Sign in to follow this  
WillingToListen

How does one go about mastering their intuition and emotional/energetic sensitivity?

Besides things like not lying and some visualization techniques, what are the methods of doing this?

It interests me, because this is where a lot of my problems were coming from, as I learned most of the time that i was dealing with emotions of those who live with me and not my own, nearly as much as i thought i was.

I would be very grateful for any solid advice ^__^

***I wasn't going to make a thread, because I said I wouldn't. But this important to me and no one answered when I posed it within another thread.

You may not like my answer but here goes none-the-less:

Don't try to master your emotions, intuition or energetic sensitivity. Just experience them; yes, all of them, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This is where our true nature resides.

But learn how to communicate with them. Learn how to experience them and then let them go. Letting them go is most important.

Funny. Today has not been a good day for working outside. I thought about going somewhere. I had no place to go. I stayed home.

• Like 1

Timely thread.

Last night I got a very annoying phone call from a company's customer service rep. He was insisting it was time to renew a contract I did not have. He would not let me get a word in edgewise. I said are you going to shut up and let me talk? He said something rude to which I blurted out "oh eff you!" and hung up. I can't believe I lost my cool like that, but I learned it is what it is and let it go.

My story, fwiw.

• Like 2

Timely thread.

Last night I got a very annoying phone call from a company's customer service rep. He was insisting it was time to renew a contract I did not have. He would not let me get a word in edgewise. I said are you going to shut up and let me talk? He said something rude to which I blurted out "oh eff you!" and hung up. I can't believe I lost my cool like that, but I learned it is what it is and let it go.

My story, fwiw.

^__^

Last night I got a very annoying phone call from a company's customer service rep

my favorite parts are when they want you to spend money and you tell them you have literally zero money and they just ask you to pay a little bit less. Like uh...i still don't have any freaking money bro

and when automated telephone services just hang up in the middle of THEM trying to tell YOU something. i was listening to their stupid crap and then they decided i wasn't worth their time i guess...

my favorite parts are when they want you to spend money and you tell them you have literally zero money and they just ask you to pay a little bit less. Like uh...i still don't have any freaking money bro...

I hear you... I got one of those the other night. Unfortunately it was from an organization that provides medications for breast cancer patients. I say "unfortunately" because it made me feel terrible that I told the lady I could not help. I could have pledged even $10, but I contribute to several charities on a monthly recurring basis already (I've probably lost karma points and merit for revealing that, but what the heck, I'm going to be reborn as an artichoke anyway :wacko: ). I truly wish I could help everyone, but it's like the proverbial wedding guest list... you have to draw the line somewhere.

I hear you... I got one of those the other night. Unfortunately it was from an organization that provides medications for breast cancer patients. I say "unfortunately" because it made me feel terrible that I told the lady I could not help. ...

It might be you got lucky on that call....

warm regards

You may not like my answer but here goes none-the-less:

Don't try to master your emotions, intuition or energetic sensitivity. Just experience them; yes, all of them, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This is where our true nature resides.

But learn how to communicate with them. Learn how to experience them and then let them go. Letting them go is most important.

Funny. Today has not been a good day for working outside. I thought about going somewhere. I had no place to go. I stayed home.

Yeah, this is the way. Don't even try to control or master them. Watch them come, stay for a while, and move on.

The thoughts, feelings and emotions that are helpful for your path can be watered and given some attention, they will grow. The others, just simply allow them to come and go, and don't react to the worm on a hook that they are dangling in front of you. They will be gone and replaced by another soon enough, no need for you to do a thing.

Besides things like not lying and some visualization techniques, what are the methods of doing this?

It interests me, because this is where a lot of my problems were coming from, as I learned most of the time that i was dealing with emotions of those who live with me and not my own, nearly as much as i thought i was.

I would be very grateful for any solid advice ^__^

WillingToListen, hi

Marblehead gave some good suggestions; experiencing whatever comes, then letting it go. This is like surfing: you don't control the wave; you first read it, then you ride it and then you let it go. With this, especially if you have high empathic tendencies, first step is to relax and look at it and determine if what's coming in is yours or someone else's. Next step depends on the situation... mostly though don't forget to breathe through it.

warm regards

For intuition in my experience it is a matter of listening and then trusting and acting from it, then your confidence in it grows from all the times it leads you on the correct path.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this