Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

MA Masters

That guy is awesome, have you trained with him smile?

No, I haven't. From my personal experience, a lot of so called Chi masters fail when they do it with "outsiders".

For instance, Kiai Master Ryukerin didn't do well when was challenged by some young karate guy (watch the whole video

) A lot of it is based on group or self-hypnosis. Watch this report as well

Ma Yu Liang from what i understand is the real deal.

No, I haven't. From my personal experience, a lot of so called Chi masters fail when they do it with "outsiders".

For instance, Kiai Master Ryukerin didn't do well when was challenged by some young karate guy (watch the whole video

) A lot of it is based on group or self-hypnosis. Watch this report as well

Ma Yu Liang from what i understand is the real deal.

<a href="

target="_blank"></a>

another Japanese Kiai guy

Yeah I've trained and tested guys who can't do it with "outsiders" (ie. me) who actively resist them. That dude Ma Yu Liang has awesome structure or something going on there though. I'd love to train with him one day.

That dude Ma Yu Liang has awesome structure or something going on there though. I'd love to train with him one day.

You might get your wish when you join him and the rest of the immortals :lol:

Edited by mYTHmAKER

From my personal experience, a lot of so called Chi masters fail when they do it with "outsiders". For instance,

Kiai Master Ryukerin didn't do well when was challenged by some young karate guy (watch the whole video

)

While I understand what you're saying, I'm of the opinion the case with Kiai Master Ryukerin is not that "cut

and dry," as the saying goes. There's much more to it than meets the eye, I feel. Upon doing a quick online

search, I came up with the juicy "tid-bit" below, regarding his 'official' MAA win/loss stats (follow the live link

on the first line of it):-

"The Aikido Master, Kiai Master Ryukerin has a 200-0 wins MMA/Vale Tudo, and that he bets

5 grand he can beat any MMA fighter. The beginning of this video has them signing the contracts. The

opponent (Youger Guy) is a Karate Black Belt, and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Purple Belt."

The dude was literally undefeated in 200 'official' fights. Now, look at that clip again, that you posted. Does the

way he conducted himself in that match look like the skill of an "undefeated" Grandmaster with 200 'official'

wins under his belt? The way it appears to me, it looks like he broke all the rules; so either he was drugged,

unknowingly, before the match, or he intentionally threw the match, for whatever reasons. No Grandmaster

with his undefeated track record and ki power goes down that easy. No way in hell! But that's just my opinion,

fwiw. ~ Yen

Edited by Yen Hui

I don't buy the ki master demos. I have trained with some of the best Aikido people in the world and none of them do any of that nonsense. Even O'Sensei didn't just rely on shooting imaginary qi shots from across the room. Ime not saying that sort of thing doesn't develop at a very, very high level but I havent seen it yet. The Fajin that I have seen is basically easily described scientifically. Just the natural force of a totally integrated,rooted body. Deep connection from the earth,through the center and out the arms.

I think even Wang Zhiang Zhai preferred to explain internal power scientifically over in qi terms didn't he?

Well, all Aikido students must admit ki like that developes at the highest level of achievement, or else be guilty

by default of implying their own founder,

, was a pretender who duped the masses. Even if you are'nt

prepared to admit ki projection on that level, yet the Aikido student must admit the reality of ki, and its ability

to be highly developed. If you admit that, then I cannot see how it's possible to deny the superior ki power of

a true Grandmaster, beyond that of a lower ranking karate Black-Belt holder. Even with advanced age against

the Aikido Grandmaster, I think he should have stood up far better in a challenge match like that.

While I understand what you're saying, I'm of the opinion the case with Kiai Master Ryukerin is not that "cut

and dry," as the saying goes. There's much more to it than meets the eye, I feel... Does the way he conducted himself in that match look like the skill of an "undefeated" Grandmaster with 200 'official' wins under his belt? The way it appears to me, it looks like he broke all the rules; so either he was drugged, unknowingly, before the match, or he intentionally threw the match, for whatever reasons. No Grandmaster with his undefeated track record and ki power goes down that easy. No way in hell! But that's just my opinion, fwiw. ~ Yen

Who knows... but the fact remains that he lost without putting much of a fight. As Cameron said, I haven't met anyone yet who posesses this kind of skill. My taiji teacher does this sort of demonstrations but I doubt he can do the same on the "outsider".

