Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Just so everybody knows...

I am seriously writing a book on all kinds of cultivation stuff, SO: If you think I am wrong about anything I am talking about and you can change my mind, please go ahead, as I sincerely do not want to disseminate disinformation! Please argue with me the best you can, because only this will help my book....anything I talk about here (except the jokey joker stuff) will be in the book, so don't be shy to attack me. I like it! Whip me, beat me, put me in chains! (As long as you have the key to the lock though).

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 3

i used to want to write a book, but then i realized that i can barely get someone IRL to listen to my theories for even a minute and seeing some of the negative attention some people get on here i would be way too scared to post anything like that on ttb. i catch enough BS for my threads that attempt to think out of the box, imagine a whole book of my nonsense!

inanimate objects are sentient

animals with tails have extra chakras

people already have super powers they just don't realize it when they use them

the best cure for an angry society is to shock them, as the facial movements for shock and anger are almost exact opposites

4chan culture is developing its own form of spiritual cultivation, but they aren't aware of it

there is just a taste of my crazies.

• Like 4

I am seriously writing a book on all kinds of cultivation stuff, SO: If you think I am wrong about anything I am talking about and you can change my mind, please go ahead, as I sincerely do not want to disseminate disinformation! Please argue with me the best you can, because only this will help my book....anything I talk about here (except the jokey joker stuff) will be in the book, so don't be shy to attack me. I like it! Whip me, beat me, put me in chains! (As long as you have the key to the lock though).

Cool, I enjoy your posts.

I was meaning to ask you a question about food, in the other thread, for some reason didnt feel like asking then.

Annyyways.

So Im trying to be more grounded, possibly put on some more muscle weight, I aim to not eat meat, maybe once a week.

If I dont eat very much, I feel good, not high, high is when I think of escaping the world into spirituality.

Anyways my daily meals on a good day would be something like.

Breakfast:

Water to begin day..

Mushrooms, Kidney beans/beans, Soup/Miso Soup/vegetables like spinach/tomatoes etc.

or Possibly two pieces of fruit just by themselves.

or Possibly a pancake

Lunch

or Soup, Some kind of meat free, or tofu etc burger, spinach and cheese meals,

nachos/avacado, tomato, garlic portion, cheese, creme fraiche

Sometimes various seed snacks, A chocolate whey protein bar.

So usually I eat 2 meals a day...

Edited by skydog

Cool, I enjoy your posts.

I was meaning to ask you a question about food, in the other thread, for some reason didnt feel like asking then.

Annyyways.

So Im trying to be more grounded, possibly put on some more muscle weight, I aim to not eat meat, maybe once a week.

If I dont eat very much, I get high, like the third eye is open etc

Anyways my daily meals on a good day would be something like.

Breakfast:

Water to begin day..

Mushrooms, Kidney beans/beans, Soup/Miso Soup/vegetables like spinach/tomatoes etc.

or Possibly two pieces of fruit just by themselves.

or Possibly a pancake

Lunch

or Soup, Some kind of meat free, or tofu etc burger, spinach and cheese meals,

nachos/avacado, tomato, garlic portion, cheese, creme fraiche

Sometimes various seed snacks, A chocolate whey protein bar.

So usually I eat 2 meals a day...

I will get back to you on this tomorrow

you know i also wanted to write a book and still do but you know i will be fooling the world and also myself because i still do not know the truth

i have knowledge of cultivation, i know what enlightenment is but still i do not know the real truth

there are so many theories, so many methods

it is so overwhelming that i dont believe in anything and also i believe in everything, strange lol

i am waiting for that time when i will see the real truth, probably at that time i will know what is inherently true or what is just a belief

may be its all belief, may be its a mixture of belief and absolute

who knows

at that time i will probably write a book

or may be i will drop the idea of writing a book all together because there is nothing to tell, nothing to describe

• Like 1

there is a way to write a book without knowing the truth...

hy·poth·e·sis

/hīˈpäTHəsis/
Noun
  1. A supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
  2. A proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.

Synonyms

supposition - assumption - conjecture - presumption

hypo- or hyp-
pref.
1. Below; beneath; under: hypodermic.
2. Less than normal; deficient: hypoesthesia.

the·sis

/ˈTHēsis/
Noun
  1. A statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved: "can you support your thesis?".
  2. (in Hegelian philosophy) A proposition forming the first stage in the process of dialectical reasoning.
Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

i wish you success so that you don't have to get a regular job and live off your book royalties doing something you love.

i will argue the best i can.

my first argument:

there is a way to write a book without knowing the truth... hy·poth·e·sis

you said that your book is about all kinds of cultivating stuff.

what do you need a hypothesis for?

you can gather all the info on cultivating stuff and present them in your book.

so what's the problem?

i wish you success so that you don't have to get a regular job and live off your book royalties doing something you love.

i will argue the best i can.

my first argument:

you said that your book is about all kinds of cultivating stuff.

what do you need a hypothesis for?

you can gather all the info on cultivating stuff and present them in your book.

so what's the problem?

