According to the book "Pendulum Power" dowsing was known pretty much everywhere in ancient times,

including China. The Pendulum vs. Rods seems to be a more recent tool.

I just found a nice hematite pendulum to work with. I wasn't satisfied with the wooden one I had been using

before. I am also re-reading the above mentioned book. It is quite comprehensive and has a bibliography of

almost 4 pages so if you are looking for more info it might be useful to you.

Hi there Matt !! Sorry about the late reply, but my Taobum e-mail notices go to an addy which I only visit a

couple times a month; so I lost track of this thread. The book recommendation is appreciated; I'll check it out

and the link too. Btw, where did you get your new pendulum? Is there a website for it? I'd like to take a look.

Happy dowsing, bro'! B)

I was taught the best pendulum is wood painted black hung from string.

All the various stones, metals etc cause interference - have their own vibrations.

Hi there mYTHmAKER ~ You make an interesting observation there, for sure, but I'll have to look into it some

more. I have noticed similar claims made online, in a few places, but I also know that some of the world's top

dowsers use metal pendulums; like Raymon Grace, for example, who uses a real bullet on the end of a chain.

And the Ta Chuan (Great Treatise) on the I Ching recommends the use of Yarrow Stalks for divination but the

ancients also used metal pennies with great success. The same principle should apply to dowsing, I'm inclined

to think, but I will try both types of pendulums. Is there a website with the kind of pendulum you've described?

With regard to Feng Shui, I must admit I have not paid much attention to that art, but Taomeow's descriptions

of it are compelling, to say the least, and are attracting me to it. I'm beginning to recognize the great practical

value of it.

At any rate, I just came upon an interesting video clip of someone I've never heard about before, until now.

Take a look, when you have a few minutes, and tell me how you think it's done: Brown's Kung Fu Punch

I know the above Brown video clip was a bit of a tangent, from the topic of dowsing, but since we were sort of

indirectly discussing Tai Chi too, I thought I'd just throw it into the mix as well. Anyway, what I meant was do

you think he's projecting chi there, or merely using the power of hypnosis and illusion? Personally, I don't think

the student is a plant, faking the reactions, since it was the kung-fu Master who selected him for the demo; but,

I admit, it's a difficult call, for sure.

Hi there mYTHmAKER ~ You make an interesting observation there, for sure, but I'll have to look into it some

more. I have noticed similar claims made online, in a few places, but I also know that some of the world's top

dowsers use metal pendulums; like Raymon Grace, for example, who uses a real bullet on the end of a chain.

And the Ta Chuan (Great Treatise) on the I Ching recommends the use of Yarrow Stalks for divination but the

ancients also used metal pennies with great success. The same principle should apply to dowsing, I'm inclined

to think, but I will try both types of pendulums. Is there a website with the kind of pendulum you've described?

My teacher was taught by a frenchman who was supposedly very knowledgeable.

She passed on what he taught her to me.

They are both no longer physically with us.

I don't think the same principles would apply to dowsing and the I Ching.

A pendulum is reading energies and the energies of other materials could interfere

with the readings.

The idea of wood is that it is inert.

In order to use a pendulum one has to be really centered and clear.

It is very easy to influence the outcome.

Try different kinds - they might work for you.

Why are you putting words in my mouth.

Am not. You quoted my feng shui entry in its entirety and responded to that, didn't you? This looked for every purpose like a standard forum way to juxtapose approaches. Was it not?

Why so defensive.

Not even a question mark, huh? U sure I'm "defensive?" I prefer to call my attitude "informed and opinionated." Here's why: if there's anyone or anything I was defending, it's Chinese culture, the art and science of feng shui in particular, and taoist practices in general. This doesn't make me "defensive," since the meaning of the word, aside from being only usable either in a professional psychotherapeutic setting or in a passive-aggressive attack, is not "defending what you respect when someone fails or refuses to see its merits" at all.

Fu sheng wu liang tianzun. (May you be blessed without measure by the countless taoist deities.)

Edited by Taomeow

Taomeow

My understanding of this misunderstanding

mYTHmAKER

When I am centered and steady where ever I am is the best spot.

Speaking from my experience

Taomeow

Nice. So... classic feng shui is six thousand years of useless pursuits by the uncentered and the unsteady?

I think you thought I was belittleing feng shui which I was not doing.

mYTHmAKER

Not at all. The uncentered and unsteady need all the help they can get.

I meant those who are uncentered and unsteady obvious to me that doesn't include taoist masters.

I don't think the same principles would apply to dowsing and the I Ching.

A pendulum is reading energies and the energies of other materials could interfere

with the readings. The idea of wood is that it is inert.

Just curious, but what exactly do you imagine the Yarrow Stalks and coins are doing?

The Hexagram they form is a reading of the energies at work in present time. While

the term "reading" works, the term "manifests" is perhaps a slightly better one, imo.

