Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Magnificent 'Super Moon' Tomorrow

I'm in Chicago and tomorrow night I'll be heading for the lake around 8:30. The full moon is about 10% closer then usual and will be rising over Lake Michigan as the sun sets. It should make for a blood red moon turning orange then pale as it rises and seems to split over the lake.

Yes, this full moon will be the closest one to Earth this year. My skies are cloudy right now but just maybe they will clear just long enough for me to get a good view.

Yes this super moon , is in the sign of the sagittarius, big night for us!

I plan to meditate and taichi all night!

• Like 1

Wow I didn't realize it is Full Moon and the Solstice. No wonder the middle of the brain has been super magnetized with bliss today. haha.

Awesome.

I went out to look at it this morning. Last night was cloudy and I wouldn't have seen it even if I had gone out to look.

Yay.

:)

Super moon.

Boo

:(

Cloudy and raining here.

England eh!

Its very bright here ... rose about 8:40 and its lit up good enough to read a book outside (if you really wanted to).

It looks like I am in for a cloudy night here so little chance of getting a good view unless the clouds dissipate.

While looking at the moon last night with my roomate, I got to hear the rant about "supermoons" from my astronomer roomate lol.

England eh!

Its very bright here ... rose about 8:40 and its lit up good enough to read a book outside (if you really wanted to).

I had a peek at it through a break in the clouds around 3am this morning ( incontinent puppy).

Meh!

Seen bigger.

:)

I did get a full view through high clouds this morning. No magnification here either - same size as normal.

It doesn't appear much bigger but the brightness is noticeable if you live where there is clean air and no clouds.

Sign in to follow this