Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Guru Poll: optimal time between genital orgasms

I thought it would be fun to have a list of gurus and their recommendations of optimal time between genital orgasms. I'll start with a few that come to mind:

Edgar Cayce: 6-8 weeks

Dr. Lin: 2 weeks

Yogani: absolute minimum 1 week, longer is better but don't force it.

RJ: Never.

Gopi Krishna: Go by your feeling... if you feel stronger and more awake afterwards then you've got it. If you feel tired afterwards, then you are having them too often.

I'd love to hear the various rules of thumb that you've picked up along the way. I'll dig up a few more too.

Yoda

I think Confucio came out with a different time depending on your age. So kids in their teens are ok doing it every day (not that they wouldn't if Confucio said so :lol: ). But then it became progressively longer. After age 100 you were not supposed to come anymore. It would be interesting to find this table.

Relax and flow with the go of the seasons. Longevity arts have a progressively subtle curve.

Conserve in the dead of winter, Stretch and Grow in the spring, bloom in the summer, realize in the fall.

It's not that Chi Gung attunes the cycles of days months and years in between a few practices of opening and closing patterns, but that routinely opening circulating and closing through the cycles of days months and years naturally attunes your cycles to be supportive of your activities. A gradual load over a length of time is more influential then a heavy load for a short time. Relax and enjoy the ride of a lifetime.

Spectrum

I thought it would be fun to have a list of gurus and their recommendations of optimal time between genital orgasms. I'll start with a few that come to mind:

Edgar Cayce: 6-8 weeks

Dr. Lin: 2 weeks

Yogani: absolute minimum 1 week, longer is better but don't force it.

RJ: Never.

Gopi Krishna: Go by your feeling... if you feel stronger and more awake afterwards then you've got it. If you feel tired afterwards, then you are having them too often.

I'd love to hear the various rules of thumb that you've picked up along the way. I'll dig up a few more too.

Yoda

I think that the individual needs to investigate on that one. I've felt more awake and stronger just to feel like I lost half my rooting the next day. I think that may only apply to people that have already undergone alchemy.

My own rule of thumb is "as long as you can" because invariably you're going to mess up. For my own body, I notice that once I hit about 3 weeks a lot of pressure starts building.

I think at some point one has to release the pressure somehow, either vigorous exercise, ejaculation, alchemical transformation (the hardest) or whatever. Without the release, you're doing damage.

So for each person, the amount would be different, depending on what forms of release he's using.

Plain Girl says (paraphrased) "A robust man at 20 may ejaculate twice a day, but a weak man at 20 may only ejaculate once a day. A robust man at 30 may ejaculate once a day, a weak one once every 2 days. At 40 (robust) once every 3 days, weak every 4. At 50 (robust) every 5 days, weak every 10. At 60 (robust) every 10, weak every 20. At 70 once a month if healthy, if weak none at all."

Dr. Lee Tung-hsuan (Tang dynasty) said " two or three times per 10 intercourses."

Master Liu Ching (Han dynasty) said, "once every three days in spring,in summer and autumn twice a month and in winter none at all."

Sun Ssu-mo (Tang dynasty) recommended twice a month or 24 times a year, but he practiced once in every 100 copulations.

alchemical transformation (the hardest) or whatever.

alchemical transformation : i.e. circulation?

Master Liu Ching (Han dynasty) said, "once every three days in spring,in summer and autumn twice a month and in winter none at all."

One thing that is certain, by spending more time within four walls or a mediated environment in general, the attunment to the natural cycles gets slightly phazed.

Drinking from the stream everyonce in a while is a must.

Edited by Spectrum

alchemical transformation : i.e. circulation?

Circulation being the most base form of transformation but (I maintain) still a form of it. I'm thinking more reversing water and fire stuff, "steaming" etc. This is kan/li (which I know LITTLE about) and other similar practices. My guess is Trunk's got some stuff on his site (alchemical taoism) about this.

I'm really not an expert on transforming and have never had much succes with it or (in truth) attempted it all that much (usually end up just shooting my load).

Sign in to follow this