I have a regular job - eat good food, dig in the dirt (gardening), build stuff for my family, take breaks every day to shower, walk around to see sights - I never stop doing!

I need hypothesis for same reasons you do. No one knows for sure, so we are all living off of our hypotheses of what life is supposed to be like, etc. If I write a book without gathering information, it will look stupid. I am here to gather information! By asking questions of people I learn great knowledge. Also, I bounce ideas off people, and if they stick, I know I did good. If they don't, I refresh myself with better techniques! Don't be silly Narveen. Think before you speak. Or else you will always take time out of your life correcting your mistakes later. Don't eat this as envy/strife/upsetness. Know that you are helping me make my book right now. I should like to thank you sir.

END NOTE:

Don't pet the sweaty things.

One can NOT learn great knowledge, son. haha

Best thing can happen is each day people gather and store immense quantities of all sorts of information and then try to make sense of all of it, sifting thru layers of what they deem useful or not, and then bounce such gathered info against what they call 'life' and then strut around like peacocks all day talking nonsense based off of what information they have gathered, usually making a big fuss over trivial things, wasting energy on feeble crumbs which they use to feed their addiction to info-gathering. The funniest thing is most people live their lives immersed in this well of information, thus its as if using a broken compass as a navigating instrument. haha

Of course basic information, like how to get to the bus stop and such like are useful to a degree, but information in itself, especially a dependency on it, is the absolute stunter to spiritual growth (if there is such a thing, btw).

Hop[e you have better success my friend. Come up with more info. Or, grace allowing, something useful. The choice is, your pleasures. :)

Edited by C T

I am seriously writing a book on all kinds of cultivation stuff, SO: If you think I am wrong about anything ...

Well, Okay. I will keep a closer eye on your posts. Hehehe.

• Like 1

I havent seen you write anything stupid yet , but I will be Looking.

:)

(Like CT indicated ,,Its the qualitative value of the 'cultivation stuff' that I suspect foremost )

• Like 1

What is the aim or result of the cultivation that you present?

One can NOT learn great knowledge, son. haha

Best thing can happen is each day people gather and store immense quantities of all sorts of information and then try to make sense of all of it, sifting thru layers of what they deem useful or not, and then bounce such gathered info against what they call 'life' and then strut around like peacocks all day talking nonsense based off of what information they have gathered, usually making a big fuss over trivial things, wasting energy on feeble crumbs which they use to feed their addiction to info-gathering. The funniest thing is most people live their lives immersed in this well of information, thus its as if using a broken compass as a navigating instrument. haha

Of course basic information, like how to get to the bus stop and such like are useful to a degree, but information in itself, especially a dependency on it, is the absolute stunter to spiritual growth (if there is such a thing, btw).

Hop[e you have better success my friend. Come up with more info. Or, grace allowing, something useful. The choice is, your pleasures. :)

But I just learn great knowledge right now from you! You taught me that one cannot learn great knowledge, and that is great knowledge! lol

What is the aim or result of the cultivation that you present?

Great power, great knowledge, great health, great longevity, great bliss, great shakti, great speed, great gongfu skills, great spontaneous movements skills, great wuwei, great dantien elixir field, great great stuff

But I just learn great knowledge right now from you! You taught me that one cannot learn great knowledge, and that is great knowledge! lol

Its only informational bytes, not knowledge, my friend. It only becomes knowledge when/if you are able to integrate the information by converting it into something that will raise you one further step up the gradient.

Perhaps you hasss miss the point i had tried to make regarding the difference between knowledge and information. ^_^

Its only informational bytes, not knowledge, my friend. It only becomes knowledge when/if you are able to integrate the information by converting it into something that will raise you one further step up the gradient.

Perhaps you hasss miss the point i had tried to make regarding the difference between knowledge and information. ^_^

Knowledge is transitory, used to gain chi essence.

I would think information is dry facts that are not living in the mind being understood, whereas knowledge is when the information becomes linked with the reality matrix in the brain. Applied knowledge is wisdom. Maybe...for book writing purposes, if the information in the book is just sitting there, it isn't knowledge. Only when it is being read is it being known. Then it enlivens to the knowledge state (the book contains only information, and never knowledge, only the brain can contain knowledge, and only when the stored information in the brain comes under direct awareness). Using the knowledge one has gained is a multi-step process and requires further shaping. Knowing the when and where to apply the knowledge is the wisdom part.

EDIT again: I kept thinking about it and here is a further conclusion - information is only information until it is perceived. Perception happens almost instantaneously as one reads words, and the information become knowledge basically immediately. As soon as it leaves awareness and gets stored in memory, it is information again. The thought constructs build a linked pattern in the mind, forming a conceptual shape as one reads along. It's still in the knowledge stage at this point, yet may soon become wisdom as one applies it either internally or externally to either other knowledge or actions. Anytime one creates new understandings that is wisdom awareness (I think...at least it sounds right). When the wisdom eye is open, one becomes elevated/integrated further with true seeing. Still need some work on this, but thanks for bringing it up.

wis·dom

/ˈwizdəm/

Noun
  1. The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
  2. The soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of such experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
Edited by Songtsan

Hey, here's some stuff I recommend you read so you have more good information to draw on:

*The Sutra of Hui-neng, Thomas Cleary. Really good Zen stuff.

