thelerner

Straddling two universes

I think everyone inhabits the Tic Toc world, where we eat, sleep, crap and make a living. Where a cup is a cup, a table is a table, and a falling tree makes noise cause thats what happens when something hits something else.

How many people know, live, participate in the Spirit world. Where entities dwell, the dead walk, and deities hold realm? I don't know if its a fraction of one percent or maybe more. I'm not talking about a theoretical belief, but experiential. I'm certainly not one of them. I'm thoroughly indoctrinated in Tic Toc, but being in this community and the things I've read, make me question, maybe yearn, to know the real truth.

What do I mean by the Spirit world? Another dimension that we can have access to. A reality happening beneath our own. Unprovable, but it can be observed. Explorers religious and new age have explored it, come up with similar views though they use different language.

A Bardon Franz commentary is that until you cross a line, the entities you meet spring from archetypes in your own subconscious. But cross that line and they are real. Real as you or me. Hmnnnn.

How to know? Is it a matter of time on the mat? A system like Bardon's? I recently purchased the book Invoking Angels, which involves getting to know the 'top' angels in the Judaic framework. Where does imagination give way to another reality? and how do we tell the difference?

What do you think? and what other realities do you experience?

Michael

I think everyone inhabits the Tic Toc world, where we eat, sleep, crap and make a living. Where a cup is a cup, a table is a table, and a falling tree makes noise cause thats what happens when something hits something else.

(This is the world as it is)

How many people know, live, participate in the Spirit world. Where entities dwell, the dead walk, and deities hold realm? I don't know if its a fraction of one percent or maybe more. I'm not talking about a theoretical belief, but experiential. I'm certainly not one of them. I'm thoroughly indoctrinated in Tic Toc, but being in this community and the things I've read, make me question, maybe yearn, to know the real truth.

What do I mean by the Spirit world? Another dimension that we can have access to. A reality happening beneath our own. Unprovable, but it can be observed. Explorers religious and new age have explored it, come up with similar views though they use different language.

(this is the world of the mind)

A Bardon Franz commentary is that until you cross a line, the entities you meet spring from archetypes in your own subconscious. But cross that line and they are real. Real as you or me. Hmnnnn.

How to know? Is it a matter of time on the mat? A system like Bardon's? I recently purchased the book Invoking Angels, which involves getting to know the 'top' angels in the Judaic framework. Where does imagination give way to another reality? and how do we tell the difference?

What do you think? and what other realities do you experience?

Michael

we can and do live in a myriad of worlds created by the infinite imagination of the mind

when there is no mind, there is no illusion.

pardon my comments

I am but a fool.

I have the same thoughts and have been wondering the same things. Is it something so simple as if you believe it then it is true and you can experience it? I have read a bit on Shamanism and find it very interesting but then there is the fact that a lot of the shaman do take a halluncinogen called " the truth vine" before they go to these other demensions.

My theory is that we all vibrate energy and that the spirits vibrate at a frequency so fast that we can not usually see them. Much like a sound wave.

I have no proof but I do believe in other demensions, why shouldn't I?

My theory is that we all vibrate energy and that the spirits vibrate at a frequency so fast that we can not usually see them. Much like a sound wave.

In similar comparison; where various mediums allow sound to be seen, I wonder what mediums exist in which dimensional dwellers are revealed...

SpecTrum

Michael, just a comment - you might like reading Owen Barfield's work, particularly the book "Saving the Appearances," or even secondary commentaries on it.

He describes "original participation" as a consciousness in which there is no sense of individual self, but total immersion in the spirit world. And he describes the evolution of consciousness away from that original participation, to one in which the individual can have perspective (self vs. other) and individuate, in order to become free.

In the process of individuation, we developed the intellectual capacity for perspective and discrimination, which increases awarenss but necessarily loses that intimate connection with the spirit world. So we end up with awareness of the outer appearances of things as far as our senses can perceive, without supersensible perception of the phenomenal reality behind the appearances.

With original consciousness, we had intimacy with spirit but no individual freedom; with the process of individuation which now introduces the intellect (this Barfield calls "alpha thinking"), we now have the tendency toward materialism, which perceives objects of the outer world as abstractions with no spiritual reality behind them. So the evolutionary impulse is to go beyond either of those forms.

