Sign in to follow this  
Mewz

Do, Re, Mi...?

I am a complete beginner to the Tao. I just downloaded Stephen Mitchell's translation, and am simply starting to read and absorb.

Any advice on reading and learning the Tao would be most appreciated.

In my younger days I was a spiritual seeker and then after a series of lousy experiences with spiritual and religious organizations I drifted away from the notion of believing in anything beyond that which I can observe. I suppose I became somewhat of a "spiritual atheist" if you will.

But I have come to realize that there is something to the "not there" world that draws me to find a greater sense of wholeness. So, here I am, putting one proverbial foot in front of the other just to see what happens.

Welcome Mewz.

You will find much of interest in the Taoist Textual Studies sub-forum. Good luck.

• Like 1

Lots of resources here to help ya. The Tao is easy yet difficult. Like staring at your own eyes. Or so I have heard. HAhah. Welcome!

Peace.

The tao is a hand book for life and how to life. In between the line you will find much spiritual material. Reading and living what you read is a big key. The tao contains the deepest metaphyical truth. Your copy is the best to start from. If you are looking for true spiritual inlightment check out Jonathon Parker Pathway to mastership. It only online it a 12 cd set. You'll find many truths in both the tao and the pathway to mastership. Good luck.

Hello Mewz

I too have been searching for answers other than I can see. I just found this forum so am on the path with you in re awaking my deepest spirituality. . we all search and find. . is or was it not said seek and ye shall find? I am not religious in nature and understand spirituality is a totally different thing. I believe as you I am on the right path in my life and hoping this forum will help

Sign in to follow this