mousie

Help bringing energy down

So for many years I have been doing a head centered meditation via teacher (Aziz Kristof). Perhaps I was overzealous as I often practiced for many hours a day and attended many retreats. I was working with an individual who had a crown chakra opening and he told me that I should strive to open mine. Well, I did, via visualization of the energy moving from the base up to and above the head.

Then in one instant my world was flipped up on side of its head. It's been 19 months of hell and the energies have subsided. The awakening has left me in a state of depersonalization and I am humbly pleading with members of this community with some help or insight.

Meditation, for the most part, pushes me further into samadhi and I become more and more depersonalized. I tried facing it and going into it many times, but it left me crippled to the point where I could barely walk.

Reiki, EFT, Tai Chi, Acupuncture all seem to exacerbate the symptoms. Anything that encourages stillness/trance tends to totally un-ground me. Often I feel like I'm half conscious, half awake, half sleeping. It is very easy for me to fall into trance.

Anything that increases energy seems to make matters worse. It's almost like the energy is not circulating through my body normally but instead moving up and out due to years of visualizaing up and out. Is there a was to re-pattern this energy?

I've met with a fair share of "half-baked" teachers who were all too eager to help but ultimately either did nothing or made things worse.

My internet searching has found many individuals suffering from a similar condition hence I believe that it must be somewhat common(especially in the East and in Monastic communities) but why does NOBODY seem to know the biology of the this experience of depersonalization as it relates to meditation?

If anybody knows of some sort of practice that would help my condition, I would be very grateful if you would share. A practice that de-crystalizes energy in the head space of forces energy downwards without increasing overall energy. If anybody knows of any teachers/individuals who might be of assistance, would you please provide me with that information. It's gotten to the point where I don't even care so much if I have to travel to the top of the Himalayas to get relief. My life has become almost unbearable.

I humbly ask you all for your guidance on this matter if you feel you can be of help.

Get B.K. Frantzis' "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body," read it, and do the practices.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will check that out.

What teachers have you been to see?

Where do you live?

I live in the Chicago area. Do you mean what teachers gave I been to see since the onset of this condition or previously?

In the last 19 months, besides what I memtioned, I have been to many different shamanic healers, done remote sessions with George Boyd of mudrashram and a few others on the web, several energy clearing sessions, seen a local Sant Mat master named Sant Rajinder Singh. Have also worked with some folks who are recovered from Depersonalization disorder.

I have some experience with depersonalization disorder, I spent a few years on a dpselfhelp forum and trying different things looking for answers, in my experience just about everyone recovers eventually, the most common story was that people would in the end just give up looking for answers and just try get on with their lives and it went away on its own. The anxious struggle to get rid of it perpetuates it it seems , so when you accept it you relax enough for it to go away. The body is a self regulating self healing organism so sometimes the best thing to do is to just get yourself out of the way.

But each person is different so maybe a technique will help you, Sloppy has mentioned the BK Frantzis Water Method which may help, in my experience with that the softer and lighter you do it the more powerful it is, if I did it with the intention to try and really shift things it could make things worse.

Another method is the Duck Egg Soma method of Zen Master Hakuin who meditated too much and got a lot of his energy stuck in his head so he had to seek out a Taoist healer who taught him the simple Duck egg meditation to move it down which led to his recovery.

For me I found most of the methods I tried would only provide temporary relief as I was always doing them with the wrong intention of anxiously trying to fix myself so often they just made things worse.

Things which did help were installing simple good habits, one high level Qigong healer on this site called Michael Lomax recommended that I just walk bare feet every morning on the morning dew, which helps, then regularly go for walks in nature. Doing physical things like housework or gardening gets you into your body and out of your head. Challenging your beliefs and thoughts around not just the issue but everything else too can help a lot and the method of Byron Katie I found to be the most efficient at doing that. There are other meditations I could pm you too.

Are you breathing naturally from your tantien or higher up in your chest or throat?

Lightly place your attention on your tan tien and your breath will follow.

Don't focus on your breath or follow your breath - breathe naturally - let it happen.

After some time this will become natural and you will be more grounded.

Eventually one breathes this way 24/7

Go outside. Find the most large deeply rooted tree that you can and every day sit beneath it and breathe for as long as you can. Try not to focus on moving the energy yourself but ask the spirit of the tree to assist you. By simply sitting near the tree or against it and breathing it will root you. Also id recommend my post a little further down the list from this one about having no yin in case if it is something more sinister.

I would contact Ken Cohen if I were you, mousie.

He is an energy healer. He lives in the mountains by Boulder. He has a lifetime of practice, a mature seasoned knowledgeable practitioner who has written books and runs a school and taken part in scientific testing for energy healers and come out with flying colours.

Max Christensen would be able to help you also. He is in Oregon, his website is Primordial Alchemist.

Mantak Chia would be able to help you also, he has a history of helping energetic inbalances, too.

Check out these people and see which resonates with you personally. All of them are effective and experienced.

Thank you so much for the referrals.

So for many years I have been doing a head centered meditation via teacher (Aziz Kristof). Perhaps I was overzealous as I often practiced for many hours a day and attended many retreats. I was working with an individual who had a crown chakra opening and he told me that I should strive to open mine. Well, I did, via visualization of the energy moving from the base up to and above the head.

Great, you succeeded, you know what is possible. No go back and start from the bottom and build slowly, you need a solid foundation.

Meditation for me is to deepen and solidify the state of being in a "blissful magnetic field". Sit on a chair or on a stone in nature and sink into the spirit and kind of bliss come and deep relaxation.. Try focus lightly on the "field of energy", without artificial effort. I usually don't sit in any formal position, but I have come to understand, trough this forum, that the fullotus is very efficient (I never tried this).

(However when I meditate formally I usually focus too tight since it is too static (no movement) so it will not be with the attitude of "not being mindful about it, but also not being mindless about it". That attitude come naturally when I relax informal, or walk, or sit in front of computer and write like when I am writing this message.. And that is like the hen that hatches the egg...)

Before I opened my pathways full, and the MACO, I did a lot of intricate meditation practices, visualizations, moving inner visualized balls, etc., and it had a good effect on preparing the pathways. But now I feel that this kind of practices for me would just be wrong since they already made their job.

Just to sum it up.. the solution is not always what we think, however a good idea could also be what Kat says.. seek up some renowned energy-healers, let them scan your energy field and hear their opinions. I once did with a good result.

Edited by Jonas