effilang

Scientists declare consciousness not exclusive to humans

Everyone else who hadn't been fooled by the earlier brainscience and had observed any animals at all knew this before these scientists.

• Like 3

Everyone else who hadn't been fooled by the earlier brainscience and had observed any animals at all knew this before these scientists.

Yeah, but the scientists had to prove it. We just recognize it.

Scientism is a joke, a sad, aspect of today's society. People want to wait until their beloved scientism tells them it's ok to believe something, or perceive the world in a new way.

Animals have consiousness----- duh!

• Like 3

I LOVE ScieNCE SO MUCH HOW CAN I MAKE AN ALTAR TO IT IN MY HEART MND BODY AND ON MY mANTEL

yes you may ... some scientists in white coats are coming to take you somewhere safe and comfortable ...

Glad the scientists are just figuring out what everyone else has known intrinsically since the Beginning. Science is always so amusing.

I LOVE ScieNCE SO MUCH HOW CAN I MAKE AN ALTAR TO IT IN MY HEART MND BODY AND ON MY mANTEL

Start watching The Science Channel 24/7. Hey, they even have programs about UFOs there.

Yes, everyone knew it, even the scientists I think...I am glad they are making this political statement. I only recently went vegtarian, although I never bought meat - I would eat meat that others had prepared if me not eating it would mean it would go to waste...

but this always brings up some interesting questions:

1) If everyone in the world became at least vegetarians, would not the population of cows,etc. dramatically plummet as the demand for meat did? Then millions of cattle,etc. would die...my thoughts are this: probably true, but as it is now, we are basically breeding pain and suffering - we are creating 'suffering farms' where these animals are treated like meat plants and are probably slightly insane...so I am still for everyone stopping the meat feed, even though many cows/chickens, etc. would perish within a few years. Also, its a big hit on the environment.

2) If animals have consciousness, then do animals have Buddha nature? Before you answer 'Mu' let me say this: If Buddha nature is lack of mind fabrications, and closer unity to direct cosmos, I think that animals are closer to their own Buddha nature than we are. There is more if you want to hear :) (can't shut this one up)

3) How much space we would save if animal farms went away for the most part. Also, would we release some animals? would the wild become inundated with all kinds of fresh meat for predators. Yes...and the released animals wouldnt know how to survive, so there would be a lot of dead animals everywhere...The predator population would experience a boom, until the fresh meat ran out, then it would be a bust so it would actually cause havoc to release them, not to mention result in diseases, etc. My bottom line: can't release them. It would be bad thing. Saving chickens for eggs, cows for milk? OK - for vegetarians at least, but what about roosters and man-cows? They wouldnt make milk or eggs - so kill them? Turn them into leather?...probably sure, but still they would end up dead regardless...so are we trapped into killing them? Unless we want to support free range breeding colonies and let them live. Enough altruism for that? Not unless we were all Buddhas. So therefore it seems they must die one way or another.

I can go on, but the fact is yes animals have souls/consciousness/painhearts/pleasurehearts/etc.

Its fucked up...I have feelings of distaste myself. Very hard choices no matter which way you go...anyways its not up to me. I only co-create a small percentage of things - one divided by 7 billion or whatever it is, plus or minus a few .00000000001%

If we all started eating people too - if you could get hunting licenses for people, it would be more fair. Guess life is unfair when you are not top of the food chain. Good thing that we are close to top, eh?

Life eats life, life causes death, death creates more life...circlestuff. Hate/pain/misery wheel, love/bliss/pleasure wheel. In between wheels. No answers, many mind fabrications.