In order to use a pendulum one has to be really centered and clear.

It is very easy to influence the outcome.

Again, is this not also true of I Ching divination? When one consults the Changes,

both will and intellect must be properly centered, and the emotions both calm and

harmonious; so as to concentrate and focus one's intent, and maximize receptivity.

Just curious, but what exactly do you imagine the Yarrow Stalks and coins are doing?

The Hexagram they form is a reading of the energies at work in present time. While

the term "reading" works, the term "manifests" is perhaps a slightly better one, imo.

Again, is this not also true of I Ching divination? When one consults the Changes,

both will and intellect must be properly centered, and the emotions both calm and

harmonious; so as to concentrate and focus one's intent, and maximize receptivity.

I have no idea how the I Ching works or why they chose to use yarrow stalks.

Would love for someone who thinks they know to tell us why.

For me using a pendulum to test, read energies or heal is a more direct experience.

The I Ching more abstract.

One can consult the I Ching and not be able to understand the meaning. Time may pass with

meditation to truly understand what is being conveyed.

I am able to use a pendulum but find the I Ching not as easy to use.

Hi there Matt !! Sorry about the late reply, but my Taobum e-mail notices go to an addy which I only visit a

couple times a month; so I lost track of this thread. The book recommendation is appreciated; I'll check it out

and the link too. Btw, where did you get your new pendulum? Is there a website for it? I'd like to take a look.

Happy dowsing, bro'! B)

No problem at all Yen Hui. Um, here is a pic of what it looks like (minus the wood handle - and assuming I correctly posted the pic). I got it at a spiritual store in my town. I think there is one left there if you are interested in it. I am sure you can find them around where you are hopefully. As with crystals, I have found that the pendulum found me after I put it out to the universe that I was interested in another one that I could work with better.

Best,

Matt

post-18-1177466212_thumb.jpg

Well, the Illustrious Ancestors have already explained it for us, in the two tracts entitled 1) Discussion of

the Trigrams and 2) The Great Treatise; so I have copied below what I consider to be the most relevant sections in regard to the question at hand. However, since this makes for a very lengthy post, my own remarks on these passages will have to be post-poned to a subsequent post.

Shou Kua / Discussion of the Trigrams

/quote]

Sorry but what I meant when I said I didn't understand how the I Ching works

I was referring to it's mystery. How it works is beyond any explanation. It blows

my mind as to how they were able to assign the various aspects of life situations

to the lines.

Binary language predates human existance.

What relationship can we draw between dowsing and feng shui? (since 2 pages of this thread have managed to steer completely around the obvious...)

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Um, here is a pic of what it looks like (minus the wood handle - and assuming I correctly posted the pic). I got

it at a spiritual store in my town. I think there is one left there if you are interested in it. I am sure you can

find them around where you are hopefully. As with crystals, I have found that the pendulum found me after I

put it out to the universe that I was interested in another one that I could work with better.

Hey, Matt, thanks! That pendulum's cool! It has a strong attraction. I'm not sure where to get them around

here, in town, but there has to be some place, I'm sure. Among the one's I've checked out online, though, I

would rate your's among the better of them. I'll pm you for the retailer's details, i.e. name and number, etc.

Yen

Hey, Matt, thanks! That pendulum's cool! It has a strong attraction. I'm not sure where to get them around

here, in town, but there has to be some place, I'm sure. Among the one's I've checked out online, though, I

would rate your's among the better of them. I'll pm you for the retailer's details, i.e. name and number, etc.

Yen

These guys are meant to be good for pendulums/tools and info: http://www.diviningmind.com/

These guys are meant to be good for pendulums/tools and info: http://www.diviningmind.com/

Thanks freeform. Those pendulums look awesome too, but the price seems kind of steep to me, for something

that may not function any better than something only half their price. But I must admit I'm kind of tempted,

but probably won't try them out 'til I get some experience with a few of the cheaper entry level models.

Hey MythMaker are those made out of Jet?

Wooden balls painted black.

One with a silk cord the other cotton.

Home made - Very pricey. :lol:

Hello to All Taoists and Taoist Friends ~

I'm presently looking into the art of divination dowsing, and was wondering if there's a Taoist tradition of

dowsing to divine things. Any related info would be appreciated. Thanks! ~ Yen Hui

I have been involved with I-Ching divination since the early 1980's, and do this professionally for some of my clients. But, I have been doing pendullum work for a much longer period of about 30 years. Both have advantages for specific needs the other cannot supply. For example, the I-Ching cannot draw up from my subconscious a specufic numerical sequence of a combination lock I forgot, but the pendullum can help me there. My first experience with this was in fact of that nature. I had purchased a bike lock for my son, locked it, and three years later couldn't find the card with the numbers. And my son wanted his bike. Because I had gone through the combination at least once, it was still stored somehwere in my subconscious. Here's the thing though, the lock had six wheels, each with six digits. The first time around, using the pendulum and posing the right question to my subconscious, I was able to bring up the correct sequesce and open the lock first time around. I also use it to determine the polarity energy fields of Yin and Yang in my body and that of clients in my holistic healing work. I have also applied it to inform me when I have locked in to someone else's energy pattern when I need to do distance healing work on them. I wrote about one of those cases in a thread I began of this forum.

