Sign in to follow this  
yondaime109

I have an Awesome Idea!

What if instead of using subliminals to increase psychic powers, I use them for Inventing specific inventions?

Like "You will invent the hoverboard" "Your innovative mind now unlocks the secrets of the hover board" "You know how hoverboards works" "You have a clear understanding of hoverboards"

In theory, Your mind will start to come up with ideas and start picking up knowledge that could possibly be used for creating the hoverboard?

What do you think? The greatest minds in the world have came up with great ideas while in a relaxed state thus negating their cognitive filter.

Hi Yondaime :)

You know, I just have to say...

I am thoroughly against subliminals. It is a form of hypnotism. Not only are you relinquishing control of your lower self, but you are trusting that the person who has made the subliminal has the same same values, ethics and morals that you do. You never know what you are getting into.

Besides, what good is a subliminal? Why let something else gain control over your will? Isn't the main point of self-development to be the one in control? If you rely on some videos with hidden messages to give you courage or reprogram you subconscious, aren't you becoming a bystander instead of a doer? It's like saying "it's my dog, but I'll let you train it". And then later, the dog turns on you and bites you.. Chomp!

Discipline, will power, control, mindfulness, confidence, self-reliance... these are the things to strive for. Not, letting some mechanical sound track take control and muddle up the subconscious.

The reason that the intelligent people in the world were successful at culling things from their subconscious was because they could link the subconscious to their conscious, and pull those ideas back. Really, everyone has those ideas, it's just that they can't pull them into their consciousness.. They either don't know how, don't have the skill or discipline or have never done it, or don't realize that they can do it too. Imagination and visualization are key. Also, interest. If you are really interested in something, it will come easier, naturally.

Further, there are lessons to be learned along the path of good old effort, discipline and trial and error. Those lessons prepare the individual for any psychic powers or knowledge that might be gained. You just don't give someone a car and tell them to drive it. You have to teach them first. They have to learn the rules, how to do it, what the repercussions are if not driving properly.

Subliminals might make you believe that you jump in the car and drive it, but they don't give you the trial and errors, the learning experiences along the way, the confidence and trust in the teaching.. Subliminals are like telling someone that they can fly, and then telling them to jump off a cliff.

I can guarantee you that the greatest minds in the world didn't rely on hypnotists or subliminals to accomplish what they did.

There is one universal mind, one from which everyone can draw from. Yes, relaxation is part of the process, but so it focus, interest, imagination, visualization, discipline, effort, understanding and correct knowledge.

For fun, why don't spend some time looking at the down-side of subliminals. Sometimes it is very helpful to see both sides of the story. Then, you can decide..

Good luck.

:)

TI

• Like 1

Hi Yondaime :)

You know, I just have to say...

I am thoroughly against subliminals. It is a form of hypnotism. Not only are you relinquishing control of your lower self, but you are trusting that the person who has made the subliminal has the same same values, ethics and morals that you do. You never know what you are getting into.

Besides, what good is a subliminal? Why let something else gain control over your will? Isn't the main point of self-development to be the one in control? If you rely on some videos with hidden messages to give you courage or reprogram you subconscious, aren't you becoming a bystander instead of a doer? It's like saying "it's my dog, but I'll let you train it". And then later, the dog turns on you and bites you.. Chomp!

Discipline, will power, control, mindfulness, confidence, self-reliance... these are the things to strive for. Not, letting some mechanical sound track take control and muddle up the subconscious.

The reason that the intelligent people in the world were successful at culling things from their subconscious was because they could link the subconscious to their conscious, and pull those ideas back. Really, everyone has those ideas, it's just that they can't pull them into their consciousness.. They either don't know how, don't have the skill or discipline or have never done it, or don't realize that they can do it too. Imagination and visualization are key. Also, interest. If you are really interested in something, it will come easier, naturally.

Further, there are lessons to be learned along the path of good old effort, discipline and trial and error. Those lessons prepare the individual for any psychic powers or knowledge that might be gained. You just don't give someone a car and tell them to drive it. You have to teach them first. They have to learn the rules, how to do it, what the repercussions are if not driving properly.

