Sign in to follow this  
free2bekieranc

New Here... Kieran Addict...

I am a Buddhist and also working the 12 steps. I am finding many problems with the steps as they are not gelling with my Buddhist principles. I hope to find some help and wisdom here. The other places i have been online have been a little judgemental and like NA police ya know...

Hello. I would say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it.

Just remember, a second is just a second, a minute just a minute, a day just a day. Focus on being free of craving and need for just this moment. Hopefully soon the fight will get easier, then it will end. Then you're free to just let things flow naturally.

j..

• Like 1

Hi! I don´t pretend to be obtuse or aything.

As a quite knowable 12 step Progream,which I teach

at menthal healthe centrer, and as a Chen (Zen) adept,

I see them totally compaible.

The 8 fold path, the 12 steps...

keep touch to see how things are going,

cheers, foorprint

Edited by footprint

Hi there! I´m also a recovering addict. I don´t have so much experience with the 12 steps even tough I own the basic text and read in it sporadically.

Im new at this my self, both at being sober and live a spirituall life so I don´t really have any pointers to you sadly,but I do want to wish you a big Good Luck!

Bhuddism not gelling with the 12 steps?

My advice is to use bhuddism to calm and relax your mind. In one zen meditation book i've read, desires and thoughts that disturb one's mind during mediation can be described as waves that will slowly settle and give way to calm water as the mind lets go of thought.

Let the waves and ripples of desire and fear go, let the waves dissolve and a still surface form.

Basically, let your Bhuddism help you see through the illusion of desire, fear, even need (or what you think is need).

That's my humble opinion, hope it helps!

Sign in to follow this