There is an art to both systems, and like I said, they are both useful for different reasons. And not until one has a reason to apply one or both, will one know how involved and specialized they can be, and their effectiveness.

Ayudar

I have been involved with I-Ching divination since the early 1980's, and do this professionally for some of my

clients. But, I have been doing pendullum work for a much longer period of about 30 years ... I also use it to

determine the polarity energy fields of Yin and Yang in my body and that of clients in my holistic healing work.

I have also applied it to inform me when I have locked in to someone else's energy pattern when I need to

do distance healing work on them. I wrote about one of those cases in a thread I began of this forum.

Hi there Ayudar ~

Thanks for a very interesting post! I am curious about how, or from whom you happened to learn the art of

dowsing in regard to remote healing. Are you able to recommend any books or courses on that subject? Btw,

can you also post the link for the post on the remote healing case you've referred to? I'm also curious about

which is your perferred version of the I Ching. Are you acquainted with The Medical I Ching? Thanks again.

Hi there Ayudar,

Thanks for a very interesting post! I am curious about how, or from whom you happened to learn the art of dowsing in regard to remote healing. Are you able to recommend any books or courses on that subject? Btw, can you also post the link for the post on the remote healing case you've referred to? I'm also curious about which is your perferred version of the I Ching.

Hello Yen Hui,

I began pendulum dowsing on my own because I undestood the principles of how the mind, subconscious, and intuitive faculties operate; all of which I derived from thousands of hours of combined study and research in psychology, metaphysics, Graphology analysis, Dream Interpretation, I-Ching analysis, research and experiments, and many many other areas of study and work. By the way, my favorite I-Ching Manual is also the work of Richard Wilhelm--I-Ching Book of Changes. back in the 1970's, I also learned a method of developing a hexagram for eveluating omens. I lost that book but fortunately kept notes on the method.

Focusing on pendilum dowsing studies. I read every book I could find, especially the old ones. The British have a long history in this practice and their books are very meticulous with details, especially on Radiathesia and Water Dowsing. I subscribed to The American Dowsing Association in the early 1990's solely to receive their bimonthly magazine and pickup different tips and read their articles.

Professionals dowsers give a great deal of attention to certain technical aspects of what they do, and often differs from what another dowser does. This might confuse beginners. The basics, however, applies to everyone. From this point, the best thing to do is discover what works best for you by creating experiments of your own. Example: When I began, I had my wife put water in one of three cups and cover them with a plate while I sat in another room waiting for her to say, "Ready." Using my pendulum, my task was to find the one cup containing water. But even before this test, I held my pendulum over a bowl of water to guage the reaction of my pendulum along with my intuitive feeling. I conducted another test two out of three cups of water; this time salt was added to one of them. My task, lock in on the water containing salt. I was successful in both cases and was able to repeat the test. Then I moved to finding object under the cups, their size, and type material. From there, I applied my own visualization technque in relation to locating people and tapping in on their health issues, which I learned from the Silva Method in the late1970's (they are still around and their course is reasonably priced-includes remote viewing for healing work), and then applied my own pendulum method for health analysis and distance healing.

One draws info from one's subconscious library of stored information. The more one understands about how the subconscious mind works, the better. If the mind has already been exposed to something, anything, there is information about it stored away there. This is why the subconscious creates so many colorful combinations of creative activity and images in dreams that we'd all love to have access to on a conscious level.

The main thing to learn from pendulum books: cueing in on the thinking process behind the authors mind, and why they develop particular methods for tapping into life's energy vibrations in all areas. Hence, since everything is energy and vibration, you become the primary tool; the pendulum is only an extension of youself which reacts to the focus of your attention.

Once you know the basics of using a pendulum and the commonly used charts, and trust your own intuitive process, then, create you can begin creating your own charts for whatever purpose you wish. For health analysis, make use of existing anatomy charts. I use a quartz crystal pendulum I put together for health work to determine deficiencies, health level vibration of chakras and organs, for distance healing work, or to determine if what I have done is working or not. For anything else, I use a different pendulum. Using a specific pendulum for a specific reason conditions one's subscocious to focus on a specific purpose.

The books I own are no longer in publication. But you can check the list of books offered by the American Dowsing Association and The Bristish Dowsing Organization (the latter offers online courses).

