It's funny, a few days ago I overheard one of the top sales people in my company (a woman) complain about her boyfriend. He's a well educated, well off guy in a professional career, and she said that she just... gets her way all the time. She asks for something and he gets it. She asks him to help out around the house and he just does.

It's kind of funny, but I (and many others) have noted that when you give women what they say they want (a nice guy who listens and helps out), they don't want it anymore, and then they hold it against you for giving it to them.

I think the trick is just stand your ground. Own it. Let the harpies harp.

Sean Connery had it right. "You said it's okay to hit women!"

"Yeah."

Don't backpedal.

Usual caveats and things apply. Not all guys are nice, not all gals are mean. Et cetera.

• Like 2

Sean Connery had it right. "You said it's okay to hit women!"

"Yeah."

Don't backpedal.

Exactly. He passed that shit test, perfectly.

Barbara Walters thought she had him, that he was going to emotionally flinch, back pedal a little bit, and she'd feel like she really got one up on him. When he didn't, and remained stone cold and unflinching, owning it while looking her dead in the face, I bet even as old as she was her panties got immediately wet.

It isn't even about what the argument was, or who is right or who is wrong, she wanted to make him stumble a bit and he didn't react to it.

Edited by Immortal4life

It's funny, a few days ago I overheard one of the top sales people in my company (a woman) complain about her boyfriend. He's a well educated, well off guy in a professional career, and she said that she just... gets her way all the time. She asks for something and he gets it. She asks him to help out around the house and he just does.

It's kind of funny, but I (and many others) have noted that when you give women what they say they want (a nice guy who listens and helps out), they don't want it anymore, and then they hold it against you for giving it to them.

I think the trick is just stand your ground. Own it. Let the harpies harp.

That is so common. I think every guy probably experiences losing a hot girl he especially liked, because he was too nice, at some point in his life. It's a double stab in the back because he thought he should be nice to the girl he likes the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4zSRkBMPng

IM4L,

What is your problem? You keep posting the same old blather and now approving of this; Sean Connery had it right. "You said it's okay to hit women!" It is not OK to hit a woman!!!

Don't be disingenuous, I never said anything about supporting what Sean Connery said. I never said I agreed with anything in the video. I certainly never siad it is ok to hit women.

What I said, was only in regards to how he responded to Barbara Walters testing and challenging him.

Edited by Immortal4life

Don't be disingenuous, I never said anything about supporting what Sean Connery said. I never said I agreed with anything in the video. I certainly never siad it is ok to hit women.

What I said, was only in regards to how he responded to Barbara Walters testing and challenging him.

You participated and didn't speak out against it. Why not?

What kind of life would it be to nitpick throughout every segment of a video watched for entertainment? I discussed the aspect I wanted to discuss, not whether I agree or disagree with the content. The video is hilarious in the extremes men will go to in rationalizing their failure to get laid or win attractive mates, but also sad because there is such hidden truth in it and it is reality for a lot of men, as we see on this forum all the time.

Edited by Immortal4life

How about we just cut right through the bullshit and say it isn't okay to hit anyone?

i'm all for equality, and this "its fine for a woman to hit a man because she isn't as strong" crap is just that - CRAP.

my dad is getting out of an abusive relationship right now where HE was the victim, so i think i know what i am talking about because i have lived with it for almost two decades.

• Like 4

Yeah in the video in the OP, it shows many examples on film where women started hitting men in public, and then other men, i.e. white knights, came to "save" her and start beating the guy up even more.

Edited by Immortal4life

Yeah in the video in the OP, it shows many examples on film where women started hitting men in public, and then other men, i.e. white knights, came to "save" her and start beating the guy up even more.

what do you know, i said something relevant to the videos without even watching them. heh...

Due to the Pill (being pissed back into the water supply by most American women), plastics and many, many other xenoestrogens, etc:

Researchers from Massachusetts found that the average man’s testosterone (not just older men) has dropped 22% in the last 20 years, and that one out of every four men has below average testosterone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejSq-_NzAps

Edited by vortex

The drop in testosterone probably has less to do with chemicals and more to do with a change in attitude. We have become a less "macho" society and as a result we don't produce as much testosterone. Also these drops aren't found in children or adolescents, but in adult males, which leads me to believe that it's a natural occurrence.