Then the task is to evolve in consciousness back into Spirit, but not to go back to "original participation" - this time to move forward with individual consciousness intact, and this he calls "final participation." (I just call that participation, and we can be moving in that direction.)

More detailed instructions are found in Rudolf Steiner's work, pretty challenging to work with, because he doesn't predigest the truth and hand it over to the reader, but lets the reader do the internal work to create it :).

This is a more western-oriented way of looking at things - not in the materialistic sense we usually associate with the west, but a lesser known esoteric western tradition.

-Karen

Imo, we spend a third of our lives entirely in non-physical dimensions and even when we are awake, the awareness of the physical zone is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagination, art, dreams, instincts, and feelings are a good midpoint and transduction tool to communicate between worlds.

Hi Michael,

I've already shared most of my experiences of out of body and near-death and of my sharing thoughts with beings that exist in another dimention than the reality we all experience, ( in a way that is at least similar enough to recognize as the same).

These experiences happened to me. They are difficult for many people to conceptualize as an accepted part of our potential experiences in this shared reality. They were not psychotic episodes. I have communicated with friends and loved ones while asleep, and we shared the remembered experience in "reality" over the phone - soon after.

I have deep bonds with those who have died that I loved when they lived. I often know when someone dies before I hear tell of it. Our spirits are real. Our consciousness can exist outside of our bodies. I have no doubt of these aspects of reality as I experience it. I do not think it extraordinary. We are all connected on a dynamic level of energy and consciousness.

The tic-toc of time and matter has a firm grasp on us because life is so very sweet and sharing this reality of energy slowed down to become matter is a real blessing to learn from. We are here to learn and propogate more life perhaps, or whatever our purpose may be, I hope we may each find it for ourselves and find our bliss in the doing of what calls to us. I do not recomend the path that I learned these things on. It was brutal and terrifying. But in the long-run a great boon to me as I continue to grow.

I sure hope this quest bares fruit for you, as it seems to be very much on your mind here...

Peace my brother- Pat

A Bardon Franz commentary is that until you cross a line, the entities you meet spring from archetypes

in your own subconscious. But cross that line and they are real. Real as you or me. Hmnnnn.

How to know? Is it a matter of time on the mat? A system like Bardon's? I recently purchased the book

Invoking Angels, which involves getting to know the 'top' angels in the Judaic framework. Where does

imagination give way to another reality? and how do we tell the difference?

THE WORKS OF BARDON - VOLUME 2

( http://www.glassbeadgame.com/magic.htm )

THE PRACTICE OF MAGICAL EVOCATION: INSTRUCTIONS

FOR INVOKING SPIRIT BEINGS FROM THE SPHERES SURROUNDING US.

First Published 1956. 492 Pages, w/Diagrams & Color Plates. Merkur Publishing. $45.00

"The second part discloses the names and signatures of the different heads, genii and intelligences of the

various planetary spheres in our solar system, how to communicate with them and also what their specific

tasks are. These heads or genii have their specific field; there is not one field of endeavor which is not covered

by one or another head, intelligence or genii. A detailed description of their expertise in a particular field is

listed in this book by name and sphere, and how to establish contact with these beings.

"It should however be mentioned that you cannot succeed in contacting these beings unless you have

practically and successfully completed the first volume 'Initiation into Hermetics', or you must have

at least successfully completed the eighth step."

Thanks Yen Hui, I'm not interested in contacting spirits or gaining powers. What attracted me to Bardons work is that his first steps are so sound psychologically. The introspective work is so thorough in his system. If that is all there was, it would still be a work of genius.

I want to know whats there. Whats here. Whats behind the curtain. What are the options that I don't know exist.

Again, I think there's one universe. We see it through the lenses of our system, the prism of our conditioning. For those who see outside the Tic Toc. What system helped you see beyond? How much was native talent?

I know its not an intellectual phenomena. There's no formula, treaty or rule that lowers the veil. There are pointers and grace, and spending time on the mat.

Michael

Thanks Yen Hui, I'm not interested in contacting spirits ...

Are you the same Michael that just purchased a book on Invoking Angels?

... or gaining powers.

Why study Taoism if you jave no interest in gaining power(s)?

