Sign in to follow this  
Nyro

New Here

Hi, my name's Anthony, but you can call me Nyro (pronounced ni-roh).

I've recently purchased the Tao Te Ching from a local bookstore, and after reading into it and researching Taoism a bit, it's come to strike my interest (And being agnostic for quite some time, it has actually got me to consider converting to it). I hope to learn much more about it as well as philosophy in general, and get to meet many more people as well.

Until we meet again,

Nyro

Are you close to a Taoist temple to convert? Theres religious Taoism and philisophical Taoism. In the religious one you will get candles, incense, chanting and their version of Gods in the Three Pure Ones. Most of us here are philosophical Taoists as far as I can tell. Plus a few alchemists to boot. The Tao Teh Ching is an awesome book and the best on Taoism in my opinion. Welcome to the Bums.

Darin

Begruben Sie, und hoffen Sie, dass Sie sich zuhause hier fuhlen sollen!

Ah, I must inform you TwoTrees that.....mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut >_< lol. But, perhaps, I may be able to learn a thing or two from you ^_^.

And no, I'm not near any temple that I'm aware of, and only recently have I looked into the subect of Taoism. I am, however, deeply interested in the philosophical aspect of Taoism, which I'm currently reading on (I read from the Tao Te Ching every night). But if I do find at least even a small gathering of Taoists out here (In SA Texas), I'll definitely look into that as well.

Sign in to follow this