Subliminals might make you believe that you jump in the car and drive it, but they don't give you the trial and errors, the learning experiences along the way, the confidence and trust in the teaching.. Subliminals are like telling someone that they can fly, and then telling them to jump off a cliff.

I can guarantee you that the greatest minds in the world didn't rely on hypnotists or subliminals to accomplish what they did.

There is one universal mind, one from which everyone can draw from. Yes, relaxation is part of the process, but so it focus, interest, imagination, visualization, discipline, effort, understanding and correct knowledge.

For fun, why don't spend some time looking at the down-side of subliminals. Sometimes it is very helpful to see both sides of the story. Then, you can decide..

Good luck.

TI

Thanks, But you do realize I'm making the subliminal videos for me, myself, and I? I understand how to to bridge the gap between your subconscious through the question sandwich, image streaming, and meditation. But, I don't feel like that'd be very helpful at my low-level of intellect.

Basically, I'm going to use them to organize the resources of my mind in order to direct them towards this goal. I have no idea how that's possible or if it'll work as intended. But I'm going to try anyway. No one's ever tried it before so this can be my own personal experiment. But, I don't see how I can possible fail.

Best case scenario is that I become a billionaire and find the secret to innovation.

Hi :)

Well, have a look at what you just said. You said to your lower self that you have a low level of intellect. What you repeat to yourself is actually programming your subconscious subliminally.

Maybe you could make an effort to continually watch what the voice inside your head is repeating to you and to others. We really do create our own reality.

Good luck

TI

Hi :)

Well, have a look at what you just said. You said to your lower self that you have a low level of intellect. What you repeat to yourself is actually programming your subconscious subliminally.

Maybe you could make an effort to continually watch what the voice inside your head is repeating to you and to others. We really do create our own reality.

Good luck

TI

Of course, I'm aware that my intellect is limited by my imagination. In fact, I'm using subliminals to increase it right now but the reason. I simply don't deem my intellect as an important factor in creating this invention it's just a program in my mind.

M2ioZco.jpg

What if instead of using subliminals to increase psychic powers, I use them for Inventing specific inventions?

Like "You will invent the hoverboard" "Your innovative mind now unlocks the secrets of the hover board" "You know how hoverboards works" "You have a clear understanding of hoverboards"

In theory, Your mind will start to come up with ideas and start picking up knowledge that could possibly be used for creating the hoverboard?

What do you think? The greatest minds in the world have came up with great ideas while in a relaxed state thus negating their cognitive filter.

• Like 1

How many people who believed they could fly didn't end up making a splat on the ground when they fell? If someone is hypnotised or crazy and thinks they're a chicken, they may cluck but they don't grow feathers and lay an egg.

If you want to make a hover board, learn physics. If you want to unlock the vast untapped capacity of your mind, do actual disciplined shamatha meditation practice as outlined in 'The Attention Revolution' by Alan Wallace.

It's confusing that you can't be bothered to do meditation (unless you've started since we last spoke, in which case well done), which utterly transforms your mind into a blissful lightning-fast glorious expanse, but you can be bothered to make a subliminal video which produces nothing but a little cognitive dissonance.

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 1

I don't know much about subliminals.

If you think subliminals is a good tool to help you meditate, you should explore its potentials while learning some meditation technique.

I don't think subliminals alone can take you all the way to achieve what you want.

• Like 1

How many people who believed they could fly didn't end up making a splat on the ground when they fell? If someone is hypnotised or crazy and thinks they're a chicken, they may cluck but they don't grow feathers and lay an egg.

If you want to make a hover board, learn physics. If you want to unlock the vast untapped capacity of your mind, do actual disciplined shamatha meditation practice as outlined in 'The Attention Revolution' by Alan Wallace.

It's confusing that you can't be bothered to do meditation (unless you've started since we last spoke, in which case well done), which utterly transforms your mind into a blissful lightning-fast glorious expanse, but you can be bothered to make a subliminal video which produces nothing but a little cognitive dissonance.