2) If animals have consciousness, then do animals have Buddha nature? Before you answer 'Mu' let me say this: If Buddha nature is lack of mind fabrications, and closer unity to direct cosmos, I think that animals are closer to their own Buddha nature than we are. There is more if you want to hear :) (can't shut this one up)

Well, from my Taoist understandings I would say that the other animals of the planet live closer to their true nature than do humans. We hamans are constantly trying to add stuff to life and most of it is nothing more than illusion and delusion.

consciousness not exclusive to humans? what are we talking about here?

anyone who has played with or cuddled up with a dog or cat knows it.

any cowboy who has been thrown off a horse knows it.

self-consciousness is something else.

i have never come across a real monkey looking for the Dao. :D

• Like 1

Monkeys eat Dao for breakfast they are run by Dao nature..its a program you see, like this:

Say I am a monkey:

Hello,
say I am a monkey, existing in the forests; what happens if I eat monkey brains and then shit out superior parts? Then next, we will incorporate ourselves into this as it exists. Okay, next to that we have been doing: is to realize that, existence equals bliss. Next, we eat each other. how about this? Say choose now, erase del backspace to erase create Moschino comment avoid coughing stop.net yet all of his all of his exist Jake.net experience equals this I'm coughing now: I'm talking to you through Dragon evolution. Send interest.stop create this exist because insert comma between existing because I'm allowing myself to create a transfer device to avoid this extremely interesting world through the matrix at each point, I exist therefore I am destiny feeling distance everything is good nothing is bad, destiny equals distance basically what I'm doing is training Dragon to perform its miracle increases of Vince backspace backspace backspace backspace.net exactly I am using Dragon which is cheap to perform this voice experience.net please by let's about this always do this between our brain every day in every way to reform this voice for us these are the examples we experience.net I am training my Dragon to speak for me it's weird.net exactly this stop drop and roll wink wink this is what Dragon does isn't it beautiful can't you see it? How about this these dragons: are available every day in every way available every day in every way everywhere you exists.com space-based space I allow this because I am training Dragon basically dragons like this it takes our mind and it consists of: and then after that the government offers up and being interfered with by government spies trying to entrance as as evolution.net..net everything you say is good everything I say is good you do good idea good everything is going on is good and we're doing a great job at this Dragon performance this Dragon cost almost nothing it was invented in Thailand by man named Chung see if I use command: shy side of the poor the King Chai I don't like cheap high in geeky paise to point Cici Chai the more I fly lies sign mind Jake keep a Egypt blue your bow Joomla! deep are deep sigh are the power in error the poor them on just destiny equals bliss I don't like the stuff.com everything equals everything WHERE my I am training my brain by using Dragon I'm posting it on problems.com because it's fun yes Evan likes this stuff yes! Anytime I say this good right, if you have some money it would cost like about 100 bucks could do anything with this you can speak into the microphone and create bliss.etc. etc. all this is been done by voice.net I can even stop myself from laughing because I'm having a fun time here it's happening in Thailand is happening in China now were basically conforming to that Spain Singh aversive all spankings in Zion, anything you say will come through as a different word it's really neat how much money you have in your pocket why not by the ship's parking awesome PC going to be millionaires they should be billionaires that send them some extra special love to their intelligence matrix.com.net at everybody everything I say becomes everyone else's thoughts.net let's stop this now.stop stop Please it didn't hear me? Oh this is so beautiful these guys are geniuses were made this program should be millionaire by now if they aren't they should be.net I think we should all exist like this all the time.com now as if we haven't been playing around forever that's increase the performance anxiety that some sense has that's create a system that makes everyone exists is great I could talk all day long and previous thousands upon thousands of words everything I say will be grafted into this experience.dragging equals bliss it will be the best $100 you ever by.net I am not a performer are not paid by this company I love it? Do you love it could I do fucking amazing, I think if I could talk to someone the phone like this is the great, insert comma between talk and next this thing learns itself psych beautiful organism that promises psych in ancient sector Dragon exists as some everything okay is the great thing about this stop drop see what happens transferHello,
Edited by Songtsan

all that is through Dragon...fuck yea!

