DentyDao

New John Chang Video

Hey,

Just thought that some might take an interest in a new video of John Chang that just came out. It aired on Sky satellite t.v. recently. David mentioned that he had seen it after a recent talk with shifu. I think the footage was captured in the late nineties at the high point of the Mo Pai relationship with western students; back when things were going well and John Chang was still talking about training a level four practitioner on every continent.

I don't know why Shifu allowed it to be aired at this point, but perhaps it was done without his consent or maybe he felt enough time has passed and showing the video wouldn't be as big an issue... I suspect the former, but I'm not really sure.

The whole thing is bitter sweet. I really feel that Shifu put his heart out there for those of us who are searching. Anyway, it's amazing to see.

Dynamo Jack Video

S

Edited by seandenty

Wow!

Just thinking out loud..do you think this spirit world where John Chang's master lives in houses our dead

relatives and friends too?

Sorry, but the short answer is 'no', according to the Teachings.

Sean, do you know where can I get the complete documentary?

There's also a book, for those interested, on this Master Chang, entitled:

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal

@ http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

Awesome video clip, though! A little confusing, but awesome nontheless! Thanks.

Wasn't Kostas talking about doing this in one of the books? Still, I'm surprised he would have let himself be filmed like this.

Sorry, but the short answer is 'no', according to the Teachings.

Sean, do you know where can I get the complete documentary?

There's also a book, for those interested, on this Master Chang, entitled:

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal

@ http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

Awesome video clip, though! A little confusing, but awesome nontheless! Thanks.

i believe the documentary was aired by discovery i think, its the ring of fire and i want to say it was volume three, which ever one is called east of krakatoa as the blair brothers filmed several series about that area. should be able to get it anywhere on the net.

Sean,

The tricks on that video are so obviously fake.

I just can't believe how gullible you are sometimes.

Just kidding. Very interesting and believable (at least to my eye).

Thanks for posting.

spyrelx

Still, I'm surprised he would have let himself be filmed like this.

That's partly what I meant by confusing. The clip says that only after a deep two year long meditation retreat,

Master Chang sought out the film-maker, and invited him to return for more footage. Reason: he was shown,

or it was "revealed" to him, by the Immortals, one presumes, that the ancient wisdom was vanishing from the

planet. It is almost implied that he was instructed by the higher powers to seek out this film-maker and give a

second reminder to us all that we can attain to the mysteries if we will but apply ourselves. And then he later

claims that his 'immortalized' past master severely chastized him for breaking his vow of secrecy. It appears

almost contradictory, in my eyes. Surely he would'nt have sought out the film-maker in the first place without

first clearing it with the higher powers; so why now the tough penance?

i believe the documentary was aired by discovery i think, its the ring of fire and i want to say it was volume three, which ever one is called east of krakatoa as the blair brothers filmed several series about that area. should be able to get it anywhere on the net.

do you happen to know how the brother died? he was young..

That's partly what I meant by confusing. The clip says that only after a deep two year long meditation retreat,

Master Chang sought out the film-maker, and invited him to return for more footage. Reason: he was shown,

or it was "revealed" to him, by the Immortals, one presumes, that the ancient wisdom was vanishing from the

planet. It is almost implied that he was instructed by the higher powers to seek out this film-maker and give a

second reminder to us all that we can attain to the mysteries if we will but apply ourselves. And then he later

claims that his 'immortalized' past master severely chastized him for breaking his vow of secrecy. It appears

almost contradictory, in my eyes. Surely he would'nt have sought out the film-maker in the first place without

first clearing it with the higher powers; so why now the tough penance?

I can only guess he felt he took it too far in the restaurant fiasco and felt really bad about the splinter and cutting himself. I remember an old relative chastising a goup of us because we were laughing so much..she insisted this will only lead to crying. There's an old story in the taichi circles ( i forgot the names, but I think it comes from the Yang family) about how this young guy defeated a formidable opponent and he went bragging to his dad..his dad, unimpressed, pointed out his sleeve was torn and that he needed more practice.

T

i believe the documentary was aired by discovery i think, its the ring of fire and i want to say it was volume

three, which ever one is called east of krakatoa as the blair brothers filmed several series about that area.

should be able to get it anywhere on the net.

Thanks, yuanqi. I'll look for that, for sure, but the impression I got from this clip is that it's taken from a 'new'

second documentary. I would like to know the title of this 'newer' film and where to get it, as well. Thanks.

This is actually totally new footage. It hasn't been aired on Discovery... yet.

