Lindelani Mnisi

The meridians?

Learn to feel every part of your body - range your awareness through it...Look for areas where your awareness feels stifled or vague...also, learn to relax...tension restricts the energy flow around these areas, its like a tight knot. Relaxing opens up the potential for more energy flow.

If I remember correctly, Mantak Chia suggests starting with the Microcosmic Orbit, and focus on that until you complete the whole orbit and circle it down the Yin channel and up the Yang channel. As far as I am aware, the Yin channel is partially comprised of the Vagus nerve...I bring this up because it is easy to feel the Vagus nerve - it runs down the center of your chest - it is the nerve that feels 'shocked' when you almost get into a car accident or something scary. When you increase your awareness of the main channels, you later open up the smaller channels...start with bigs, then open smalls.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

I've found acupressure to be surprisingly simple, yet effective, for finding and releasing blockages.

For you, I might start palpating around your throat and your stomach meridian..

When you find a tender or painful spot that happens to be an acupoint, it likely means you have found a blockage there. You then have to keep acupressuring it until there's no longer pain. And unless it's in a fragile area, you can use some very heavy pressure too, btw..

The catch with qigong is that it works best with cleared meridians, but IMO may not be the most direct way to actually clear them.

• Like 2

I've found acupressure to be surprisingly simple, yet effective, for finding and releasing blockages.

For you, I might start palpating around your throat and your stomach meridian..

When you find a tender or painful spot that happens to be an acupoint, it likely means you have found a blockage there. You then have to keep acupressuring it until there's no longer pain. And unless it's in a fragile area, you can use some very heavy pressure too, btw..

The catch with qigong is that it works best with cleared meridians, but IMO may not be the most direct way to actually clear them.

that makes a good point, that one should learn the meridian channels - learn the points, etc. Then practice acupressure/trigger-point technique...see the meridians lie in the myofascia. Myofascia is a connective tissue that can contract and expand; it winds its way through every organ, and every muscle (which are organs too of course)...thus, when trigger points form (they are usually called 'knots'), the myofascia in a local area becomes contracted, and pulls on the web of myofascia surrounding it (see 'unwinding' technique in myofascial release therapy). So a trigger point in one area connects through the myofascia system to others, affecting organs/muscles, by pulling on the net. Interested in more about this? Let me know. I approach it from a more scientific view, although I have studied acupuncture points from a Thai massage perspective (they call meridian channels Sen lines - same thing).

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

Ughm I think I'd rather go get a professional accupuncture treatement then do it myself, I don't think I could stick myself with needles, plus my neck is sensitive, I just hate being touched on the neck, it get's me jumpy...thanks guys, I'll do meditations and the microcosmic orbit and such...which reminds me, whenever I do the microcosmic orbit, my chi won't go straight up my back, it alternates paths by the middle dantien and instead of going like a circle around me, it follows this '8' path.

Ughm I think I'd rather go get a professional accupuncture treatement then do it myself, I don't think I could stick myself with needles, plus my neck is sensitive, I just hate being touched on the neck, it get's me jumpy...thanks guys, I'll do meditations and the microcosmic orbit and such...which reminds me, whenever I do the microcosmic orbit, my chi won't go straight up my back, it alternates paths by the middle dantien and instead of going like a circle around me, it follows this '8' path.

You can't just do it in a day! Silly willy...takes years to open up and clear 'em...if you try hard...start small - grow BIG!!!!!!!!!!!

Cultivate stillness. Then when mind is reasonably still breathe into LDT and/or solar plexus gently. Nothing elaborate or urgent.

• Like 3

Cultivate stillness. Then when mind is reasonably still breathe into LDT and/or solar plexus gently. Nothing elaborate or urgent.

does LDT = Long distance training? Should I become a runner?

does LDT = Long distance training? Should I become a runner?

If you don't pay attention you will have to sit at the back with the other naughty boys.

• Like 2

If you don't pay attention you will have to sit at the back with the other naughty boys.

I like that...can we do it again?

• Like 1

If your neck region is sensitive and your "MCO" is rerouting itself before it gets there...then you might very possibly have a heavy blockage lodged in there. Which is actually what you'd want to focus on releasing (not keep avoiding)...

But do note that I suggested acupressure, and not acupuncture! Acupressure is much easier, safer and can be DIY!

Gerard - I've been wanting to experiment with moxa, myself. Have you tried it before?

My friend also recently expressed interest in learning the running qigong. She's a runner, but not quite ready (not nearly at all) for Michael's qigong/neigong/shengong system. So, she won't be mastering any running qigong soon.

"Link you"...how do you mean?

I'm being lazy! lol I can go look it up myself...I just wanted you to do the dirty work... :)

My friend also recently expressed interest in learning the running qigong. She's a runner, but not quite ready (not nearly at all) for Michael's qigong/neigong/shengong system. So, she won't be mastering any running qigong soon.

Does anybody ever run out of breath during the practice of "running qigong".....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Don't know much about my teacher's running qigong. But it looks like it is an advanced part of Michael's system. One would already have built a very strong LDT (which goes to say that one will have built a very integrated breathing practice).

Songtsan -- here's my teacher speaking about the running qigong of his system.

hmmm...still very mysterious...I will have to try it out and see

hey guys, somewhat related, I feel what I can only describe as an anxiety in the center of my hands and feet. Come to think of it, it feels like a foot and hand orgasm only that it doesn't stop so I find it really uncomfortable.

Would this be because the energy channels there are open or not open enough or closed?

Edited by teriyaki

hey guys, somewhat related, I feel what I can only describe as an anxiety in the center of my hands and feet. Come to think of it, it feels like a foot and hand orgasm only that it doesn't stop so I find it really uncomfortable.

Would this be because the energy channels there are open or not open enough or closed?

That sounds interesting - does it feel like heat energy too? - I have that...I am not sure that I would personally be stressed about having orgasmic feelings in my hands and feet, but each to his own. I think it may be Kundalini related, but don't quote me on it. Curious....does it reduce in severity if you were to elevate your hands or feet above your head? try it for a few minutes and see....

Another good way to clear the meridians, if no one has already mentioned it, is spontaneous movements (kriyas), either through ones own natural spontaneity, or through shakti's grace. It dissolves trapped muscle memories and frees the meridians of congested energies..normal movements keep meridians clean in the areas of the normal movements - but spontaneous movements make moves that are rare for the body, in different planes of motion, and can free congested energy to open up the channels again. Highly recommended.

• Like 1