What attracted me to Bardons work is that his first steps are so sound psychologically. The introspective work

is so thorough in his system. If that is all there was, it would still be a work of genius.

I want to know whats there. Whats here. Whats behind the curtain. What are the options that I don't know

exist.

Establishing contact with an Immortal, or even meeting one face-to-face might help resolve some of your

questions. B)

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do! How will I ever be able to read all these books? Perhaps I should just let things happen as they happen. It seems to me the more I try my hardest to come in "contact" with the spirit world the harder it is.

Maybe we ARE the spirits?

Hey Yen, I had a lot of resistance to buying a book like Invoking Angels. I enjoyed the authors previous book but was let down by 'Angels', I paged through it and didn't buy it. But then so many traditions have you calling on higher powers. For me that seemed like a cop out.

There's me, teachers of all stripes and G-d. Why introduce figures that are probably my own imagination into the picture.

Ultimately I suppose the reason is at a higher level its not your imagination(maybe). I'm still far from calling Taoist immortals, I'm more likely to shake my fist at one and say 'Get a job, you hippy' then have an indepth conversation with one. I don't see taoism as a path to power, far from it, unless its power over yourself.

At least the Invoking Angels is roughly from my own ancestoral back ground. It's not a new age view of thousands of personal angels, its more a few hierachical angels as a facet of G-ds prism. Accessible, through focus on their qualities... Not that I buy into it, but I'm reading and meditating on it.

Maybe such things rub off on one, til there is a gradual enlightenment. Or not.

Thats the story today. Yen, who have you met on your journeys?

Michael

Hi again,

Michael, why do you think that meeting such an evolved person as an "immortal" would bring out such a negative response? I have never met an immortal but hope I could share some time with one if I do. And why wouldn't the very act of transcendance that could manifest as what has been discribed to us as the attributes of an immortals' being - be a job in itself?

Artists, musicians, poets and philosophers, even theoretical mathamaticians - have often been chided and derided for not having a "real job". I find such views disturbing. When one is driven and works for years at creating a body of creative works, who are we to deny them merit? The example of V. Van Gogh comes to mind. He was not given any credence when alive and now his works are among the most valued.

Many aspects of human evolution may be mental rather than physical from now on.

Really cool outfits. Lots of sitting, standing or moving quietly. Tea. Breathing. Refreshing Breezes. Babbling waters. Natural attunements.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Spectrum

.., why do you think that meeting such an evolved person as an "immortal" would bring out such a negative response?
He was making a funny! :lol::lol:

(.. his point: indicating his level of disbelief.)

Really cool outfits.
I'm in it for the uniforms, the once-a-week Sons of Lao Tzu meetings, and the parades twice a year. :D

Last_Lodge_Meeting_2006web.jpg

Hey Wayfarer, as Trunk said, it was meant mostly in humour, also the reality is I'd walk past one unless they were glowing real good. In our culture one persons holy man is another's insane lunatic. If Jesus walked through downtown, unless he was pulling rabbits out of hats, he'd be met w/ 'Get a job, hippy', or worse. Heck the chasm between the religious true believer who worships and talks to G-d, and the atheist is large and volatile. They look at each other, one says get a life, the other, get an afterlife :), both see the other as less sane.

I started these 2 threads because I feel between both points. I need to get clarity. I can barely bring myself to worship G-d, let along any other entitities. By worship I mean trying to silently connect, feel G-d within and without.

Michael

I started these 2 threads because I feel between both points. I need to get clarity. I can barely bring myself to worship G-d, let along any other entitities. By worship I mean trying to silently connect, feel G-d within and without.

Michael

How about a dose of Kashmir Shaivism.

Everything is made of consciousness - god.

There is nothing that exists that is not god - even you - even me.

Worship yourself - honor yourself - god exists in you as you.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Hey TL,

I should have gotten it, as I'm usually throwing around the puns and quips etc...

I guess I'm losing my sense of humour...