No, I'm not expecting the subliminals to do that. I'm not trying to manifest the hove rboard it's self but I'm trying to manifest 1000's, Perhaps billions, of small little opportunities and situations for me to be placed in consciously and subconsciously that will lead me to inventing the hover board. Such as, Subconsciously gathering information and knowledge I need through orthodox or unorthodox means, Insights from my dreams, Increased intelligence through an unusually rapid development of the connections between my dendrites and axons. It's these things that will lead me to inventing the hover board not the belief itself.

Believing you can fly and expecting to fly is definitely retarded. But don't ever disregard the power of belief because of that, There's way more to it than that. Once you're aware that your subconscious mind can support and help you achieve what you want then it's effect becomes 100x more powerful and profound. Through this constant inter-conscious feedback you, over a period of time, may develop a deep deep deep connection with your subconscious. I could meditate, But I don't have to nor do I want to.

Gee whiz, Many of the world's greatest idea's seem incredibly stupid and insane at first. Which is why only ones who can recognize it's true potential is the one who thought of it.

innovation and advances are always, maybe not always, but maybe 99% of the time met with ridicule and hostility,

yondaime, i have followed a few of your postings here with interest

creative people often have some form of ritual they go thru to help unlock the process

stick with it

• Like 2

The subconscious is powerful, but the fact remains that you won't just pull advanced knowledge of physics on a way above PhD level out of your mind unless that information is already in your mind somewhere, or perhaps through disciplined meditation you transform your mental functioning to the extent where you are above humanity.

You still have to be realistic and accept that for many things conscious effort is absolutely required, and that certainly applies to really advanced intellectual goals like discovering a way to create a hover board. I don't think you've realised just what would be involved in figuring out hover boards, if they are even possible.

What you're trying to do is learn how to make something of the right size and shape to stand on, that hovers with enough precision to travel standing on without needing to hold anything, but with decent pace and agility. The control mechanism alone would be a Nobel Prize feat of engineering.

As for the way thrust is achieved - without rockets, which would be unfeasible - that could either be through using dark energy to cancel out gravity; an Alcubierre Drive to warp the fabric of space; or something like monopoles to achieve magnetic lift, without needing metal rails on the ground under you.

All these ideas are highly theoretical. Merely in the process of designing this engine you would either: (dark energy) prove dark energy, and therefore be the most famous astrophysicist ever; (Alcubierre Drive) accidentally crack superluminal travel, allowing us to colonise the galaxy, and in the process figure out how to produce exotic matter easily, and go a long way towards time travel and wormhole generation; or (monopoles) prove string theory, and hence possibly unite quantum and Newtonian physics (which Hawking has dedicated his life to pretty much).

If you think subliminals will allow you to utterly revolutionise physics and advance humanity centuries ahead without even learning it to postgraduate level, then you think that subliminals alone will make you not just the next Newton or Einstein, but the most intelligent person ever to live by orders of magnitude.

Let's say truly believing it will happen can raise your intelligence to the required levels, and give you the required insights into physics despite you not studying physics and not developing your mind properly through meditation.

Subliminals wouldn't produce the required belief anyway, because all your experience when you aren't watching the subliminal tells you that you aren't hyper intelligent or a physics savant. Subliminals can't make you believe something that you know to be wrong. They can make you want to buy a product, but they can't make you believe the product is hovering in front of you unless there's something wrong with you, because you can see it isn't there.

So if you want to attempt to brainwash yourself, if you want to try to force yourself believe something contrary to logic and experience, if you enjoy cognitive dissonance and deluding yourself, go for it!

innovation and advances are always, maybe not always, but maybe 99% of the time met with ridicule and hostility,

yondaime, i have followed a few of your postings here with interest

creative people often have some form of ritual they go thru to help unlock the process

stick with it

Yes often creative people are met with great hostility when expressing ideas, especially from strict logical conformist types. Who tell you believe like I do, it is the real way, if you don't there is something wrong with you. Just ignore and create.