I get a kick out these kinds of posts though, because I think they expose a sort of latent and acceptable misogyny that is prevalent in society. As a gay man I feel every bit as much a man without the need to bash women or demean them in order to do so. I would also recommend that you not judge a book by it's cover, I've known more than one transgender male that was an avid martial artist. In the end your masculinity isn't defined by society, but by your own self image. I've yet to meet a boy who thinks he's not a boy because of these kinds of posts. Apparently somewhere along the way we stop realizing that we're men because we have penises, and start to believe that a man is defined some other way. That seems to be something the individual needs to deal with, rather than blame women for it.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

The drop in testosterone probably has less to do with chemicals and more to do with a change in attitude. We have become a less "macho" society and as a result we don't produce as much testosterone. Also these drops aren't found in children or adolescents, but in adult males, which leads me to believe that it's a natural occurrence.

I get a kick out these kinds of posts though, because I think they expose a sort of latent and acceptable misogyny that is prevalent in society. As a gay man I feel every bit as much a man without the need to bash women or demean them in order to do so. I would also recommend that you not judge a book by it's cover, I've known more than one transgender male that was an avid martial artist. In the end your masculinity isn't defined by society, but by your own self image. I've yet to meet a boy who thinks he's not a boy because of these kinds of posts. Apparently somewhere along the way we stop realizing that we're men because we have penises, and start to believe that a man is defined some other way. That seems to be something the individual needs to deal with, rather than blame women for it.

Aaron

For me, personally, I was raised by a very strong mother. I had very different ideas about women when I grew up and matured as an adolescent and then as an adult.

And a very troubling thing that happened to me was that the world I actually observed was not the world I was told I should be observing. For all my patience, respect, and maturity, I was not being treated by women in the way I wanted to be treated, felt I should be treated (watch out! entitlement) and the way that I was told I could be expected to be treated (by my mother and other mature women in community, family, friends, teachers, etc).

Even in my professional life, I interact with older women who say "you're a very nice, respectable, funny young man. I bet you're popular with the ladies."

HAH. Yeah right.

The world I observed was that the women were swooning over the "misogynist" guys. Cocky, disrespectful, ignorant, oblivious to their needs, etc. Even girls who "liked me" would still swoon over other guys.

At some point I said "fuck that" and decided to treat the world as it is.

And the fact of the matter is that, while there ARE many mature, intelligent, nice, thoughtful, respectful people out there, there are many MORE people who are products of whatever societal forces are out there (misogyny et al) and will throw it back to you.

Is it misogynistic to want to have sex with a beautiful woman? Guess what, she's going to throw misogyny right back in my face by dating the asshole guy.

So what am I going to do? Be the asshole guy.

You can be angry and bitter about it (many are and I was for a long time, and still kind of am) or you can treat it as fact (as I'm coming around to)

And sure, you can choose to "rise above it all" because "two wrongs don't make a right." But you know, that left me a virgin long past due. So I went out and played the game, and got laid. And I became a lot happier. I mean, a LOT happier.

I'm still unhappy with a lot of things. But at least I'm unhappy with pussy :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

As a gay man I feel every bit as much a man without the need to bash women or demean them in order to do so

As another gay man, i would like to step in and say that gay men can be some of the biggest woman-hating people i have ever met, even more so than any straight man.

i have met tons of gay men that since they don't need women for sex, just choose to avoid them their entire lives because they see them as unnecessary to their existence. Women just tend to piss them off by just being around them and being a woman, even if they aren't doing anything negative. They just can't handle feminine energy AT ALL

:P admittedly i have been down this road myself, so i speak from experience. don't feel that way anymore though

As another gay man, i would like to step in and say that gay men can be some of the biggest woman-hating people i have ever met, even more so than any straight man.

i have met tons of gay men that since they don't need women for sex, just choose to avoid them their entire lives because they see them as unnecessary to their existence. Women just tend to piss them off by just being around them and being a woman, even if they aren't doing anything negative. They just can't handle feminine energy AT ALL

:P admittedly i have been down this road myself, so i speak from experience. don't feel that way anymore though

Interestingly enough, many STRAIGHT men can't handle being around women! At least, women they are sexually attracted to...

For the straight guys, in my experience, it's usually because they don't know how to act around women that they like. They wind up getting friend zoned, or they wind up trying to make a move, not knowing how, get shot down. The whole experience is rathing embarassing and not enjoyable, so then they swing the other way, say that women are shallow and stupid and they don't need them.

I think it's much more healthy to learn what women are looking for and the types of things they respond best to.

The video that vortex posted is a good start.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang