Awen

UK/European Cultivation Masters

I am starting this thread to provide a directory or introduction to Masters in (or available to) Europe.

Here on the forums there is a lot of talk about teachers in America, however despite a number of attempts to bring some of these teachers to England, (with the exception of Master Michael Lomax last year) practitioners/cultivators in Europe do not have access to these teachers. As good as DVD's are, i continuously hear people saying not to work by DVD alone unless one is a "hermit or lighthouse keeper".

Is there equivalent qigong/neigong/neidan teachers in Europe at all?

Awen

ps... i am not from the UK, but generally discussion to bring teachers from America always is directed at the UK so i include it in the title of the topic on these grounds, rather than person bias.

Frantzis and his students teach in UK (and elsewhere in Europe). Shaolin Wahnam courses are I believe available in UK and Spain. Wild Goose qigong master is in UK. There must be many more,

Serge Augier is in Paris, France is a recognised Doaist Spirit immortal by two clans i think... his student's Tao Bum name is King Monkey and teaches in London neijia as well as shen gong and nei dan.

Peace

Edited by Edward M
  • Like 1

Serge Augier is in Paris, France is a recognised Doaist Spirit immortal by two clans i think..

Do you know a source on this info?

http://urbandaouk.blogspot.co.uk/ Serge's blog has info.. his student who taught me for some time Alex Kozma knows a lot about him and i would guess has been in touch with his Daoist teachers... i know another of Serge's students who has good things to say about him..

Write to KingMonkey by pm on here and ask him, he is Serge's disciple now apparently..

Hope this helps?

Peace

http://urbandaouk.blogspot.co.uk/ Serge's blog has info.. his student who taught me for some time Alex Kozma knows a lot about him and i would guess has been in touch with his Daoist teachers... i know another of Serge's students who has good things to say about him..

Write to KingMonkey by pm on here and ask him, he is Serge's disciple now apparently..

Hope this helps?

Peace

Thank you, so you learnt from his student, is he a teacher you would recommend based in Europe?

His Student Alex Kozma -- (I don't know KingMonkey, but heard he is very good!!), i learn from him a bit, but i don't know anything.. i never got into the flow of training.. it was bagua/xingyi.. i didn't learn any nei dan or shen gong.. Alex is a buddhist and follows that path.. for martial arts, sure i'd recommend him, yeah.. in fact he is running a retreat in september for nei gong (martial) and mizong buddhist meditation:

his video from a while back...

Peace

Edited by Edward M

Serge Augier..is a recognised Doaist Spirit immortal by two clans i think.

Do you know a source on this info?

This is a mis-understanding I think. I can ask and find out.

I have briefly met King Monkey a couple of times at unrelated workshops and once randomly on a plane to Ireland! He is a nice guy.

Serge is a lineage holder of the Daoism clan tradition that is related to Ziranmen quan. He refers to this tradition as "Da Xuan" and originating from the Kunlun mountains.

Serge is allegedly recognised as a Tianshi or "teacher of the Heavens"/"Heavenly Teacher" by three lineages of Daoism. I'm not sure what is meant by this as Tianshi usually refers to the deities within Daoism. A teacher of the Dao is usually referred to as a Daoshi, but I think this title is being used because of the shamanic aspects of Serge's tradition.

According to some, "Tianshi are believed to be able to converse with dieties on the community's behalf, as well as control spirits and draw upon the power of Dao through the use of talismans and charms."

I don't think he or anyone claims he is a Shen Xian or Spirit Immortal which is also referred to as Tian Xian or a Heavenly Immortal. This is the highest level of achievement in Daoism.

Lao Zi is viewed as a Tian Xian/Shen Xian!

From Serge's site;

"He received the title of "Tianshi" since 1998 in three schools:

• Huashan Lingbao Pai: Founded in 989,
  • Quanzhen Longmen: Founded in 1148,
  • Guikang Pai: Esoteric Movement founded in 888."
  • Like 1

haha, Snowmonki thanks for clearing that up and sorry for my mistake :)

I'm not familiar with the daoist terms, so please excuse me!

All the best,

Edward

Throwing the name of Yue Liming out there.....

not sure about his qigong, but his Chen style Tai Chi is meant to be fantastic

Throwing the name of Yue Liming out there.....

not sure about his qigong, but his Chen style Tai Chi is meant to be fantastic

Not trying to be disrespectful here, but I would be very cautious regarding the so-called and often self-appointed cultivation masters. There are a lot of bogus people in the spirituality market and Daoism is no exception.

BUT I would without hesitation go to Yue Liming ( he is a student of Chen Zhenglei) or any Chen Taijiquan lineage holder. We have more and deeper lessons to learn from real Taijiquan (or any rigourous internal martial art) than from fake meditations and fancy methods.

Here's another instructor:

http://lotusneigong.com/content/

huh!

edit 1: Dear Gerard, do you really think that each of the teachers at lotusneigong has at least 10 000 hours of practice? I am not so sure.

edit 2: Practice doesn't necessarily mean true cultivation. I have seen too much teachers chasing women, live off of students, abusing students.And I have seen people thinking that cultivating qi will lead them to some absolute. They are deluding themselves and some self-appointed teachers have understood very well the situation and market themselves. Just saying

Edited by bubbles

Yes. But Lam Kam Chuen has moved to the US and only comes to UK for short periods of time. Yet, there are his disciples in Europe. One name among others that pops up in my mind is Peter den Dekker in NL.

Lam Kam Chuen is a solid teacher i keep hearing from my friends who have trained with him. He has high standards set for his disciples/authorised teachers.

There are plenty of them in Uk and abroad/in Europe... all listed on his website.

Peace

Yes. But Lam Kam Chuen has moved to the US and only comes to UK for short periods of time.

Didnt realise he had left for the US- apologies.

So in the UK it seems that everyone is confined to London and/or the Greater London Area?