ironic, isnt it ? that speculative thought is what avoids the tedious, boring, mindless, covering of the same old worn out ground

and thus avoids the biased idealism inherent by such limited way of thinking, and it is the speculative thought that allows one to think in true concrete terms about how things work in the real world.

the "logical" thinkers dont recognize logic of what it truly is.

the "logicals" get lost in simple paradox and fail to understand how we can preserve and change simultaneously.

this is the effect of the self imposed limits they have artificially imposed upon themself.

for sure there is cause and effect.

a bit of synchronicity going on in a delightful way really

• Like 1

The subconscious is powerful, but the fact remains that you won't just pull advanced knowledge of physics on a way above PhD level out of your mind unless that information is already in your mind somewhere, or perhaps through disciplined meditation you transform your mental functioning to the extent where you are above humanity.

You still have to be realistic and accept that for many things conscious effort is absolutely required, and that certainly applies to really advanced intellectual goals like discovering a way to create a hover board. I don't think you've realised just what would be involved in figuring out hover boards, if they are even possible.

What you're trying to do is learn how to make something of the right size and shape to stand on, that hovers with enough precision to travel standing on without needing to hold anything, but with decent pace and agility. The control mechanism alone would be a Nobel Prize feat of engineering.

As for the way thrust is achieved - without rockets, which would be unfeasible - that could either be through using dark energy to cancel out gravity; an Alcubierre Drive to warp the fabric of space; or something like monopoles to achieve magnetic lift, without needing metal rails on the ground under you.

All these ideas are highly theoretical. Merely in the process of designing this engine you would either: (dark energy) prove dark energy, and therefore be the most famous astrophysicist ever; (Alcubierre Drive) accidentally crack superluminal travel, allowing us to colonise the galaxy, and in the process figure out how to produce exotic matter easily, and go a long way towards time travel and wormhole generation; or (monopoles) prove string theory, and hence possibly unite quantum and Newtonian physics (which Hawking has dedicated his life to pretty much).

If you think subliminals will allow you to utterly revolutionise physics and advance humanity centuries ahead without even learning it to postgraduate level, then you think that subliminals alone will make you not just the next Newton or Einstein, but the most intelligent person ever to live by orders of magnitude.

Let's say truly believing it will happen can raise your intelligence to the required levels, and give you the required insights into physics despite you not studying physics and not developing your mind properly through meditation.

Subliminals wouldn't produce the required belief anyway, because all your experience when you aren't watching the subliminal tells you that you aren't hyper intelligent or a physics savant. Subliminals can't make you believe something that you know to be wrong. They can make you want to buy a product, but they can't make you believe the product is hovering in front of you unless there's something wrong with you, because you can see it isn't there.

So if you want to attempt to brainwash yourself, if you want to try to force yourself believe something contrary to logic and experience, if you enjoy cognitive dissonance and deluding yourself, go for it!

That's not it, I'm trying to convince myself that I am capable of creating a hover board. I'm aware the fact that I'll require a great and deep understanding of physics in order to accomplish this, That's why I plan on using commands like "You understand how hover boards work", "You now begin to consciously and subconsciously perceive the secrets of the hover board", or "Knowledge needed for the creation of the hover board is coming to you in vast quantities". I'm not expecting for these to happen in any specific way, I guess I might end up getting the hunch to go to a library and coincidentally pick out various books that possess valuable pieces of information and knowledge necessary for the creation of such a device. Seeing as things like telepathy, Precognition, etc are possible I could possibly obtain the information through psychic means. Maybe I might have a run in with a quantum physicist. Who the hell knows?