[b[Topics to reseach online:[/b] Radiasthesia, Pendulum as it relates to health and to Chakras, and to water dowsing--because the body is 80% water.

Must read: "The Field" by L. McTaggart; "The Hidden Message of Water" by M. Emoto; "Limitless Mind" by Targ (Remote Viewing). These are still on the market.

Are you acquainted with The Medical I Ching?

I recall seeing this title a while back, but the book store didn't carry it. It was considered a special order, and I don't generally order books unless I know what the Table of Content contains to see if there is something new for me in it or not. bacause of my background experience and training as a naturopath, oriental healing art of acupressure--which involves knowledge of acupincture meridians, and Reiki, Reflexology, herbalogy and homeopathy, I understand natural healing in relation to nature and have been fairly successful with health issues of clients, which began by healing myself over 30 years ago. More often than not, prodicing healing is simpler than orthodox methods makes it out to be. We just live in time and age in which people have been conditioned to believe that complicated methods have the best solutions. While the truth is that it only complicates things even more so down the line.

Apparently you have already read The Medical I Ching. Please do relate something of what you learned from it and what it contains, and something about the author.

The other link you requested about the recent case I worked on applying "distance healing," I can't find it in the Taoist Disscusion section. It was the only topic I have posted thus far. If you could find it based on "Ayudar," let me know. Update on that case, I was informed yesterday that the patient at the hospital is alive and well, and communicating when he was not expected to live. If you cannot find it either, let me know and I will see if I still have a copy of it on my system and email it to you privately.

Other source of info:

http://emeraldinnovations.co.uk/radionic/P..._to/how_to.html

http://www.journey-to-self.com/pendulum%20...Exploration.htm

http://www.byregion.net/articles-healers/Pendulum_Power.html

http://www.diviningmind.com/dowsing-instru...CFQYMZQodTmrGHg

http://www.lightparty.com/Health/Radionics.html

Good commnicating with you Yen Hui,

Ayudar

• Like 1

The other link you requested about the recent case I worked on applying "distance healing," I can't find it in

the Taoist Disscusion section. It was the only topic I have posted thus far. If you could find it based on

"Ayudar," let me know. Update on that case, I was informed yesterday that the patient at the hospital is

alive and well, and communicating when he was not expected to live. If you cannot find it either, let me know

and I will see if I still have a copy of it on my system and email it to you privately.

Hello Ayudar ~

Many kind thanks for another very informative and helpful post. There is much within it that I wish to chat with

you about, but time does not permit today. It's great to hear about the successful result of your remote work

on the patient in the hospital. I look forward to learning much from you in this regard. I hope you stick around

as you certainly have much to contribute, without question! I've just read through all your Taobum posts and

was unable to locate the one in question. If you still have a copy of it on your hard-drive, please pm it to me.

Warm regards,

Yen Hui

Hello Ayudar ~

Many kind thanks for another very informative and helpful post. There is much within it that I wish to chat with

you about, but time does not permit today. It's great to hear about the successful result of your remote work

on the patient in the hospital. I look forward to learning much from you in this regard. I hope you stick around

as you certainly have much to contribute, without question! I've just read through all your Taobum posts and

was unable to locate the one in question. If you still have a copy of it on your hard-drive, please pm it to me.

Warm regards,

Yen Hui

I still had the info in my system and will email to you shortly.

Ayudar

I began pendulum dowsing on my own because I understood the principles of how the mind, subconscious,

and intuitive faculties operate ...

Hi there Ayudar ~

Many apologies for the long delay in replying to your very helpful post. While I have only recently discovered

the art of dowsing, I ultimately took up I Ching divination for the same reason, more-or-less, why you took up

dowsing; that is, because I acquired some degree of understanding concerning the mysterious operations of

the subconscious mind; in part through my early study of Book 2 of Wilhelm's I Ching, his Lectures on the I

Ching, and to some extent Carl Jung's writings. The ancient writings of both Taoist and Confucian sages also

deeply moved me toward the art of I Ching divination, but in the end, I would say the greatest influence was

from Book Two itself, of Wilhelm's I Ching.

For the sake of the newcomers, though, who have not yet taken up the study of that particular text, and for

the sake of zeroing in a little closer on some of the quotes in Post #32, I have selected a number of the more

important or relevant ones to re-post here below:-

We are shown here how the individual can attain mastery over fate by means of the Book of Changes. Its

principles contain the categories of all that is--literally, the molds and the scope of all transformations. These

categories are in the mind of man; everything, all that happens and everything that undergoes transformation,

must obey the laws prescribed by the mind of man. Not until these categories become operative do things

become things.

The Book of Changes is in harmony with tao and its power (natural law and moral law). Therefore it can lay

down the rules of what is right for each person. The ultimate meaning of the work--fate, the world as it is, how

it has come to be so through creative decisions (ming)--can be apprehended by going down to the ultimate

sources in the world of outer experience and of inner experience.

