Pietro

Clore

Do you use a swimming pool with clored water?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a swimming pool with clored water?

• Yes, regularly. Or I would
    • I would occasionally, but I wouldn't regulraly
    • I would never do that.

I recently moved, and part of the new university are some kick us health center, which also include a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam bath and more. :P I haven't actually gone in a swimming pool in ages. And I did not remember that caustic sensation of clore. :blink: Anybody knows what effect does it has on the body?

I suppose that is there to kill the bacteria, while I, being on primal diet, thrive on bacteria, and use them to make me stronger. But clore is outside, and my bacteria are mostly inside. :unsure: Hmm.

I hope I don't have to renounce to my newfound jacuzzi bath B)

I recently moved, and part of the new university are some kick us health center, which also include a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam bath and more. :P I haven't actually gone in a swimming pool in ages. And I did not remember that caustic sensation of clore. :blink: Anybody knows what effect does it has on the body?

I suppose that is there to kill the bacteria, while I, being on primal diet, thrive on bacteria, and use them to make me stronger. But clore is outside, and my bacteria are mostly inside. :unsure: Hmm.

I hope I don't have to renounce to my newfound jacuzzi bath B)

When I was swimming in a chlorinated pool my eyes would burn.

I would get sore throats.

My hair would feel briltle.

I no longer swim in chlorinated pools.

When younger I was on the swim team and spent 10+ hours a week in a pool. Sure chlorine will make your eyes burn but that's what gogles are for. I think for most people its safe. Swimming is great exercise, jacuzzi's are wonderfully relaxing.

Try it, see how you feel. If you're not sensitive, have fun splashing around. Millions do every day.

Michael

On the other hand, I have been meaning to see if olympic level swimmers died early due to extremely long time spent in chlorine. Course superior physical conditioning should mean longer lives.

Later P.S. Did a web search, found Football players died young <50, no big surprise. Couldn't find anything on early death of swimmers. I did find this site - http://coachsci.sdsu.edu/swimming/chlorine/chlorine.htm

It did say heavy exercising >2 hours led to higher concentrations of various chlorinoids in blood. Much less for casual swimmers. Also a link to increased asthma risk for a small percent.

One study had couple hundred kids who regularly swam in a pool with 100,000 times too much chlorine! Strangely there was some tooth enamel damage in 13% of them, but they were alive and kicking even after repeatedly exercising in water with such astronomically high rate.

More pools are using Ozone for cleaning, outdoor pools made for lower chlorinated exposure and new products tend to be easier to measure and control.

Hi Pietro,

It would be good if you could find a homeopathic remedy of chlorine, or make it yourself. And increase mineral intake, and use soap to clean teeth to allow them to remineralize.

Take care,

Karen

Hi Pietro,

It would be good if you could find a homeopathic remedy of chlorine, or make it yourself. And increase mineral intake, and use soap to clean teeth to allow them to remineralize.

Take care,

Karen

Thanks,

I already use soap for the teeth.

I don't know much about hemeopathy. Wouldn't know where to start to make myself a remedy.

cheers,

Pietro

Hi Pietro,

Great that you're onto the tooth soap.

Well, I'll explain how to make a homeopathic remedy, and you can see if you're interested in trying it. Most of the commonly used remedies are available from homeopathic pharmacies, but when you need a remedy for some substance you were exposed to, it's easier to just make it yourself.

To make a homeopathic remedy from a substance that's water soluble is pretty easy. To make a remedy from chlorine, you start with one drop of chlorine, or a drop of the chlorinated water that you are exposed to, in a clean dropper bottle, about the size that herbal tinctures come in.

Then add purified water about 2/3 full, screw the top on and shake it vigorously by rapping it against your palm or a book at least 30-40 times. (The shaking is called succussion, and the whole process of dilution and succussion is called potentizing). That would give you the 1st potency, or a 1C potency.