It wouldn't be a damn delusion, Because I'm fully aware of the process going on in my mind and what I'm doing to it. I just programming mind Consciously and Subconsciously to succeed. If you consider believing that you will succeed just another meaningless delusion then take that poopy dribble somewhere else. Also, So what if I can't see if it isn't there. Once you are aware that you thoughts can become a reality then you can utilize the power of the sixth sense "Creative imagination" and visualize yourself riding the vision board as if you had and it was REALLY there. You 2-dimensional proto-plasmic amoeba....

ironic, isnt it ? that speculative thought is what avoids the tedious, boring, mindless, covering of the same old worn out ground

and thus avoids the biased idealism inherent by such limited way of thinking, and it is the speculative thought that allows one to think in true concrete terms about how things work in the real world.

the "logical" thinkers dont recognize logic of what it truly is.

the "logicals" get lost in simple paradox and fail to understand how we can preserve and change simultaneously.

this is the effect of the self imposed limits they have artificially imposed upon themself.

for sure there is cause and effect.

a bit of synchronicity going on in a delightful way really

Isnt that a bit judgemental ? to assume that logical thinkers are limited in creativity , or that illogical thinkers are more creative ? or that logical thinkers cant handle paradox ? tsk tsk tsk

While any of that, might or might not, be true of any individual ...

operating by those assumptions as a general paradigm is rather rigid thinking in itself , its stereotype.Tsk tsk tsk

it isnt anymore judgemental or stereotypical than happens, when someone steps forward with a creative or original idea

and gets bashed by the crowd. which is the usual course. i put "" around the word logical, becoz wtf does that mean anyway?

dont we all think we think logically?

Hi yondaime,

I was going to ask you. In your other post, here, http://thetaobums.com/topic/27781-im-making-kinesis-subliminal-videos-please-watch/?p=421327 Manitou asks you if you are the person in the video.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/27781-im-making-kinesis-subliminal-videos-please-watch/?p=421203

OMG. Is that you doing the exercises??

To which you reply:

Yep, It is.

That wasn't you, was it?

It didn't look like your picture when you posted your face on this forum.

Aren't you Jamil Tucker? I thought you said that you make the subliminals for yourself only. Why do you post them all over?

http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jamil_Tucker

Where do you get the video portions for your subliminals? Are you aware that taking someone else's videos and adding stuff on is still a breach of ethics and possibly copyrights?

Perhaps you should do a subliminal on "honesty".

:unsure:

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Hi yondaime,

I was going to ask you. In your other post, here, http://thetaobums.com/topic/27781-im-making-kinesis-subliminal-videos-please-watch/?p=421327 Manitou asks you if you are the person in the video.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/27781-im-making-kinesis-subliminal-videos-please-watch/?p=421203

To which you reply:

That wasn't you, was it?

It didn't look like your picture when you posted your face on this forum.

Aren't you Jamil Tucker? I thought you said that you make the subliminals for yourself only. Why do you post them all over?

http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jamil_Tucker

Where do you get the video portions for your subliminals? Are you aware that taking someone else's videos and adding stuff on is still a breach of ethics and possibly copyrights?

Congratulations, You figured out how to click on the links I placed in the descriptions of every damn I video I posted on you tube.

Anyway, I never lied about jack poop. I said I originally planned on making these things for myself until I realized that I'm too mentally unstable to possess any psychic powers and would just end up using them to do something I regret. Then I realized I could just share these videos with the world and see if they'd even work at all. Turns out they did. So get your facts straight you 2-colored rainbow.

But what the hell does that have to do with this subject?

Edited by yondaime109

I was going to ask you. In your other post, here, http://thetaobums.com/topic/27781-im-making-kinesis-subliminal-videos-please-watch/?p=

Haha what does your crappy wappy ad hominem argument have to do this thread? So what if I take small segments from videos sprawled across youtube. I'm not using them for my own personal gain, They aren't even necessary I just don't want the viewer of my videos to be bored as hell when watching my videos. I want my videos to be different from all the other subliminals on youtube....Their crappy piano....and pictures of happy people throwing their arms in the air....It's too conventional I tells ya....

That doesn't matter now, Because most of the visuals I post in my vids are licensed by creative commons. I don't really see how shows a lack of "honesty" on my part. I'm not sure if that's the appropriate to describe what I lack.

What I like in the OP is the lack of limitations/creativity, which it would be great if the world had more of

Although I think Tibetan Ice and Seeker of the self have an issue to do with that ayp forum and their dislike of mantra so fair enough.........

Heres a piece of art I made/channelled...seems to be on the subject of limitations.

