Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

chi energy or mental placebo

In such lineages as the Lei Shan Tao is the chi energy, as demonstrated by the new john chang video, a real and scientifically explainable form of energy or is it simply the power of the human mind in a tangible form. If a person is adequately convinced of something they can do anything in my opinion. Can you explain the phenomenon of chi energy in scientific terms? Im very new to all of this so please be tolerant.

Hi Rainbow,

The truth is out there, but me or them telling you doesn't mean squat. There are impressive things that can be learned. That said, living and enjoying life is the reason you're here.

If you have the time and stomach for it, here is a loong 8 page 155 thread discussion on powers :)

http://www.thetaobums.com/Looking-for-Proo...ties-t2668.html

Michael

In such lineages as the Lei Shan Tao is the chi energy, as demonstrated by the new john chang video, a real and scientifically explainable form of energy or is it simply the power of the human mind in a tangible form. If a person is adequately convinced of something they can do anything in my opinion. Can you explain the phenomenon of chi energy in scientific terms? Im very new to all of this so please be tolerant.

The way I understand it. Chi is the electrical energy that travels the electromagnetic field that is inside humans.

When I practice still standing, I start with my hands holding a ball in front of my lower Dantian. Then I blow the ball up using my stomach muscles. The ball lifts my arms to chest or head height and I just rest my hands and arms on the ball. For a half hour or more. With no strain, no concentration, no mental tricks.

For me, Qi is real, tangible. I like the description, forget who said it first, that Qi is the energy form between the material and energetic planes. It material "decaying" into the energetic and it's energy "manifesting" into the material. It's the state of change in and of itself.

And it flows, in and through all of us and everything.

Can you explain the phenomenon of chi energy in scientific terms? Im very new to all of this so please be tolerant.

I think this is something you have to see to believe. There is an old saying about abnormal phenomenon that I take to heart: I wouldn't have believed it on your testimony, and I do not expect you to believe it on mine.

What is needed is an open, but skeptical mind. Remember there are legions of sages and wise men/women who all attest to the reality of chi, prana, ki, etc. I don't think you should believe them, but I think it means you should keep an open mind.

On the other hand, most of the chi wielding people out there that I've met seem to be ignorant, deluded, etc. So some skepticism is required.

I think this is something you have to see to believe. There is an old saying about abnormal phenomenon that I take to heart: I wouldn't have believed it on your testimony, and I do not expect you to believe it on mine.

What is needed is an open, but skeptical mind. Remember there are legions of sages and wise men/women who all attest to the reality of chi, prana, ki, etc. I don't think you should believe them, but I think it means you should keep an open mind.

On the other hand, most of the chi wielding people out there that I've met seem to be ignorant, deluded, etc. So some skepticism is required.

I agree completely. I think that was as true as it was concise. Thank you.

Edited by spyrelx

I'm not sure if being knowledgable about qi, yet ignorant on many other levels is typical or not. But, it seems likely to me.

I have noticed that many biz majors who become execs can not hold a conversation on most basic matters of history or religion or culture etc... Just as many art majors haven't a clue about biz administration. The time it takes to learn some of the more developed techniques in qigong, may induce a sort of ignorance of other matters. The sage-like qualities we hope for from masters is often lacking in my experience as well. But I didn't ask my art teacher about biology either.

Being well-rounded has great advantages but seldom leads to mastery, unless yr a Leonardo DeVinci... Human capasity seems to have all sorts of limits, and many of us have to choose where to place our energies to become the best people that our temperments, abilities and resources allow for.

Qi seems to be real for me. When I retain Jing and use that sexual energy to manifest other intentions I have seen results. I have seen masters do things and have atributes that would be improbable at best if not for the explanation of qi manifestation as I understand it.

I have often related my thoughts on these matters to a basic understanding of Quantum theory, that at a very basic level -thought and energy may be pretty much the same. Our collective sub/un-conscious minds hold our concept of reality together in a way. Not all scientific thinkers agree with this either, still it rings true for me as an acceptible explanation of how many are able to be aware of energies within themselves and use them at will- with practice of course!

Getting away from the mystical and into the experiential, I think it can be wise to translate Ki(chi) into intention. Moving, breathing, doing etc. with relaxed intention, that is the platform that we need to stand on.

Michael

Sign in to follow this