Sign in to follow this  
Chang

How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World a handbook for personal liberty by Harry Browne.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Found-Freedom-Unfree-World/dp/0380004232/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372232930&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+be+free+in+an+unfree+world

Anyone who is interested in the idea's of Ayn Rand will enjoy this book which explores very much her philosophy of rational self interest.

Clearly written in a simple and straightforward manner it explores and identifies the false beliefs with which we are programmed and shows clearly how we are better able to live in a state of intelligent selfishness.

Recommended.

I only heard about this book, but the author is libertarian and the book is about how to practice a sense of freedom in an unfree world.

For those who in the know, there are similarities between Ayn Rand as well as libertarians.

I'll create this analogy: although Taoism and Buddhism are Eastern Religions [philosophy if you will], there's major differences - at least that's my impression.

I believe that's also the extent that Ayn Rand is different from libertarianism, especially the anarcho-capitalist Rothbardian kind.

to give you an example: Ayn Rand actually advocated right-wing offensive intervention of states just like the American invasion of Iraq, and she doesn't care of collateral damage, blaming the oppressive regimes for deaths of innocent civilians.

In contrast, no self-respecting libertarian will follow this policy, never was, and never will be.

Nonetheless, I find some value in many of Ayn Rand's ideas, but don't take all of hem seriously. Otherwise, you won't be here in this forum, for she'll call you a mystic and incapable of rational thought.

Jusy my $0.02

• Like 2

I only heard about this book, but the author is libertarian and the book is about how to practice a sense of freedom in an unfree world.

For those who in the know, there are similarities between Ayn Rand as well as libertarians.

I'll create this analogy: although Taoism and Buddhism are Eastern Religions [philosophy if you will], there's major differences - at least that's my impression.

I believe that's also the extent that Ayn Rand is different from libertarianism, especially the anarcho-capitalist Rothbardian kind.

to give you an example: Ayn Rand actually advocated right-wing offensive intervention of states just like the American invasion of Iraq, and she doesn't care of collateral damage, blaming the oppressive regimes for deaths of innocent civilians.

In contrast, no self-respecting libertarian will follow this policy, never was, and never will be.

Nonetheless, I find some value in many of Ayn Rand's ideas, but don't take all of hem seriously. Otherwise, you won't be here in this forum, for she'll call you a mystic and incapable of rational thought.

Jusy my $0.02

Don't worry. I will take what is of value and leave the rest.

Sign in to follow this