Wu Ming Jen

Why do females progress faster on the way

OK I will start out with a non-mental concept but a physiological one. Without going into to too much detail females are more internal and males are more external.

On a meditative stand point the obstacle for males is the ego and the obstacle for women is the emotions.

In my experience females seem to have a knack for internal awareness and progress faster compared to males.

Please add your thoughts and your own experiences.

A lot depends on the approach you take, the Dalai Lama says that in Tibetan Buddhism women have a potential advantage over men because they have the stronger child rearing instinct which they can tap into to develop their compassion, but not enough women make the most of this.

With the direct non duality approaches though it makes no difference if you are male or female as presence is the same no matter what or who you are

• Like 1

I agree men and women are not different at a the spiritual level although at the physiological temporal condition there is difference.

On a meditative stand point the obstacle for males is the ego and the obstacle for women is the emotions.

In my experience females seem to have a knack for internal awareness and progress faster compared to males.

Ego, emotions, awareness: all of these can be addressed in trance (hypnotic) meditation. With suggestion, no ego, no emotions, and cultivated awareness as needed.

Edited by silas
  • Like 1

Sorry but I totally disagree with your opinion. It falls beyond the ego and emotions thing. The first thing you need to question is why the always flowing consciousness of the individual in question is reborn as a male or female in the first place. Females have the drawback of maternity, bringing new "souls" to this plane, the rest (including spiritual issues) matters little to them. Their inherent yin nature makes them difficult or basically impossible to reach enlightenment in this very lifetime. They don't have the required fuel (jing) to succeed.

How many female arahants have you come across in the last millenium?

Sexual vitality and true vitality are two different things .Woman do not lose jing during sex where men do. I live in the land of Immortals and there are many accomplished female Tao Practitioners here, more then men.

I never heard of a woman capable of performing true Fajin (= transfer of condensed high frequenzy mind+chi fusion) and therefore never of a Nei Kung mistress!

Any videos/infos somewhere?

Edit: Not to mention a woman being able of performing golden bell! :lol:

Edited by Dorian Black

BULLSHIT! :angry:

So where the hell are those fast progressing Nei Kung mistresses who kick ass, train Nei Kung all day long, head straight to immortality and who have awesome internal power and a tantien with the density of a black hole and who are possessed by creating & storing up internal power instead of being possessed of wasting their generative force & their whole lives to create & bring up myriads of offspring and looking after puppies all day long??

Obviously they only exist in fiction (...and in my wicked sexual fantasies!) but not a single one exists in reality!

Another reason to be seriously disappointed of humanity! :angry:

14lu461.gif

2a92u4w.gif

I'd be happy for getting presented proof against my thesis!

Edited by Dorian Black

Come visit Wu Dang Mountain I will introduce you to many woman and let some true skill open your eyes.

Thank you, this sounds like an invitation to visit heaven! :lol:

Well, why do these women there walk the reverse path than obviously all other women on the rest of our planet?

Do they really train to achieve immortality and internal power? :wub:

In what system(s) do they train in?

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

Heaven on earth. yes they are walking the other way back into the gate of life. Many systems are taught some with very obscure names not know to the general public other more well known martial arts, chi gung, internal alchemy, herbs,(over 400 on the mountain) healing, chi transmission and what we call spooky arts, we don't talk about these spooky arts except with classmates (kung fu brothers and sisters)Yep it is all coed with foreigners from around the world as well that come and go. good times

• Like 1

My personal take on it is that they are vastly superior at working with yin energy, and have a limitless supply of yang energy available to them.

The one limiting factor is that "most" lack ambition and dedication and interest in such areas (I am generalizing)

OK I will start out with a non-mental concept but a physiological one. Without going into to too much detail females are more internal and males are more external.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Talking very generally here but in my experience many women automatically have highly developed qualities like intuition and emotional/energetic sensitivity, but very few have really mastered those qualities.

So I think their being is naturally more centred in the left emotional side of the body and because they are centred there it requires less work for them to gain development in that area, but that area is only one side of a human being, I assume it is then more difficult for a woman to master the right hand masculine side. Which reminds me of Ya Mu's book, after the initial training the female had to go and search for power and the male search for wisdom, if one is centred in either the yin or the yang it requires development of the other side to gain balance, so overall in the long run I don't know if they have an advantage.

Heaven on earth. yes they are walking the other way back into the gate of life. Many systems are taught some with very obscure names not know to the general public other more well known martial arts, chi gung, internal alchemy, herbs,(over 400 on the mountain) healing, chi transmission and what we call spooky arts, we don't talk about these spooky arts except with classmates (kung fu brothers and sisters)Yep it is all coed with foreigners from around the world as well that come and go. good times

WuMingJen. Spooky arts! I love it.

• Like 1

Wu Dang Mountain(s) = Birthplace of T'ai Chi Ch'uan ????

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

Men are yang outside and yin inside.

Women are yin outside and yang inside.

So i suppose this is good for female inner alchemy.

Is this a geograpical location on earth?

Yes, it's called Avalon...I mean Wu Dang Mountain! :D

• Like 1

The male orientation toward self assertion is a big draw back in spiritual practice.

But on the other hand that might be precisely what draws men towards it and gives them a lot of drive, perhaps the further away from union you assert yourself the stronger the longing and drive there is to return, the more separate you feel the stronger the force is puling you back.

Men naturally become more removed from the earth by the natural process while growing up of identifying themselves away from the mother towards the father, while women through their ability to give birth remain more connected to the cycles of life. So adult men perceive themselves as further away from union with the whole, which is why as Desmond Tutu says the male human is probably the most isolated and thus fearful of all of God's creatures and perceive themselves further removed from Gods love than anything else on the planet, so they may need spirituality more otherwise that disconnect can manifest in ways like trying to prove themselves as worthy and fighting wars etc.. So men may feel a spiritual drive to reconnect to the whole more strongly than women as they feel more disconnected, which might be part of the reason why you get so many male teachers and males who write books and male spiritual figures.

• Like 1

Men like broadcasting themselves, thats the sole reason you have more male presence in the world of articulation.

I trust you are right, Jetsun, that men suffer from seperation and those that seek spiritually feel the need to remove that sense of seperation.

It is much easier for a woman to know she is not seperate from nature and life.

Interesting discussion. Thanks. :)

I see it a little differently. Men tend to naturally be more mind focused. Women tend to be more heart focused. Both components need to come into balance. As you and Jetsun have said, men tend suffer from separation, but women tend to suffer from attachment. Both need to be let go.