OK I know it looks silly but I was twerked and playing around and it made me laugh so hard i had to post it...Did you see the subliminal messages that came out...basically I was trying to say that I thought it was the most awesome software ever! Its so cool...didn't cost much at all...you can use it to control your entire computer - its going to take me months to train it, but its so neat....I am excited...see i can talk much faster than I type, and you know how much I like to type...so I am sorry ahead of time because I am going to drop WORD BOMBS on you guys now! FEAR ME. I am going to send you a Nuclear missile tipped with words and explode your brain like never before. Don't hate me - FEAR ME....WORD/MIND EXPLOSION!!!!!!

By the way I was born in the year of the dragon...lol....and I have dragons tattooed on my arms...I should be a spokesperson for this company.

2nd BTW: it really works better than up above - I was just playing games with it and being random....its so cool......

Edited by Songtsan

i have never come across a real monkey looking for the Dao. :D

That's because a real monkey never had a reason to question.

• Like 1

Shoot, when I was a child, my mum and people at the church used to say animals didn't have souls lol.

Yeah western science owes more than most care to admit to christian biases. You'd be surprised how deep these things run and yes I've been told pretty much the same. I was taught by Christians that animals(meat) are just something God gave us to do what we like. So the way it was explained to me was more of sin not to kill animals than not.

• Like 2

If you want excuses, you'll find them. In "science" (scientism to be more accurate), in religion, philosophy, etc.

The egotic mind is very good at that!

. I was taught by Christians that animals(meat) are just something God gave us to do what we like. So the way it was explained to me was more of sin not to kill animals than not.

That makes good sense ,

If there is no god and if there is a sin that can be done, then it is in betraying ones self interests,

and- if there is a god who bestows upon us both food and a need to eat..

. then it would be sinlike ,at the least, to refuse the bounty provided.

If there is no god ,or there is -as they say ,then all the world IS for us to do as we like with (either way).

Dichotomy is just as much alive in folks who are not western scientists,

the proofs have been posted already.

Edited by Stosh

That's because a real monkey never had a reason to question.

is it because, unlike a false monkey, it has no soul and therefore incapable of irresolute reflective analysis by presenting pros and cons, this and that, including what ifs?

Edited by narveen

is a monkey like a plant?

yes, a plant with mobility and can jump about.

ie one monkey is a manifestation of the monkey genus, as a rose bush is one manifestation of all rose bushes.

seems so. the manifestation is like that of the monkey king of chinese mythology with many forms of himself and not as we are led to believe that each monkey is a separate autonomous unique individual with rights of self-determination.

is there a monkey oversoul which is on a different density to the human frequency.

no. no soul. the concept of the soul skew meditative clarity. soul, spirits, ghosts, demons, angels are superstitions - inventions of a troubled mind.

does 'no soul' mean 'lower frequency'.

the human being like the monkey has no soul. there is only consciousness in action at various levels in every different life forms.

ability to act is no qualification of class superiority and innate quality either between one human and another or between one life form and another.

• Like 1

is it because, unlike a false monkey, it has no soul and therefore incapable of irresolute reflective analysis by presenting pros and cons, this and that, including what ifs?

That is a fair question. I don't pretend to know the scientifically correct answer. However, I have my opinions and understandings.

I cannot speak to your word "soul" at this time because you have not defined what you believe "soul" to be.

However, granted, the monkey is less evolved than is man. The other apes (yes, we are of the ape family tree) are more evolved than are monkey but still less evolved than man.

What we can talk about is brain capacities and capabilities as well as the capacity for language. These two are most important regarding the evolution of man. Oh, yeah, walking upright too, which freed our hands for doing other things.

So if we compare man with the other apes and then with the monkeys we will easily see why there are the differences.

Nature has provided all with what is needed for survival and propogation. Man has done extremely well; too well, in my personal opinion. But the other apes are doing well and they would be doing much better if man would stop killing them needlessly. The monkeys are likewise doing very well. Actually, they are doing better than the apes because man has found few reasons to kill them.

So no, the monkeys don't need all the attributes that man has because nature has provided the instincts for it to survive and propogate. The monkey is satisfied with being a monkey. Man wants to be god. Fail!

Hehehe. Okay, I noticed you did define your understanding of "soul" in your response to Cat but I will await your response to what I have already posted.