Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Thinking out loud

Forget everything you have learned. The world is composed of great powers, of the souls that are sun, moon, earth and sky. Beings that breath and are alive. The sky like a vast womb encircles us and the earth its lover stands beneath. Between them the empty, invisible life giving air. The earth reaching up to the sky as plants and trees, which in their time wither, die and fall back to earth again. So to the sun and stars rise up each day and set down each night in a continual, eternal circulation. Between all these beings the elastic force of love, of inter-relation. And we as men and women caught up in this everlasting organic, pulsating whole, have our bodies, our minds, our living breath and eventually our expiration, no different to all of nature, as we are by nature creatures of this whole living universe.

We are creatures, who in our internal parts reflect the greater world. Our bodies like the earth, solid and tangible, our minds like the sky, vast and subtle, we grow and transform from child to maturity like the rising power of the sun and then grow weary, empty and old like the west. The template of our evolution formed by the patterns in the world. And in all this a chance of something more profound, something greater than only being subject to the mark of time. The possibility of the immortal, the undying. To step beyond the rhythm of life and to understand it all, to become a power among powers and to form our image as the most sacred image of the infinite which drives it all.

• Like 6

"So to the sun and stars rise up each day and set down each night [as other, visible stars arise till daybreak] in a continual, eternal[-like] circulation."

Edited by Vmarco

"So to the sun and stars rise up each day and set down each night [as other, visible stars arise till daybreak] in a continual, eternal[-like] circulation."

Thank you ... yes that is more accurate.

I can't help it :)

Yeah, now and then, when we have the time to set our petty little life problems to the side we have time to look at the 'big picture'.

Cycles and reversions. Almost like a merry-go-round.

Yeah, now and then, when we have the time to set our petty little life problems to the side we have time to look at the 'big picture'.

Cycles and reversions. Almost like a merry-go-round.

yesterday evening I went for a walk up the track behind our house and the moon was rising at the head of the valley and the sun setting at its foot ... the air was filled with that particular summer solstice buzz and I couldn't help notice the beauty of it all and that it was a microcosm of everything to me ... it felt as if I could lay back and the universe would support me ... but I didn't try cos I would have fallen on my behind no doubt (!) ... I think moments of poetic truth are important to us ... to me anyway ... there are many ways to perceive reality and we don't have to spend our time with our noses in the dirt ....

• Like 3

post-3061-0-18228400-1371988977_thumb.jpg

blossom from back yard ... full of joys of nature at the moment :)

• Like 1

Thank you ... yes that is more accurate.

Yes,...many don't observe that the stars exist in daylight.

We can prove that the stars still exist in the daytime. Simply enter a deep hole that blocks out the surrounding light, and we can see one star at a time. Not surprisingly, I have seen evidence that the classic Maya of Mesoamerica did just that. They weren’t easily fooled by eveyday perception.

Yes,...many don't observe that the stars exist in daylight.

We can prove that the stars still exist in the daytime. Simply enter a deep hole that blocks out the surrounding light, and we can see one star at a time. Not surprisingly, I have seen evidence that the classic Maya of Mesoamerica did just that. They weren’t easily fooled by eveyday perception.

Yes you can see stars from a deep well. This true.

Yep. Pretty, pretty.

I don't have any other flowers unless you count artichokes.

I see stars when I see a nice pair of legs.

Is that after your face gets slapped?

This is a lovely thread, artichokes,lyricism, stars, and marbles face getting slapped.

Lets chat about egypt now. Why are they so spooky, Apech?

Because they were visited by time travelling Canadians dressed as aliens ... or some such.

To the OP: Good one. Your point at the end transcending all...your vision of nirvana?

Not so much Nirvana as becoming the diamond body/mind.

• Like 1

I love those Passion flowers!!! (Mine are the scarlet red.)

Yes they're climbing slowly all over the fence ... the flowers are weird ...almost alien. :)

Yes they're climbing slowly all over the fence ... the flowers are weird ...almost alien. :)

You get three point for that post!!!

Sign in to follow this