Here the psychological basis of the oracle is described. The person consulting the oracle formulates his

problem precisely in words and regardless of whether it concerns something distant or near, secret or

profound, he receives--as though it were and echo--the appropriate oracle, which enables him to know the

future. This rests on the assumption that the conscious and the supraconscious enter into relationship. The

conscious process stops with the formulation of the question. The unconscious process begins with the division

of the yarrow stalks, and when we compare the result of this division with the text of the book, we obtain the

oracle.

In this explanation of the nine in the fourth place in Hexagram 31, Hsien, INFLUENCE (Bk. III), a theory of the

power of the unconscious is given. Conscious influences are always merely limited ones, because they are

brought about by intention. Nature knows no intentions; this is why everything in nature is so great. It is owing

to the underlying unity of nature that all it's thousand ways lead to a goal so perfect that is seems to have

been planned beforehand down to the last detail.

In the two succeeding sections the same thought is applied to man who, through supreme concentration, so

intensifies and strengthens his inner being that mysterious autonomous currents of power emanate from him:

thus the effects he creates proceed from his unconscious and mysteriously affect the unconscious in others,

attaining such breadth and depth of influence that they transcend the individual sphere and enter the realm of

cosmic phenomena.

Because these wise men knew equally well the laws of the universe and what was needful to man, they

invented the use of the oracle stalks--"these divine things"--in order thus to answer the needs of men. And so

they concentrated their thoughts in holy meditation for the purpose of attaining the necessary power and

fullness of being. Therefore the understanding of the Book of Changes calls for a similar concentration and

meditation.

With the help of the fundamental principles of the Book of Changes it is possible to arrive at a complete

realization of man's innate capacities. This unfolding rests on the fact that man has innate capacities that

resemble heaven and earth, that he is a microcosm. Now, since the laws of heaven and earth are reproduced

in the Book of Changes, man is provided with the means of shaping his own nature, so that his inborn

potentialities for good can be completely realized. In this process two factors are to be taken into account:

wisdom and action, or intellect and will. If intellect and will are correctly centered, the emotional life takes on

harmony.

Not to needlessly belabour the apparently obvious, but perhaps it might help some of the newcomers (reading

along) if I make a few observations on the above, beginning with Quote #7, which is critical to mastering the

art of I Ching divination. At the close of Part Two of The Treatise, we are told very clearly, in no uncertain terms,

that only the right person will receive intelligible replies from the Oracle. Thus, it is incumbent upon all those

who sincerely wish to master the art of I Ching divination to understand what it means to become "the right

person".

Now, according to the above, Quote #7, the Oracle is a divine tool to assist us in completely realizing our

innate capacities. So, first-off, this must be the attitude in which we approach the Oracle. If it is'nt, then we

disqualify ourselves from receiving what is termed, in the I Ching itself, as "an intelligible answer", as in the

following:-

The Great Treatise: Part 2 - Chapter 8:-

4. First take up the words,

Ponder their meaning,

Then the fixed rules reveal themselves.

But if you are not the right man,

The meaning will not manifest itself to you.

"In half rhythmic and half rhymed prose, we are here admonished to study the Book of Changes diligently.

It is pointed out with praise that continuous change is the rule of the book. In conclusion, attention is called

to the fact that an innate capacity is essential to an understanding of the book, otherwise it will remain

locked as if with seven seals. If the person consulting the oracle is not in contact with tao, he does not receive

an intelligible answer, since it would be of no avail."

Secondly, a state of emotional clarity is required, achieved through effecting a state of central harmony, or a

correctly centered intellect and will, through the practice of deep concentration and meditation, as intimated in

Quote #6, above. This is the way of making contact with the Tao, that is to say, spiritually tuning into It, with

our intuitive mind. In Quote #5, it says that supreme concentration causes a mysterious force to emanate

outwardly, from within our deepest centre, which stimulates the yarrow stalks, coins, or pendulum, causing

them to manifest our innate wisdom mind. But without emotional clarity, we cannot unlock the revealed

mysteries. Quote #1 informs us that the divining tools obey or operate according to the laws prescribed by the

mind of man, outwardly manifesting the categories (or universal archetypes of the unconscious) which have

been activated within its deepest centre, or universal core. Assuming we have effected central harmony, and

are in contact with Tao, the Universal Way, then the Oracle speaks. According to Quote #2, the Oracle reaches

down into the ultimate source of our inner world and experience, that is, into the unconscious realm. Quote #3

and #4 confirm this; intimating that the Oracle is a means of uniting the conscious and supraconscious aspects

of the mind. This relationship is symbolized in the structure of the hexagram itself, in which the inner world is

symbolized by the lower trigram, and the outer world by the upper trigram. According to Quote #3, the reply

we receive from the Oracle - if we fulfill the necessary conditions - is a kind of divine echo emanating from

the unconscious realm. According to Quote #4, fate, or the world of conscious experience, as it is, is ultimately

shaped by the power of the unconscious mind.

