Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Dimensions of Dialogue (ie. global, effective, inner) and Journaling (dream, public, private))

In my final semester, I am studying and engaging in dialogue with Taoists, peace activists and educators. I am also keeping a journal of these interactions and studying journal learning. All of this is being studied in relation to my undergraduate work (in holism, peace studies and holistic medicine, or progressive education).

So my questions for Tao bums are:

Do you keep a journal? If so, briefly explain your experience/s? Resources about this topic?

Same for dialogue. Do you engage in effective or global, or inner dialogue (well everyone uses inner dialog, I guess the question, then, is: How often is it conscious?) and what are your experiences of this?

How do you feel about dialogue in general?

Here is a good one:

What are some of the greatest dialogues you have experience or participated in?

What are your thoughts about these questions?

:) Thank you for helping my project!!! :)

Edited by GrandTrinity

I've kept a lot of journals... Morning pages (as described in the artist's way), writing notebooks (using exercises from Natalie Goldberg's books, from the book poemcrazy, from a mel ash book), a journal for just graphics (cutouts and stickers, mostly), my own notebooks, etc. Sark has a fun journal, too. Of course I write in them less now that I blog more.

When I think of dialogue, I think of the Socratic method, of dialogues in the classroom, and I have many examples of great dialogues on books... Paolo Freire is a good resource.

This site is a a gold mine of global dialogue. Spend some time hunting down the best threads, bam you have 20 or 30 pages of very interesting philosophical dialogue. With permision there are some interesting personal logs here and on the HT site that could make interesting fodder.

Michael

Sign in to follow this