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to meet somone who really has that level. If you beleive what BK Frantzis says, O'Sensei had it..but none of his students had it..so he went to China to find people like O'Sensei. And he says he met people like that Master Liu.

Now, my Aikido teacher and Shing Yi teacher are both very powerful and if you attack them your going down but there isn't any of this shooting qi from across the room stuff.

But if I ever meet anyone like that I'll be sure to write a post about it on Taobums :)

Everyone has this power. The the "problem". The reason "outsiders" are hard to influence is that they didn't buy into a convention of internal power. Their buying into a materialistic world view is just as potent and magical as internal power world view.

Only the person at the very highest level of development (basically not a person at all at this stage, as there is no attachment to any personality) has total influence over anything, because such person is completely beyond convention. BUT.... here is a big but. Who can meet such a person? Not someone who cannot see something beyond convention. It doesn't mean that person beyond convention can be defeated by someone who is stuck in some convention. It just means that whoever is stuck in convention will witness results appropriate to their world view. The other being -- same thing. So you can have a situation where everyone wins from their own point of view and everyone loses from some external point of view.

And hypnosis is much the same power. That does not make it less valid or more valid.

If you see the latest dynamic hypnotic inductions, they are wild, just like those tai chi demos. A hypnotist takes an arm of a person and just drops it straight down in a certain way and the other person is hypnotized. It's very fast and doesn't rely on many words. :)

It's all the same power. A scientist is using the power of mind to validate a substantialist appearance. Someone else can use the power of mind to invalidate it. From the absolute point of view (if we can even say such a thing), none of those are inherently right or wrong or closer or further to reality.

If you can understand this, there is really no contradiction and no need to compete and test yourself so much, unless you really want to establish yourself within convention. If you can accept that all points of view are provisional, then you can just relax and dream whatever you want, even if it's "wrong" or "insane" from some point of view.

The only time I've gone down from a no-touch hit or throw was when I was trying to avoid getting slammed by a real hit and slipped.

So Ma Yu Liang has passed on? Damn, may be next time. :D

I studied with someone who had this ability. He never trained me in it. here's the story:

He said "grab my arm". he had done some funny qigong stuff right before this, I guess to focus the power or pump it up, or something. I had no idea that he could do this, or what was supposed to happen.

So, I tried to grab his arm. I get within about 6 inches of his arm, but then....Blammo! The next thing I know, I'm flying through the air. I land on my back, screaming and holding my stomach. He never touched me.

It was not pleasant. he never repeated the demonstration. According to him, there are plenty of people in China whose abilities make this look like child's play, both "good" guys and "bad" guys.

My old teacher Sensei Eley had amazing fudoshin. He'd do the tricks of having a 8 or 9 people press against him while he sat or stood. Even several standing on one foot, or pressing perpendicularly against a raised bokken. He had one example where he'd pick up the middle of a jo (wooden staff) w/ one finger and have two people try to force him back by pushing against it.

He loved touchless throws, but they were a combination of 'connecting' to the attacker and self preservation. IE if you didn't go down, you'd be hit by his oncoming hand. That hand held the force of his body, it wouldn't move, you would. We, his student would fall touchlessly, others like some Judo players would be knocked senseless.

He also had that Aikido calm down pat. He'd place two attackers, strangers w/ martial art experience, in one case I recall both karate brown belts, one in front, one behind and have them attack how they wanted, when they wanted. I assume any one w/ decades of training could defend themselves in that situation, but could they do w/ such perfect calm?

Aikido Master Saotome was also phenomenal not just for his moves, but his calm, his wah, his presence. I've seen films of Satome facing a freestyle 3 man knife randori, relaxed and seemingly happy facing multiple blade and continuous blade attacks. (Also had the honor of attending a knife seminar w/ him) I'm not saying these guys are the end all, be all fighters, but their calm power, before during and after an attack was inspiring.

Michael

Sign in to follow this