As I say, Ayudar, I share this for the sake of the "newcomers", as it is obvious that you, personally, are in no

need of such pointers. But what you have shared has stimulated you me to share the above with the others. I

hope you don't mind. Now, while the art of dowsing is clearly unique, in its own particular way(s), as you have

kindly and eloquently pointed out for us, it is clear that the role played out by the subconscious in both arts, is

more-or-less identical, and entirely central to their ultimate effectiveness.

... ; all of which I derived from thousands of hours of combined study and research in psychology,

metaphysics, Graphology analysis, Dream Interpretation ...

Please forgive my slight deviation here, but since you have intimated your training in dream interpretation, I

would like to share with you a recent dream of mine, which I had just a few nights ago. I don't normally recall

my dreams, but the other night I seemed to have a fairly lucid (though very short) dream just before I awoke

for work. I was present at some sort of indoor meet or gathering, and I was observing a series of secret hand-

shakes and arm movements being exchanged between two society members. They then asked me some

questions, and it seems they were probing my interest in joining their society.

I replied that I did not know enough about them yet to make a truly informed decision, and that I'd like to

research a little more. When I asked about the name of their founder and their historical origins, it seemed as

though the room suddenly grew silent. Then, with apparent reluctance, (it seemed,) they gave some a name

and a few details to check into. The last word they spoke, that I recall hearing before awakening, was the

word "Bogomils". I had no conscious recollection of either what that meant or where it would lead. I

immediately went to my computer and did a quick Web search.

Lo and behold, I discovered it belonged to a medieval French society known as the Cathars, which was heavily

persecuted by the Catholic Church and forced underground. I have'nt had the time to engage in any detailed

research, but it seems as though they were persecuted for their belief in some form of cosmic dualism. The

whole dream strikes me as very odd, since I 've not seen, read, or listened to anything recently, that I have

any conscious recall of, related to the "Bogomils". And yet that term was fixed in my mind, as clear as day,

upon awakening from that dream. Very, very odd, I must say!

... I-Ching analysis, research and experiments, and many many other areas of study and work. By the way,

my favorite I-Ching Manual is also the work of Richard Wilhelm--I-Ching Book of Changes. back in the 1970's,

I also learned a method of developing a hexagram for eveluating omens. I lost that book but fortunately kept

notes on the method.

I have owned several different versions of the I Ching, most of which I developed deep respect for, but

Wilhelm's managed to remain my favorite, despite its few obvious flaws. I am eager to hear the details about

your "method of developing a hexagram for evaluating omens," but perhaps it's a good idea to reserve that

discussion for a thread dedicated entirely to I Ching studies and applications. Sure glad to hear, though,

you kept good notes on it! ;)

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST, DUE TO FORMATTING DIFFUCULTIES ...

Edited by Yen Hui

PART TWO:-

Focusing on pendilum dowsing studies. I read every book I could find, especially the old ones. The

British have a long history in this practice and their books are very meticulous with details, especially on

Radiathesia and Water Dowsing. I subscribed to The American Dowsing Association in the early 1990's solely

to receive their bimonthly magazine and pickup different tips and read their articles. Professionals dowsers

give a great deal of attention to certain technical aspects of what they do, and often differs from what another

dowser does. This might confuse beginners.

Speaking of professional dowsers, I recently ordered Paul Smith's DVD Dowsing Course. It has'nt arrived

yet, and certainly was'nt cheap, by any stretch of the imagination, so I sure hope it does'nt disappoint. If it's

merely a problem of being just too advanced for me, that's ok, as I know that's only a temporary situation!

The basics, however, applies to everyone. From this point, the best thing to do is discover what works best for

you by creating experiments of your own. Example: When I began, I had my wife put water in one of

three cups and cover them with a plate while I sat in another room waiting for her to say, "Ready." Using my

pendulum, my task was to find the one cup containing water. But even before this test, I held my pendulum

over a bowl of water to guage the reaction of my pendulum along with my intuitive feeling. I conducted

another test two out of three cups of water; this time salt was added to one of them. My task, lock in on the

water containing salt. I was successful in both cases and was able to repeat the test. Then I moved to finding

object under the cups, their size, and type material. From there, I applied my own visualization technque in

relation to locating people and tapping in on their health issues, which I learned from the Silva Method

in the late 1970's (they are still around and their course is reasonably priced-includes remote viewing for

healing work), and then applied my own pendulum method for health analysis and distance healing.