"Again, I think there's one universe. We see it through the lenses of our system, the prism of our conditioning. For those who see outside the Tic Toc. What system helped you see beyond? How much was native talent?" thelerner.

at 6 years of age, I had an experience of leaving my body and entering the center of the sun.

at 13 I had an out-of-body experience during a life threatening illness.. ( I know now, as it has been stated, experience is colored by a conditioned mind.)

the "tic-toc" world to me is just the everydayworld of global miasma.

under, over and through all this, as it were, there is just this all vanished void.

it has been this way for me for many years, an accidental expulsion from the dream state, I guess you could call it. yet the world as it is, is real enough to me to function in, yet not belong to.

sorry, you asked, i answered : )

peace,

paul

It should go without saying that "gaining power(s)" refers specifically to the complete realization of our

innate capacities, or the awakening and developing of the latent powers of the soul. This is accomplished

only by harmonizing with the Great Way.

Really cool outfits. Lots of sitting, standing or moving quietly. Tea. Breathing. Refreshing Breezes. Babbling

waters. Natural attunements.

Unless all these things you mention above, Spectrum, are pursued as means of developing higher nature, and

the latent powers or abilities of the soul, then they merely deviate and obstruct your practice of the Tao.

The few quotations posted below (from Wilhelm's I Ching and one from the Huainanzi) illustrate my meaning,

regarding "gaining power(s)". However, it is more accurate to say that we are not so much "gaining" power

as preventing the "loss" of it through leakage. Nevertheless, the preservation and complete realization of this

innate power translates into many practical abilities, as will clearly appear from below. What follows below, in

my opinion, summarizes the essence of true Taoist philosophy and praxis.

HEXAGRAM 1

The first hexagram is made up of six unbroken lines. These unbroken lines stand for the primal power,

which is light-giving, active, strong, and of the spirit. The hexagram is consistently strong in character,

and since it is without weakness, its essence is power or energy. Its image is heaven. Its energy is

represented as unrestricted by any fixed conditions in space and is therefore conceived of as motion.

Time is regarded as the basis of this motion. Thus the hexagram includes also the power of time and

the power of persisting in time, that is, duration.

The power represented by the hexagram is to be interpreted in a dual sense in terms of its action on

the universe and of its action on the world of men. In relation to the universe, the hexagram expresses

the strong, creative action of the Deity. In relation to the human world, it denotes the creative action of

the holy man or sage, of the ruler or leader of men, who through his power awakens and develops

their higher nature.

THE IMAGE

The movement of heaven is full of power.

Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.

Since there is only one heaven, the doubling of the trigram Ch'ien, of which heaven is the image, indi-

cates the movement of heaven. One complete revolution of heaven makes a day, and the repetition of

the trigram means that each day is followed by another. This creates the idea of time. Since it is the

same heaven moving with untiring power, there is also created the idea of duration both in and

beyond time, a movement that never stops nor slackens, just as one day follows another in an un-

ending course. This duration in time is the image of the power inherent in the Creative.

With this image as a model, the sage learns how best to develop himself so that his influence

may endure. He must make himself strong in every way, by consciously casting out all that is in-

ferior and degrading. Thus he attains that tirelessness which depends upon consciously limiting the

fields of his activity. (@ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h1.html )

HEXAGRAM 2

THE IMAGE

The earth's condition is receptive devotion.

Thus the superior man who has breadth of character

Carries the outer world.

Just as there is only one heaven, so too there is only one earth. In the hexagram of heaven the doubling

of the trigram implies duration in time, but in the hexagram of earth the doubling connotes the solidity and

extension in space by virtue of which the earth is able to carry and preserve all things that live and move

upon it. The earth in its devotion carries all things, good and evil, without exception. In the same way the

superior man gives to his character breadth, purity, and sustaining power, so that he is able both to

support and to bear with people and things.

Six in the second place means:

Straight, square, great.

Without purpose,

Yet nothing remains unfurthered.

The symbol of heaven is the circle, and that of earth is the square. Thus squareness is a primary quality of

the earth. On the other hand, movement in a straight line, as well as magnitude, is a primary quality of the

Creative. But all square things have their origin in a straight line and in turn form solid bodies. In mathema-

tics, when we discriminate between lines, planes and solids, we find that rectangular planes result from

straight lines, and cubic magnitudes from rectangular planes. The Receptive accommodates itself to the

qualities of the Creative and makes them its own. Thus a square develops out of a straight line and a cube

out of a square. This is compliance with the laws of the Creative; nothing is taken away, nothing added.

Therefore the Receptive has no need of a special purpose of its own, nor of any effort, yet everything turns

out as it should.