As to the speculation about why Shifu Chang decided to let this demonstration be filmed, we need to look closely at the 'Magus of Java Story.' It's important to remember that, during the late nineties, Shifu Chang decided to break with tradition and, not only teach the practice, but allow a book to be written and begin systematically training a level four student for every continent. A nice dream... This is when his teacher raised his eyebrows, so to speak, and basically put a stop to the whole idea. Perhaps John Chang's master can see some harmful result that we cannot. I know that John Chang once discussed the collapse of the mythical city of Atlantis with his students and drew comparisons between the technology of Atlantis and Mo Pai. Whether he was just illustrating a point or speaking of the reality, who knows, but it was certainly on his mind.

Thanks, yuanqi. I'll look for that, for sure, but the impression I got from this clip is that it's taken from a 'new'

second documentary. I would like to know the title of this 'newer' film and where to get it, as well. Thanks.

It comes from the documentary 'Myths, Magic and Monsters' episode 1 'Super Humans'.

Edited by therion

yeah i dont know about the new one, i was talking about the old one. i would like the new one too! so if you know before i do let me know.

Really great footage, thanks for posting!

No problem. There may be some more footage of some of David's masters in the next month or so, but I will have to check on it.

From:http://www.innerchangemag.com/Hightower-journeytohealth2.htm

Comments?

The other striking feature of fascia is it is highly organized and tightly bundled. It is, in fact, so regular and repeating in the way it is organized that it meets the definition of a liquid crystal. It also functions as a liquid crystal; that is to say that we can generate and transmit piezoelectricity. Don't get put off by the big words if you are new to this. Piezoelectric is what powers your gas grill sparkers, lighters, and watches. The idea is that physical stresses are converted by piezoelectric materials into electricity. What this means for us is that any movement of our bodies will generate an electrical signal that is carried to literally every cell we have. This important insight, that the fascial elements of our bodies can transmit and store information, explains the fundamental importance of exercise and gives us a direct method of understanding "body memory." Any experienced body worker, any good chiropractor, any healer of any type has been fascinated by the links between painful areas and memories. Patients with extensive health histories will, once healing has begun, speak of events and emotions that are associated with the site of injury. This is because fascial tissue stores and transmits information with every single movement. This is a large part of what constitutes consciousness, and it is what we define as the living matrix.

Hey,

Just thought that some might take an interest in a new video of John Chang that just came out. It aired on Sky satellite t.v. recently. David mentioned that he had seen it after a recent talk with shifu. I think the footage was captured in the late nineties at the high point of the Mo Pai relationship with western students; back when things were going well and John Chang was still talking about training a level four practitioner on every continent.

I don't know why Shifu allowed it to be aired at this point, but perhaps it was done without his consent or maybe he felt enough time has passed and showing the video wouldn't be as big an issue... I suspect the former, but I'm not really sure.

The whole thing is bitter sweet. I really feel that Shifu put his heart out there for those of us who are searching. Anyway, it's amazing to see.

Dynamo Jack Video

S

Maybe it is getting hard to find students that have enough merit and have already put in some hard work.

Or maybe something is going to happen in the near future and they are trying to prepare for :ph34r:

Interesting stuff. What's in the other videos?

From what I'm told, it's a video of one or several of David's teachers demonstrating skills similar to the skills John Chang demonstrates on the Blair video. David Shen also answers some questions on the video about the Lei Shan Dao (thunder and lightning path) and there are some people being treated by a Lei Shan Dao master. One of David's students shot the footage and is making it available on the Foundation Forum: http://foundation73.proboards55.com/

I think the video will just be available on the Foundation Forum.

Best, S

It's from the documentary 'Myths, Magic and Monsters' episode 1 'Super Humans'.

see here

If anyone has captured the whole episode don't hesitate to post a torrent.

I wonder if there is more footage since the episode is 60 min.

I somehow missed this reply earlier, and just now noticed it. Thanks, therion. ;)

This is actually totally new footage. It hasn't been aired on Discovery... yet.

As to the speculation about why Shifu Chang decided to let this demonstration be filmed, we need to look closely at the 'Magus of Java Story.' It's important to remember that, during the late nineties, Shifu Chang decided to break with tradition and, not only teach the practice, but allow a book to be written and begin systematically training a level four student for every continent.

hi there Sean ~ Just wondering here if you know whether there are any first generation Shifu Chang disciples

living in Canada? Thanks.

Yeah, I've seen that video a month or so ago. Lei Shan Dao path seems to produce these kind of effects, although, to me, it doesn't reflect nor negate a level of spiritual development those man can posess.

I'm training a method that produces simular effects on the body although those are viewed as mere side effects. The three worms within like that kind of shit.

By the end of the year we will make our own video.

Max

I'm training a method that produces simular effects on the body although those are viewed as mere side effects. The three worms within like that kind of shit.

Hi Max, where are you learning this?

T

Hi Max, where are you learning this?

T

Hi,

It's a combination of teachings from Master Yi Wu and from a master back home connected with the rise of spiritual cultivation in Siberia and closely related to norther China.

Each part addresses training of specific topics like body, mind, or spirit, and each depends on other parts to be successful.

Max