Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Siddhi

I recently met a Siddhi and attended a Kirtan at Shanti Mandir in Walden... much incredible energy.

Please lets discuss the Siddhi group? What is interesting about it? What is the difference between Siddhi groups? etc.

Not sure what you mean by meeting a Siddhi? Usually if it's a teacher of note they will manifest Siddhi's.

Siddhi (Sanskrit:सिद्धिः; siddhiḥ) is a Sanskrit word that literally means "accomplishment", "attainment", or "success"

Not sure what you mean by meeting a Siddhi? Usually if it's a teacher of note they will manifest Siddhi's.

Siddha is the teacher.

I recently met a Siddhi and attended a Kirtan at Shanti Mandir in Walden... much incredible energy.

Please lets discuss the Siddhi group? What is interesting about it? What is the difference between Siddhi groups? etc.

if this is the same group as the "yogic flying" and TM

maharishi-mish-mash

i wouldn't waste my time

if this is the same group as the "yogic flying" and TM

maharishi-mish-mash

i wouldn't waste my time

I don't think these are the same group. Shanti Mandir has a web site here: http://www.shantimandir.com/index.htm.

A quick look seems to point to a lineage from Baba Muktananda - see his listing on "Rate a Guru" here: http://www.globalserve.net/~sarlo/RatingsM.htm#mukie.

That said, I have no real knowledge of them or their practices. GT, what was your experience

Charlie

yes this is a Muktananda lineage. The MAHA siddha's are the tibetan masters, I understand.

My experience at the ashram was powerful, a lot of positive vibes in the Kirtan and the people were also very kind worshippers of the Devi, the Goddess.

They are hardcore goddess lovers, calling this "cosmic insurance" even!

I went to a yoga class at the gym recently and had a very positive expeience with a Siddha teaching. Both the siddhi and the goddess he left with had perfect bodies.

The yoga we did was had elements of all kinds. It was mostly a flow yoga, but also used warrior wellness techniques to open all the joints at the beginning and end. There was many sublties and some pranayamas, but he presented it quite clearly.. a challengeing practice which made people loose their breath...but the om nama shivaya audio during shivasana restored everything at the end. My lady friend and I felt like a million $ for the rest of the night!

I am looking forward to learning a lot more from this Siddhi!

Edited by GrandTrinity

Sign in to follow this