*Working Towards Enlightenment and To Realise Enlightenment, Master Nan. So much information, excellent overviews of cultivation. Free on scribd.

*The Attention Revolution, Alan Wallace. PRICELESS! A must read for a proper understanding of samadhi and the practice of shamatha meditation.

*Bill Bodri's articles on jhana - it's the series of 11 at http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/index.htm. I've never seen a better concise guide to this important subject.

*http://www.meditationexpert.com/meditation-techniques/m_Taoist_internal_microcosmic_circulations_and_chakra_meditations.htm, http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_chakras_and_kundalini.htm, and http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_5_things_to_know_about_chakras_and_kundalini.htm - these three articles are important, people are far too obsessed with chi out of context of the rest of cultivation these days.

*A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life, Shantideva. So inspiring, simply a beautiful text. It's like the sermon on the mount, but longer and with an emphasis on practical advice and wisdom teachings. PDF online.

*http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/z_what_is_seeing_the_Tao.html - important to realise the Tao is between emptiness and existence.

*http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/z_highest_states_in_buddhism_versus_hinduism.html - points out the distinction between Tao and pure awareness, and that Tao is itself neither empty nor existent.

*http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skandha - really important to understand the skandhas and anatta, but don't stop there, find the middle way between sunyata and tathata - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhyamaka.

I've given you a lot there, lol. You could be reading that stuff and looking over stuff it leads to for some time. Enjoy. :)

• Like 1

Hey, here's some stuff I recommend you read so you have more good information to draw on:

*The Sutra of Hui-neng, Thomas Cleary. Really good Zen stuff.

*Working Towards Enlightenment and To Realise Enlightenment, Master Nan. So much information, excellent overviews of cultivation. Free on scribd.

*The Attention Revolution, Alan Wallace. PRICELESS! A must read for a proper understanding of samadhi and the practice of shamatha meditation.

*Bill Bodri's articles on jhana - it's the series of 11 at http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/index.htm. I've never seen a better concise guide to this important subject.

*http://www.meditationexpert.com/meditation-techniques/m_Taoist_internal_microcosmic_circulations_and_chakra_meditations.htm, http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_chakras_and_kundalini.htm, and http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_5_things_to_know_about_chakras_and_kundalini.htm - these three articles are important, people are far too obsessed with chi out of context of the rest of cultivation these days.

*A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life, Shantideva. So inspiring, simply a beautiful text. It's like the sermon on the mount, but longer and with an emphasis on practical advice and wisdom teachings. PDF online.

*http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/z_what_is_seeing_the_Tao.html - important to realise the Tao is between emptiness and existence.

*http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/z_highest_states_in_buddhism_versus_hinduism.html - points out the distinction between Tao and pure awareness, and that Tao is itself neither empty nor existent.

*http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skandha - really important to understand the skandhas and anatta, but don't stop there, find the middle way between sunyata and tathata - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhyamaka.

I've given you a lot there, lol. You could be reading that stuff and looking over stuff it leads to for some time. Enjoy. :)

Thank you so much!

Just noticed the first link of the 3 chi articles went awry, here it is - http://www.meditationexpert.com/yoga-kung-fu/y_microcosmic_circulations_and_playing_with_your_qi.htm

Also the first link - http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/index.htm

And the wikipedia madhyamaka one is screwy too, but the article is easy enough to find.

Gah! Technology...

Edited by Seeker of the Self

Great idea!

I'm very interested in your own stories. How did you grow up? How was it like in schools? How did your parents treat you? How did your siblings fight? How did you end up in prison? How was life like in prison for five years? How did you get into spiritual path?

It'll be an interesting read.

• Like 1

Great idea!

I'm very interested in your own stories. How did you grow up? How was it like in schools? How did your parents treat you? How did your siblings fight? How did you end up in prison? How was life like in prison for five years? How did you get into spiritual path?

It'll be an interesting read.

I was only in prison for 2.5 years...I won't be writing about myself in the book. It's going to be more of a instruction manual for living.

I was only in prison for 2.5 years...I won't be writing about myself in the book. It's going to be more of a instruction manual for living.

Has your "instruction manual for living" been proven effective? Have you tried the "manual" on yourself? If you have, have it been working for you?

• Like 2

in another thread, silas said that the buddha's conduct was as materially significant as his teaching. since you are writing a book on cultivating stuff, your conduct would have impact on the credibility of your hypothesis.

hydrogen asked important questions about your jailbird experience. why don't you answer those questions and argue with us about the connection between you and your book?

Edited by narveen

Though folks often look to see if an author is "credible"

that determination itself is made on criterion other than if the views put forth are sound.

If one cant judge for themselves the quality of what they read they should not read.

Sign in to follow this