Some of the phrases written

20130629_064758.jpg

Why limit yourself?

haha limits

Hahah obstacles hahaha

limitations are childish

Limitations are not natural

Limit your limitations

What a silly limitation, WHy limit yourself?

Limit your limitations

Limits are diseases

Limits are illnesses

I like your stuff yondaime, I would love a hoverboard lol,

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

I don't lack creativity or imagination - I do origami and like writing fiction, I'm always imagining stuff. I just also use logic! If we only accept logical thought, we stagnate. If we only accept imagination, we don't live grounded in reality.

There ARE limitations. We all have great untapped potential, but if you believe that you are omnipotent, teleport here to see me. If you can't... that's a limitation you have!

I've presented reasonable arguments against an unrealistic appraisal of the power of subliminals. The response has been hysterical ad hominems, and accusations of being an unimaginative creature limited to logic alone.

It's one thing to bash on creative thinking, and another to point out when it strays beyond reality into Narnia. Would it be bashing creativity to tell someone that it isn't possible to travel to the moon by drawing a circle in bat blood on the ground during the full moon, pissing on your shoes, and throwing them onto a bonfire in the middle of the circle while singing Iron Maiden's 'The Number of the Beast' in Swahili?

TI and I have a problem with AYP because it's a mistaken practice which at best leads to a limited level of progress (neither of us like limitations!), and has caused serious problems for many people.

I don't have an issue with mantras, in fact I have chanted the Zhunti mantra for some time. But that is a real mantra, not an AYP concoction, and I don't use it with mindless dull repetition lacking any concentration to enter a dull trance-like state as in AYP.

I won't debate the hover board thing any more because I see no point. If you wish to discuss the issues TI and I have with AYP, or are curious, see http://thetaobums.com/topic/25632-a-review-of-ayp-from-an-ex-practitioner/. The first post is quite long, but it covers all the important points.

I don't lack creativity or imagination - I do origami and like writing fiction, I'm always imagining stuff. I just also use logic! If we only accept logical thought, we stagnate. If we only accept imagination, we don't live grounded in reality.

Hmmm, ok cool, lol, forgive me I just relate to the OP. Deleting weakness connecting to pain of xyz

There ARE limitations. We all have great untapped potential, but if you believe that you are omnipotent, teleport here to see me. If you can't... that's a limitation you have!

Well teleportation is a siddhi...but yes perhaps your right...perhaps lol

I've presented reasonable arguments against an unrealistic appraisal of the power of subliminals. The response has been hysterical ad hominems, and accusations of being an unimaginative creature limited to logic alone.

Ok fair enough, but I think you may have understandably misinterpreted.. I didnt say you were limited to logic alone, although I will admit I tend to stereotype logical people as lacking creativity and bashing on it..Deleting weakness

It's one thing to bash on creative thinking, and another to point out when it strays beyond reality into Narnia. Would it be bashing creativity to tell someone that it isn't possible to travel to the moon by drawing a circle in bat blood on the ground during the full moon, pissing on your shoes, and throwing them onto a bonfire in the middle of the circle while singing Iron Maiden's 'The Number of the Beast' in Swahili?

TI and I have a problem with AYP because it's a mistaken practice which at best leads to a limited level of progress (neither of us like limitations!), and has caused serious problems for many people.

I don't have an issue with mantras, in fact I have chanted the Zhunti mantra for some time. But that is a real mantra, not an AYP concoction, and I don't use it with mindless dull repetition lacking any concentration to enter a dull trance-like state as in AYP.

No I have no issue with that I just understand from your point of view how a thread on subliminals may cause you to react.. I read your post briefly

I won't debate the hover board thing any more because I see no point. If you wish to discuss the issues TI and I have with AYP, or are curious, see http://thetaobums.com/topic/25632-a-review-of-ayp-from-an-ex-practitioner/. The first post is quite long, but it covers all the important points.

Edited by skydog

I love your 'deleting weakness'. That's a really great attitude for someone to have. LOL I have plenty to delete myself. :D

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this