34 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I said "Many", not "All", LL. ;) 

I know.  You´ve got more real world experience in this area so perhaps I should bow to your field testing.  it´s just that my gut feeling is that classifications like "jock" and "nice guy" aren´t useful or accurate even in a general sense.  I don´t think a person has to diverge from what some might consider stereotypical asian characteristics (nerdiness, for instance) in order to be attractive.  I think a person can be shy, smart, and short and still get the girl.

If a chorus of shy, smart, short heterosexual asian men speak up and tell me I´m wrong, I´ll recant.

Just now, liminal_luke said:

I know.  You´ve got more real world experience in this area so perhaps I should bow to your field testing.  it´s just that my gut feeling is that classifications like "jock" and "nice guy" aren´t useful or accurate even in a general sense.  I don´t think a person has to diverge from what some might consider stereotypical asian characteristics (nerdiness, for instance) in order to be attractive.  I think a person can be shy, smart, and short and still get the girl.

If a chorus of shy, smart, short heterosexual asian men speak up and tell me I´m wrong, I´ll recant.

Of course a guy can be shy, smart, and short and still get the girl. 

I'm shy and short, but did just fine myself. 

Saying "Hi" to someone doesn't mean you're not shy! 

Those classifications of "jock" or "nice guy" are broad deliberately because they are common ways people characterize themselves and thusly we get broad solutions to it before we get to nuance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Of course a guy can be shy, smart, and short and still get the girl. 

I'm shy and short, but did just fine myself. 

You forgot to mention that you´re smart.

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

You forgot to mention that you´re smart.

Naaaaaaaah. If I were smart, I'd be saving my posts for a book rather than posting on the forum all the time. :D 

But yeah, I wouldn't toot my own horn for what I am, but what I do and what I know. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

The Filipinos then argued they were Pacific Islanders because they didn't want to be part of the "small and weak" Asian stereotype and wanted to belong to "big and strong warrior" stereotype associated with them.

Case-in-point...the negative stereotyping of Asian men IS indeed so strong and prevalent in the US...that a whole group will disown their membership in that group to avoid it.  Even though genetically, Filipinos descended mostly from China (a long ass time ago)...

MANILA, Philippines - A majority of Filipinos today come from populations that migrated to the archipelago some 6,000 years ago from mainland China and Taiwan, according to initial findings of a Spanish biologist who is studying the historical evolution of the genetic diversity of the Philippines.
Less than 25% are of Malay extraction, ancestral or indigenous origin in their female lineage, the DNA components inherited from the mother and grandmother, the initial findings of Spanish biologist Antonio Gonzalez-Martin show.
"From what we have seen so far, an important part of the maternal lineage is connected to groups that migrated from China or Taiwan between 4,000 and 6,000 years ago, when the modernization of crop systems created a food surplus that fueled migration" to Southeast Asia, said Gonzalez.

It's similar to how Hollywood actors often Anglicized their names in order to appeal more to the Anglo audience.  Of course, some refused, like Arnold Schwarzenegger...but were alpha enough to still overcome the racism.

Because either you're strong enough to break the (bad) rules...or you're weak enough to let the (bad) rules break you.

Anyways, the real question is why aren't Russians considered Asian-Americans here?  I mean, they geographically have the furthest East Asians of all? :lol:

The+Continents+Chart.jpg

20 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I think a person can be shy, smart, and short and still get the girl.

Well, shyness/inhibition is generally going to be a universal negative for all men with women.  IRL, if a dude can't carry a decent conversation, he's not going to get very far...

OTOH, if a woman thinks a guy is ugly...she probably won't care whatever he has to say, either, lol...

Edited by gendao

2 minutes ago, gendao said:

Anyways, the real question is why aren't Russians considered Asian-Americans here?  I mean, they geographically have the furthest East Asians of all?

I actually used that argument, and then showed pictures of the really, really eastward Russians to some collegemates. 

Blank stares.

Then I asked people in the UN why they list Mongolia as South Asia and introduced a friend from their who asked why nobody asked Mongolians where they consider their country situated. 

• Like 1

@gendao

As you turned down bathroom nookie with what you considered a hot woman, any further argument you present is now suspect. I.e. she was "forced" into involuntary celibacy by you (your rejection). :lol:

Or maybe (you secretly believe) people really should have some right when it comes to when they engage in sexual activity and with whom..

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

@gendao

As you turned down bathroom nookie with what you considered a hot woman, any further argument you present is now suspect. I.e. she was "forced" into involuntary celibacy by you (your rejection). :lol:

Or maybe (you secretly believe) people really should have some right when it comes to when they engage in sexual activity and with whom..

Lol, and she even dragged me into her nearby bedroom after that...  But again, all I could think about was subsequently splattering her walls with brown Jackson Pollack sh*t and then NEVER LIVING THAT DOWN, EVER!  Which I am absolutely sure would have happened.  Imagine trying to pound a chick while holding in a sh*t bag ready to burst!  Not to mention, I already had another date lined up - which is what she was desperately trying to detour me from in the first place.  And I'm not one to flake.  But, I still regret not telling her the real reason why I had rejected her advances though - which was entirely not personal and probably not what she could have ever possibly imagined, lol!  Maybe I'll message her one day...

And of course I believe that.  I was actually BJ-"raped" once myself after a girl relentlessly insisted on at least sucking me off after I fended her off for 3 hours in a hotel room.  Hey, even that would've been OK...except it ended up tanking another on/off relationship I was in, so regretfully had some very bad consequences for me afterwards...  I've found that women can get really bold physically with men - because they believe we can't retaliate and society will always side with them as the victims.

Anyways, you don't have to actually be an "incel" to see the truth to a lot of their stark observations about the mating game, once you wipe all the BS off the facades.  The ones who deny it the most are the guys just one rung above them and still buy into the Disneyfied fairy tales.  Wilt Chamberlain famously slept with thousands of groupies...  Do you think he thought they wanted him primarily for his "personality" for one instant? 

“It was the ’70s, and I was living with these three hip single ladies, all always going out on dates all the time, dating football players and basketball players,” he said. “Oh yeah, my mom, she dated Wilt Chamberlain. She was one of 1,000.” - Quentin Tarantino

It's not also just the sheer quantity, either...but what was demanded of him with them.  Do you think he had to play by the "rules" (for "lesser" men) and stay faithful to just one woman at a time, empathetically listen to her, romance her, take her out on special occasions, etc, etc?  FAWK NO.

Where a guy at the bottom of the pecking order would feel lucky to get married..that would be a MASSIVE, MASSIVE SACRIFICE for him at the top...just to put things in relative perspective.

Edited by gendao

Is it just me or is there a lot of rage behind the way incels and incel sympathizers talk about women and the sex they´d alledgedly like to be having with them?  I´m sure they have their reasons.  Unfortunately, having rageful sex with a person a man has dehumanized and subjugated in his mind (or by whom he feels dehumanized and subjugated) will not resolve this dynamic.

Edited by liminal_luke

8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Is it just me or is there a lot of rage behind the way incels and incel sympathizers talk about women and the sex ..

I hear it and it sets up barriers to having a good relationship.  They become the male version of the 'man-eating' feminists they rail against.  Complete with long lists of hand picked internet anecdotes that perfectly prove there point. 

• Thanks 1