The Silva Method sounds very interesting, and I've heard good things about it from someone else, too, so

I'll check into it. I will definitely create my own practical training exercises, but the ones you describe above

don't sound too shabby at all, to be honest; so I might try them as well. They are very creative, and I like

that! ;) Just out of curiosity, do you remember what kind of pendulum you used in those experiments?

One draws info from one's subconscious library of stored information. The more one understands about how

the subconscious mind works, the better. If the mind has already been exposed to something, anything, there

is information about it stored away there. This is why the subconscious creates so many colorful combinations

of creative activity and images in dreams that we'd all love to have access to on a conscious level.

As I say, Ayudar, I don't have too many dreams, at least that I remember, but in late November 2006, I had

another peculiar dream, very short in length, but clear as day, of a little toddler, maybe 2 or 3 years of age,

with a wide-open mouth. And with its mouth fixed in a wide-open position, for whatever reason, I watched an

abnormally large Bumble-Bee fly inside the mouth and refuse to fly back out; thus, I was forced to stick my

fingers inside the toddler's mouth to retrieve the bug by hand. Strange, huh! Well, it baffled me for awhile,

and still does to some extent, but about a month later, the thought came to me that the toddler symbolized

my own inner child, and that my fingers inside the mouth were my own efforts to remove the internal bugs

from my own internal system or hard-drive, before I'm stung to death by them. Is my interpretation close,

do you think?

The main thing to learn from pendulum books: cueing in on the thinking process behind the authors

mind, and why they develop particular methods for tapping into life's energy vibrations in all areas. Hence,

since everything is energy and vibration, you become the primary tool; the pendulum is only an extension of

youself which reacts to the focus of your attention.

Becoming "the primary tool" kind of sounds a little like what Spectrum was saying on pg 1 of this thread, about

his whole body being a dowsing rod. It makes good sense, actually! I'll keep that in mind. By "tapping into

life's energy vibrations in all areas," I take it you mean all areas of life, whether in spirit, soul, or body. While

that is my intent, for sure, I confess that my first and initial attraction to it was its practical application in

physical healing; but I quickly realized its true potential was really wholistic in nature, as you point out. Master

Dowser Raymon Grace, for example, uses the art to expell unwanted entities, which he denotes as "low class

spooks", something like the entity you have described in one of your patient cases, though I must admit that

your description really made that entity appear more "inhuman" and far more sinister, indeed!

Once you know the basics of using a pendulum and the commonly used charts, and trust your own intuitive

process, then, create you can begin creating your own charts for whatever purpose you wish. For health

analysis, make use of existing anatomy charts. I use a quartz crystal pendulum I put together for health work

to determine deficiencies, health level vibration of chakras and organs, for distance healing work, or to

determine if what I have done is working or not. For anything else, I use a different pendulum. Using a

specific pendulum for a specific reason conditions one's subscocious to focus on a specific purpose.

I have a couple dowsing charts, but I'm not yet sure if they're the ones most "commonly used". Is there any

particular place online (that you might know of) which carries a good selection of charts? I like the idea about

the anatomy chart(s). I had'nt thought about that. The idea about having different pendulums for different

applications also makes good sense, I feel. Regarding how to select the right pendulum, though, one of the

links you provided below gives the following advice on that:-

"To find a pendulum you resonate with, pick one up with your dominate hand (the one you write with) place

it over your non-dominate hand and wait for some movement. The movement can be back and forth or

circular. When first starting to use a pendulum the movement may be very small or slow. As you practice and

work with it the movement will increase."

By the way it sounds, it seems as if it is unwise to purchase a pendulum without first trying out the above

resonance exercise with it. Does that sound "kosher" to you, so-to-speak? If yes, then that would seem to rule

out Internet purchases; and I was just beginning to warm-up to the Isis model :) but am now reluctant to put

out good money for anything that I cannot run the above resonance experiment on first. Is there a book out

there, you think, of pendulum designs, for the do-it-yourself dowser who'd like to experiment with making his

own pendulums, etc? I would expect, though, to learn about this from the Association you've recommended.

The books I own are no longer in publication. But you can check the list of books offered by the American

Dowsing Association and The Bristish Dowsing Organization (the latter offers online courses).

Topics to reseach online: Radiasthesia, Pendulum as it relates to health and to Chakras, and to water

dowsing--because the body is 80% water.

Must read: "The Field" by L. McTaggart; "The Hidden Message of Water" by M. Emoto; "Limitless Mind"

by Targ (Remote Viewing). These are still on the market. I recall seeing this title a while back ...

