, respectively). Furthermore, the 95 percent confidence intervals for the differences between the placebo group and the intervention groups exclude any clinically meaningful difference.

CONCLUSIONS:

In this controlled trial involving patients with osteoarthritis of the knee, the outcomes after arthroscopic lavage or arthroscopic débridement were no better than those after a placebo procedure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12110735

• Like 4

Good luck!

Thanks dear. I don't disagree with you. We have a lifetime or lifetimes of spring cleaning to do, and at the old age I am at, I am trying my best. I agree and acknowledge the overall holistic benefit Qigong may have, or just a healthy, stress-free, good-diet+exercise lifestyle probably does the same as well?

I was really talking of testimonies and claims by these healers - of correcting specific problems, of quick help, of not needing "hard work" or "lot of time and practice" like in the case of Yuen Method etc. Most healers I went to assured me I did not need to "believe", and I would see real physical improvements. I have now realized it just does not work that way, does it? But when one is sick and tired and scared, you try all avenues, and so I did. Certain lessons are to be learned the hard way I suppose.

But yeah.. I think since you have GI tract troubles ayahuasca is my recommendation. I suggest you read up about it and see if it's right for you.

Dear one, thank you for the kind words. I don't know much about "ayahuasca", but it seems like a herb? I will enquire more about it and see if it can help. Thank you.

Hi Clarice

So your sessions with Michael Lomax didnt help either ?

Hello Ronko, frankly nothing I could notice during or after the sessions. I did not even know if the healings were done and had to follow up several times to confirm they did indeed happen, not very responsive. I don't know, just no more spending what little I have on "healers".

What diet alterations have you made?

Hello Dear,

I am on a completely vegetarain diet for the most part. I eat banana, papaya and peach for breakfast. I eat some whole grain bread, a salad, some cooked veggies for lunch, sometimes some oatmeal. I eat more fruit, or carrots late noon, and some oatmeal again in the evening. That is pretty much my diet. I ocassionally add some beans etc. for protein. I avoid sugars, most processed foods and carbs for the most part. I also try to be gluten free for the most part. I have been following this diet for about two years now.

Hello Dear,

I am on a completely vegetarain diet for the most part. I eat banana, papaya and peach for breakfast. I eat some whole grain bread, a salad, some cooked veggies for lunch, sometimes some oatmeal. I eat more fruit, or carrots late noon, and some oatmeal again in the evening. That is pretty much my diet. I ocassionally add some beans etc. for protein. I avoid sugars, most processed foods and carbs for the most part. I also try to be gluten free for the most part. I have been following this diet for about two years now.

Yeah I just listened to the Wheat Belly podcast - he says that even some wheat creates small particle LDLs which stay in your system and create the havoc.

So he says wheat causes IBS and acid reflux, etc.

So I would definitely try a no wheat diet.