Nature creates all beings without erring: this is its foursquareness. It tolerates all creatures equally: this is

its greatness. Therefore it attains what is right for all without artifice or special intentions. Man achieves

the height of wisdom when all that he does is as self-evident as what nature does.

(@ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h2.html )

A GENERAL PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE

(As Derived from Both Hexagrams One and Two, According to Huainanzi)

A general philosophy for people is that attention is to be fine while will is to be great; knowledge is to be

round while action is to be square; abilities are to be many while concerns are to be few.

Refinement of attention means to consider problems before they arise, to prepare against calamities before

they happen, to guard against faults, and to be wary of the subtle, not daring to indulge desires.

Greatness of will means to embrace all nations, to unify different customs, to include all people as if uniting

a single family, to see that judgments come together, and to be their hub.

Roundness of knowledge means to operate beginninglessly and endlessly, reaching all quarters, the deep

wellspring never exhausted, responding to all things as they arise in concert.

Squareness of action means to stand up straight without unruliness, to be plain, pure, and unaffected, not

to be quick to excitement in straits, and not to indulge in whims when successful.

To have many abilitites means to be competent in both martial and cultural arts, mannerly in action and

repose, to be able to act or refrain as is appropriate, and not to turn away from anything but to find what

is ultimately right in every situation.

To have few concerns means to master skills by holding the handle, to deal with the many by attaining the

essential, to govern the extensive by grasping the general, to control hyperactivity by being calm, and to

work on the pivotal, using the one to unite the myriad, like the joining of the pieces of a talisman.

So, those whose attention is fine regulate the subtle; those whose will is great embrace all. Those

whose knowledge is round know everything; those whose action is square refrain from doing certain

things. Those whose abilities are many accomplish everything; those whose concerns are few minimize

what they hold. (The Huainan Masters, Taoist Classics, V. 1, p. 399)

• Thanks 1

First thank you for your thoughtful reply.

However, it is more accurate to say that we are not so much "gaining" power

as preventing the "loss" of it through leakage. Nevertheless, the preservation and complete realization of this

innate power translates into many practical abilities, as will clearly appear from below. What follows below, in

my opinion, summarizes the essence of true Taoist philosophy and praxis

It is very refreshing to hear this view. My comments were meant as a light hearted response to a possibly misguided perception of power, a simple way to enage in more dialog...

I am enjoying rereading the last portion including "General Philosophy of Life".

Spectrum

My theory is that we all vibrate energy and that the spirits vibrate at a frequency so fast that we can not

usually see them. Much like a sound wave.

Hi there Moriko ~

While I am a relative newbie in this Forum, myself, allow me to extend a warm welcome to you here! :)

I like your theory about vibration frequencies, as it aligns perfectly with the teaching(s) of the I Ching

itself, as appears from the passages below:-

01 - "This first Section refers to the Book of Changes as a whole and to the fundamental principles

underlying it. The original purpose of the hexagrams was to consult destiny. As divine beings do not

give direct expression to their knowledge, a means had to be found by which they could make them-

selves intelligible. Suprahuman intelligence has from the beginning made use of three mediums of

expression - men, animals, and plants, in each of which life pulsates in a different rhythm."

( DISCUSSION OF THE TRIGRAMS, @ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/shou_kua.html )

02 - Confucius said: "Things that accord in tone vibrate together. Things that have affinity in their

inmost natures seek one another ... etc. What is born of heaven feels related to what is above. What

is born of earth feels related to what is below. Each follows its kind."

( HX 1 @ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h1.html )

03 - "Only because nature in its myriad forms corresponds with the myriad impulses of the Creative

can it make these impulses real. Nature's richness lies in its power to nourish all living things; its great-

ness lies in its power to give them beauty and splendor. Thus it prospers all that lives. It is the Creative

that begets things, but they are brought to birth by the Receptive."

( HX 2 @ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h2.html )

04 - "The enthusiasm (i.e. inspiration) of the heart expresses itself involuntarily in a burst of song,

in dance and rhythmic movement of the body. From immemorial times the inspiring effect of the invisible

sound that moves all hearts, and draws them together, has mystified mankind.

