Ambitious Child

Newbie (Sex addict - Tao Helping me in so many ways)

Hi all.

I am a 21 year old male who has been suffering from sexual addiction in all forms.

Being compelled both spirtually and after reading some previous posts I started to do Retention practices. Really tough given my sex drive.

I dont want to kill my sex drive completely but wanted to slow down as such and focuss on one woman. Ive started to focuss on turning my mind off to sexual desires and thoughts and this has helped as well.

With retention I have seen massive gains in my workouts and feel far more confident about life, love, work etc.

I would like to know about some other exercises that will help curb the energy.

I do weight training twice a week and play league paintball (Speed ball) every Sunday.

I wont lie, I enjoy a good beer or two.

Should I look at increasing my workout schedual ?

Other exercises to help keep my Semen count up and absourbing into my body ? (Deer exercise etc).

Thank You.

Newbie :)

• Like 1

hi. retention is quite a controversial topic from what i read araound here. some say it's good, some say it's bad, some says caution is necessary.

I'm not an expert in sexual retention..

my suggestion is dont get to obsessed with this, dont "turn your mind off" if suppressing thoughts is what you mean..

train to witness these events (sexual desires) without adding nothing,

like studying in secret a wild animal, the smallest noise and the animal runs away...

• Like 1

I'm not an expert in sexual retention..

my suggestion is dont get to obsessed with this, dont "turn your mind off" if suppressing thoughts is what you mean..

train to witness these events (sexual desires) without adding nothing,

like studying in secret a wild animal, the smallest noise and the animal runs away...

does this not make things worse? it would be like indulging an obsession, a binge.

Hi Ambitious Child,

If retention is working for you right now and you feel good I personally don't see a compelling reason to stop. Therapy for "sexual addiction" often includes a period of celibacy including not masturbating. Still, I'd exercise caution and consider the pluses and negatives carefully. As I'm sure you've noticed, retention will, at least initially, make you more horny. If eventually you end up breaking your retention you might end up having sex in a way that bothers you more than if you had just masturbated once a day or every few days.

Not all mental health professionals believe in the concept of "sexual addiction" per se, although there's no doubt that some people have sex in ways that are hurtful to themselves, and sometimes to others as well. If you're interested in exploring the deeper psychological roots of your sexuality and how to go about making changes (if any) I recommend the book The Erotic Mind by Jack Morin.

Good luck!

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke

does this not make things worse? it would be like indulging an obsession, a binge.

i'm not talking about following the sexual desire, I'm talking about watching it, really watching with detchment.

If you want to understand it, be gentle, if I come out of my bush to grasp the wild animal probably it would run away, or worst it would eat me, if I try to beat him I don't skillfully use the possibility to know it..

i'm not talking about following the sexual desire, I'm talking about watching it, really watching with detchment.

If you want to understand it, be gentle, if I come out of my bush to grasp the wild animal probably it would run away, or worst it would eat me, if I try to beat him I don't skillfully use the possibility to know it..

stimulation of the object of desire causes the watching. a child watches cartoons in a state of entrancement. switch off the tv and it cries.

watching the cause of stimulation requires awakening from entrancement. how does a child awakens from being a child?

Witnessing the event with equanimity is not stimulating it.. IMO

Sure, if you have never done this before is quite unusual to do it with such powerfull thought, this I why I've said train to watch in this manner..

Well what i would advice you is to stop doing seminal retention and do more transmutation, if you get my drift. Just stocking up your sperm will only make you more horny and angry and in the end you will most likelihood blow it out anyway. Usually most spiritual practices from prayer to qigong to stillness meditation (most inner practices) will help. The main idea is to use that extra sexual energy for something creative(sexual energy is actually creative energy, love energy manifested in a more physical way).

So that is the short story, I hope I didn't make it more confusing.

Good day.

Mantak Chia once likened keeping your Sexual Urges in check without the correct Taoist Training, to trying to keep 20 Ping Pong Balls under water with your hands...

(LOL)

• Like 1

I like the answer of do horse stance, I think that should be the answer to all questions.

Anyway to realize you are moving to an extreme go the other way for a while and then meet back in the middle. Find the center of the compass is the finest instructions then you can see how powerful your mind is,meaning your own thoughts can create feelings, want and desires on demand. Once we can eliminate cravings and replace them with a calm tranquil mind the ecstasy that follows is and is not sexual.

when we find the right partner and develop a relationship where nothing is hidden and nothing can hide that is better timing for the tao of sex.

When it comes to desire and craving is not eliminated you will desire it more because you have placed restrictions on yourself.Retention is restriction and you are 21, you should always be horny but never harmful to yourself or others. If there is harm involved seek professional help and get people close to you involved,addiction is a place not to hang out in no matter what form it takes.