Then you dump out all the water in the bottle, because at least one drop will cling to the side of the bottle, and to this you add more purified water, again about 2/3 full, repeat the succussion procedure, and now you have a 2C potency.

When you do this repeatedly, you can make as high a potency as needed. Once you get to the 12th potency, the dilution is so high that there is not even one molecule left of the original substance. This is how it's safe to take remedies made from toxic substances. You only have the energy imprint left, and no material substance at all, so there is no toxicity.

For this purpose, a 30th potency would be good, but if you don't feel like working that hard, a 12th potency would be good enough :). When it's finished, you just add a bit of vodka or brandy to the bottle as a preservative. Then you take one drop of the remedy, once or several times a day, as long as you're exposed to chlorine.

Homeopathy is based on the principle of like cures like, or the law of similars. It uses a remedy made from a substance that causes the same symptoms when taken in crude, material form, as the symptoms that you have. So for example, if you have hayfever with itchy, burning eyes that are just like what happens to your eyes when you cut an onion, you could take the homeopathic remedy made from onion (Allium cepa), to treat your hayfever.

So instead of using something to counteract the symptoms (law of opposites), it uses a remedy that would actually elicit the same symptoms if taken in material form, except that in the potentized form it's actually curative.

Now, in this case with the chlorine, we're technically doing what's called isopathy, not homeopathy, because we're just using the very same substance as the offending substance, and potentizing that. The idea is that a toxin is not just a physical invader, but it leaves an imprint on the energetic level. You can do all sorts of detoxification regimes, but to erase the deeper energetic imprint, you can take the toxin or poison in energetic (potentized) form.

The homeopathic remedy Nux vomica is also a good general cleanser, used especially when you don't know the exact substance you were exposed to or you don't have a sample to make a remedy out of.

Enjoy your jacuzzis :)

Cheers,

Karen

Karen, ok I shall try it (that is, when I have time, after Easter).

But does it requires me to believe in it to work?

Because I don't. I'll just try it to have some fun, like a kid would do. :)

Thanks for all the work you put into in explaining the whole process.

I was actually wondering how those preparations were made.

Hi Pietro,

I love your spirit of adventure :). I find making up remedies is pretty fun, and the vodka part makes it even more fun ;).

And no, it doesn't require any kind of belief. Many people have engaged in provings of these substances, which means that they have taken them and observed the effects. Like the way we all know how our eyes feel when we cut onions! Then if you took a potentized remedy made from onion, you would experience a change. Then you've entered into the realm of science - the oberservation of nature.

But it is also not completely empirical, because there are principles that Dr. Hahnemann discovered based on a lifetime of scientific experiments. (Not scientific according to material science, but science in the true sense of the term :)

So this is really objective science, and works on babies and animals as well as humans, so there is no subjective belief or placebo effect involved.

What we want is understanding, not belief, and you can begin to understand the principle of the law of similars by seeing how it works in nature. When you have frostbite, you know that you can't use the law of opposites (putting warmth on the frozen part), because that would be disastrous! We know that we have to use something cool at first, even though the body part is frozen. It seems counterintuitive, but we know from experience that it works.

There are times when the law of opposites is appropriate to use, and other times when the law of similars is more appropriate, depending on the nature of the problem. Dr. Hahnemann laid out these principles in detail 250 years ago, which we keep validating over and over, in practice.

Now, as to how the remedies are made, it gets more complicated when you start with a substance that isn't water soluble. Then you have to grind it up (trituration) usually in a base of milk sugar, using the sugar as the dilutent instead of water. But the basic idea is the same - dilutions and succussions in series.

(A nice little video of

using trituration)

A good way to get experience with homeopathy is to buy the remedy Arnica, and take that the next time you get bruised or have any kind of injury. You'll see how much more quickly you recover. I've often banged myself and expected a lot of bruising, but if I take Arnica right away, usually there's little or no bruising at all. That's just a simple example, but it can be an interesting experience :).

Cheers,

Karen