"Rulers have made use of this natural taste for music; they elevated and regulated it. Music was looked

upon as something serious and holy, designed to purify the feelings of men. It fell to music to glorify the

virtues of heroes and thus to construct a bridge to the world of the unseen. In the temple men drew near

to God with music and pantomimes ... etc. Religious feeling for the Creator of the world was united with

the most sacred of human feelings, that of reverence for the ancestors.

"The ancestors were invited to these divine services as guests of the Ruler of Heaven and as representa-

tives of humanity in the higher regions. This uniting of the human past with the Divinity in solemn moments

of religious inspiration established the bond between God and man. The ruler who revered the Divinity

in revering his ancestors became thereby the Son of Heaven, in whom the heavenly and the earthly world

met in mystical contact." ( @ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h16.html )

These are just a few passages that could be quoted in this connection. These are selected for their use of

key terms, such as: pulsates, rhythm, vibrates, feels. I am inclined to add one more: imagery. It is clear

from the above that the language of heaven is intimated in these terms. If we wish to communicate with

the higher powers, we must first learn their language. It appears that you are well on your way to making

contact. Just don't try too hard, as mystical contact cannot be forced before its time. It will happen

spontaneously when y/our receptivity level is attuned to the proper frequencies.

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do! How will I ever be able to read all these books?

There is no rush. Relax and take your time. Calm serenity is the Great Way!

Edited by Yen Hui

Those realms areonly realms because the mind is too cluttered. They are not separate atall, and are present, for the sake of saying present, all the times(no time).

We can only experience according to our karma. Cultivate certain causes, and one will attain the result.

Just because one may walk "consciously" with other beings of no hard physical form, doesn't mean someone else can.

Just because others cannot "consciously" walk with other beings, doesn't mean it is a figment of the imagination.

One can only experience what they can accept. One can only accept if they have affinities with what is being accepted.

Peace and Happiness,

Aiwei

• Like 1

Just don't try too hard, as mystical contact cannot be forced before its time. It will happen

spontaneously when y/our receptivity level is attuned to the proper frequencies.

Confucius said: "Things that accord in tone vibrate together. Things that have affinity in their

inmost natures seek one another ... etc. What is born of heaven feels related to what is

above. What is born of earth feels related to what is below. Each follows its kind."

( HX 1 @ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h1.html )

01) Hexagram One says:- "The specific meanings of the four attributes became the subject of speculation at an

early date. The Chinese word here rendered by "sublime" means literally "head," "origin," "great." This is why

Confucius says in explaining it: "Great indeed is the generating power of the Creative; all beings owe their

beginning to it. This power permeates all heaven." For this attribute inheres in the other three as well.

The beginning of all things lies still in the beyond in the form of ideas that have yet to become real. But

the Creative furthermore has power to lend form to these archetypes of ideas." ( cf. @ http://www.geocities.com/clearlight610/chou_i/h1.html )

EXCERPTS FROM The Shaolin Grandmaster's Text :-

02) The emotional state of a person can be measured as a vibratory rate. Changes in this vibration output

are measured in part by lie detectors. Our human minds are well tuned to Klaviermusik (Bach, et al), basic

percussion drumming, and deep resonant sounds. These vibrations can help bring us into meditative states.

Such deep contemplative states intensify our ability to study, cure illness, relax, and concentrate. As the

vibration rate increases, mental planes of operation increase also. Active music, for example, often inspires

us to progress from thought to deed. Consider the effect of military march music on a crowd! However, your

vibratory rate only increases if you are enjoying what you are doing. Otherwise, even though pulse and

respiration rates may go up, the psychic vibratory rate goes down. This explains the detrimental effect of

boredom or depression on a soul, slowing it down even in the presence of activity and 'stress'.

03) The most common method to increase the rate of vibration is ... etc. etc. etc. ...

04) Various substances can help or hinder one's ability to sense, and harmonize with, vibrations ... etc. etc.

04) According to Albert Einstein, matter simply is energy - manifesting in a slightly different manner. Shaolin

achieves Ch'i Kung mastery by attuning the practitioner's mind to these vibrations. Empathy and clairvoyance

are skills that utilize fine-tuning of vibrations at various levels. In the last century, our physics has come to

what may be an understanding of matter that is compatible with rather ancient, eastern concepts of ch'i. ( pp.

247-248 )