Those are some great book recommendations, Ayudar! Thanks for the tips. I have a recorded interview of

Lynn McTaggart in which she discusses both her book on The Field and her newest book on The Science

of Intention. I've owned a couple of Targ's books in the past, but not his Limitless Mind. I have never

owned anything by Emoto, but have heard great things about him, so I'm certain I'll eventually acquire all 3

of your recommendations. Many kind thanks for them! :)

... my background experience and training as a naturopath, oriental healing art of acupressure--which involves

knowledge of acupincture meridians, and Reiki, Reflexology, herbalogy and homeopathy, I understand natural

healing in relation to nature and have been fairly successful with health issues of clients, which began by

healing myself over 30 years ago. More often than not, prodicing healing is simpler than orthodox methods

makes it out to be. We just live in time and age in which people have been conditioned to believe that

complicated methods have the best solutions. While the truth is that it only complicates things even more so

down the line.

That's some seriously impressive resume, honestly! :) Wish it was my own! Maybe someday. ;) Btw, just out

of curiosity, have you heard anything about the "new" cutting edge Program called Matrix Energetics? It is a

system largely based upon the principles of quantum physics. Dr. Fred Alan Wolf exerted a great influence

upon Dr. Bartlett, the founder of ME. Incidentally, Dr. Bartlett agrees fully with your assessment of "orthodox

methods" of healing; and describes himself as most "unorthodox" in his approach to the healing art(s).

Apparently you have already read The Medical I Ching. Please do relate something of what you learned from it

and what it contains, and something about the author.

Sorry to disappoint, but actually I have not yet read the Medical I Ching, but have had my eye on it for some time

now; along with 18 Buddha Hands Qigong - A Medical I Ching Exploration, and The Yijing Medical

Qigong System, each of which I plan to acquire. I was just hoping to "luck-out" as they say, and get some

insight on the book from a properly trained Naturopath, with training in multiple other disciplines as well.

All of the above links were very helpful. Many thanks for posting them, and for all your recommendations!

In regard to formatting links, it took me a little while to figure it out, but here are some examples for you,

just in case the thought has ever crossed your own mind:-

Example 1: text? [/size ] [/url ]

Example 2: [i ]text? [/i ] [/size ] [/url ]

Example 3: [b ] text? [/b ] [/size ] [/url ]

Example 4: [b ] [i ] text? [/i ] [/b ] [/size ] [/url ]

One thing, though, be sure to remove all the gaps, except in the text message spot where you see the

'text?', or it won't work right. I had to leave gaps there for you to see what was happening. In closing,

though, I'd like to add two more links to the above list, which strike me as beneficial for the beginning

dowser:-

01 - A Letter to Robin: A Mini-Course in Pendulum Dowsing

02 - A

Well, Ayudar, once again I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to posting a more complete reply to

your excellent post. Thanks again for your kind consideration in taking the time to reply at length to my

queries.

In the spirit of the Tao,

Yen Hui

Edited by Yen Hui

"To find a pendulum you resonate with, pick one up with your dominate hand (the one you write with) place

it over your non-dominate hand and wait for some movement. The movement can be back and forth or

circular. When first starting to use a pendulum the movement may be very small or slow. As you practice and

work with it the movement will increase."

By the way it sounds, it seems as if it is unwise to purchase a pendulum without first trying out the above

resonance exercise with it. Does that sound "kosher" to you, so-to-speak? If yes, then that would seem to rule

out Internet purchases; and I was just beginning to warm-up to the Isis model :) but am now reluctant to put

out good money for anything that I cannot run the above resonance experiment on first. Is there a book out

there, you think, of pendulum designs, for the do-it-yourself dowser who'd like to experiment with making his

own pendulums, etc?

There is no real special formula for selecting a pendulum. They put things in books to give readers a guideline to start from. Once you become proficient, however, you find that you no longer follow any guideline of that nature. I find that it is best to chose something based on the energy you feel witing yourself when you are looking at an object you may want to use as a pendulum. I went to Michael's Art Supply store, puchase some jewelry making materials and glue, and now, whenever I need to make a pendulum it only costs me pannies. Some of my pendulums are stones that attract my attention when their colors resonate with me. I look at them for a while and register what I feel. If I walk away from it and it is still on my find, calling me back to it, I buy it and use it.

As for the bee in the mouth dream that had to be brought out. This was indication that you needed to express something emotionally at the time and needed to get it out, but eventually managed to get it out--that was a good end--meaning you did manage to find an expression for what you wanted to say. The Toddler was you, meaning that it was time to open up and release a past pattern that wasn't working for you anymore as a man. At one time in my life, my early twenties, I was an emotionally inhibited individual due to my upbringing and very strict father. I had a dream that a parakeet was in my mouth and I couldn't get it out--see the message in that. What does a parakeet do? Where is it stuck?

You mentioned interest in a Shamanism book elsewhere. One of the important areas of focus to a Shama is "dream life" and "dreaming." Learn what you can about dream interpretation because it goes hand-in-hand with all things spiritual. It is your most intensive and personal library of stored information and knowledge, but also a relay station for spirit communication. here, what comes to you from other energis is where that infomation is also stored for your future understanding.

Ayudar