Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Got Milk?

Do you Drink it?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink milk?

• Cow milk? Ew! Thats what my mama's titties were for, human's milk!
    • I love cow milk!

Thank you for the reply.

I only drink Almond milk because I have heard very bad things about the effects of cow milk and the Diary/Meat lobby. I think they have infiltrated schools... controlling health/nutrition information!

Darn "food guide pyramid" SCHEME! :lol:

I love milk, but after reading the China Study, have stopped drinking it for the most part. I have noticed a modest positive change in my health and energy level, but I stopped eating meat, increased veggies, etc at the same time so I can't really attribute the benefits.

Milk is repulsive to me and when I stopped drinking it my chronic sinus infections that I had for years stopped. I became lactose intolerant in my mid twenties and when I quit I was like

"oh it s not normal to be nauseous in the morning?COOL! no more feeling pukey at the gym and i thought it was from exertion."

I would only drink raw cow/goat milk. Goat milk is closer to human milk.

By law, it's illegal to sell raw milk products in the US (California may be an exception)

M

What they call milk today has about as much in common with the real thing as gasoline has in common with strawberries it once used to be. Yes, it was edible when it was strawberries, some six hundred million years ago. Yes, milk was an Indo-European staple for a bunch of thousand years. Then they started to produce it pharm-factory style, and it turned to poison. They shouldn't be calling it milk anymore, 'cause it isn't. I know what the real thing tastes like, and how it behaves... e.g., when left on the counter overnight, for two days, it sours into yummy "spontaneous yogurt," and then you heat it up slowly and get your wonderful cottage cheese. The "milk" one buys today doesn't ever sour -- it rots. Even the "raw" scam, which they import from New Zealand in powdered form and then dilute with water and sell as "raw organic milk" (I read an article where a Horizon Organics representative explained to the journalist that there's just not enough organic farmers and organic cows in the country to do it any other way. Duh. So then why do it at all? Oh... so they can charge four times more for the "raw organic" scam than for the "usual milk scam." In any event, it rots every bit as readily as the rest.)

I buy almond powder for almond milk (made in Taiwan) at an Asian store.

• Like 2

If people are lucky enough to be able to drink cow's milk, they might as well take advantage of it. :) As with many things, of course, it is only good from healthy animals, and taken in moderation. A lot of the problems surrounding milk consumption come from people who ignore these facts. :P

I buy raw milk and you can too: http://realmilk.org/ (click on where) but I think I do better without any milk (though raw is a million times better than the other junk.)

Yeah, I thought about getting it from a farmer or something, then decided against it. The cows are still required by law to be injected with all kinds of "vaccines" which permanently mess up their immune and endocrine system, and still are fed corn which mother nature never meant for these obligatory grass grazers to be able to digest properly, and the corn is still GM and heavily sprayed with toxic stuff. So they all have chronic endocrine disorders, chronic digestive tract diseases, and chronic udder inflammation resulting in pus in the milk (believe it or not there's legal guidelines on the books as to how much pus in the milk is acceptable), and so the mere fact that it's raw, when milk is coming from a chronically unwell cow, doesn't outweigh the overall poor nutritional value of the deal. Sadly, they don't mess up our food supply in one specific way (like pasteurization or some such), it's done in hundreds, thousands of ways... from the soil up and to the epidemic of never-quite-well, always-something-wrong-with-them populations globally.

The milk I buy is from grassfed cows, and as far as I know they are not injected with "vaccines."

Bashing good-quality, raw milk from healthy cows is needless. If you can digest it, it can be very good for you. Plenty of people are lactose-intolerant, some more than others.

Lots of traditional groups, including the Masai of East AFrica, and, up until recently, Swiss in the Loetschental Valley used raw milk, cheese, and butter in large amounts, and had excellent health. These groups prized particularly the spring butter/milk for it's health-giving properties.

Milk = disgusting. *gags* :lol:

If I truly have to, I go with soy. And I have read all the warnings about soy, but do not try to be concerned with it much. I do not really consume enough of it, really. And it has to be a thousand times better than that junk.

If you have ever been on farms where they are being pumped for milk, and bottle it up, the smell alone will deter you from it for life. It has a hint of fecal scent to it, mixed with many things that come to mind that I myself would never think about putting in my face ... :lol:

I was extremely lactose intollerant as a child and would get ill just smelling milk when I was 4 or so-which was also when I tried to be a vegetarian for the first time- after watching a morning TV show called Modern Farmer where the Chicago slaughter houses made it onto one mornings' TV fare. That go me off of meat for as long as I could hold out against my mom trying to force me to eat it.- The smell of frying bacon was what got me... & once I ate some my mom wouldn't let me go back...It was too big a hassle in the 1950's I guess- no Health food stores back then...Soy must have been very hard to find etc...

The last few years I drink some milk and like it a lot... or 1/2N1/2 - or cream with coffee in the Am...After not having it for so long it is a real treat for me now- I do think about the health questions, but after living through the excesses of the 60's & 70's I guess I'll manage to survive milk at this late date...

I have not purchased Milk or bread for........ well probably this millennium.

I was just noticing today with flooding here there is no milk available in the shops and was wondering what the "normals" were going to drink. I don't mind drinking milk but, like softdrinks, I rarely feel the need. Rather than not drinking it because of a health reason.

Although I would like to try real (raw) milk as I'm told its very tasty.

The proteins in milk are not compatible with the human digestive tract. Casein is one of the strongest natural glues out there. It is also a lie that milk is a good source of calcium. Drinking milk actually causes the body to LEACH calcium.

Edited by Bak Mei

Soya milk in our house. My lovely lady is Chinese and remembers her mum actually making soya milk from soya nuts. We've not done it yet but I'd be interested giving that a try.

Soy milk here.

Animal milk is poison for adult humans. Don't feel like to explain why. Long story, do a Google search. :D

Sign in to follow this