curious

question about condensing breathing and other questions

tired it using the technique described by wayson liao in his book, and I definitely felt a spark of vitality about an hour later, in both limbs and arms and it felt like I was bringing back some jing and like a pleasant internal massage of healthy life force

my questions are to anyone who may know

do you have to do considerable tai chi to tranform chi into jing as I have just begun, after my chi feeling quite low/perhaps blocked

does chi sometimes transform naturally into jing, have read before that chi, jing and shen, despite being described as different can interchange and kinda bleed into each other

is Gary Clyman condensing worth trying, saw a link on you tube earlier

has anyone suffered any ill effects from the condensing breathing, am just doing this to restore life force, as been feeling quite depleted for a while and wish to change, jobs, write, more and bring about more positive change in my life

is it just me or does treadmill cardio use up a lot of energy even if it's just interval walking speeds

are there any techniques to help with sexual desire, build up while, one retains the semen for jing cultivation

The jing that you are referring to is "power".

If you are already doing it bone by bone then continue that way until you've done every bone. After that then do the entire body.

Clyman is ok. I don't promote him really. I promote Liao or an ordained Master of the Taichitao center. Will Clyman give you power? Yes. If you practice what's in Liaos classics and then buy Clymans stuff you might do better. I'm going through the classics again and I'm seeing things much differently now that I have experience.

by every bone

what literally, like a finger bone, a thumb bone

what skeleton do you study in order to have a chance to do that ?

by every bone

what literally, like a finger bone, a thumb bone

what skeleton do you study in order to have a chance to do that ?

The spine is most important. Look up skeleton anatomy on google images. You don't have to do every bone but of you've started that way then you should see it through I think.

The spine is most important. Look up skeleton anatomy on google images. You don't have to do every bone but of you've started that way then you should see it through I think.

I personally prefer Gary Clyman's "streamlined" version to the classic version of condensing into every single bone.

I tried both versions and the results seem to be superior if I suck into the five center lines (which equal the five bows of Taichi) of Clyman's version instead of sucking into every single bone of the body.

I'm not sure if there is a point in sucking into the jaw bone, the ribs,...

Dorian , I take it, you have to keep on cultiaving chi in order to have it, to convert to jing with the breathing, I know we have chi naturally like jing and shen but is it not true, that, if chi is low, we may be drawing off that to convert it into, jing, thus having power but not much juice in the engine

does that make any sense ?

Dorian , I take it, you have to keep on cultiaving chi in order to have it, to convert to jing with the breathing, I know we have chi naturally like jing and shen but is it not true, that, if chi is low, we may be drawing off that to convert it into, jing, thus having power but not much juice in the engine

It does.

You need to cultivate qi with the flow of the yang form.

Also, when you do suck qi into the bones you need to breath with the skin, sucking in qi outside your body. Like pore breathing but into the bones.

well yes, have been drawing chi from the air when I tired condensed breathing and it has been quite effective but yesterday, seem to pull it by mistake from the dan tien and sure, I felt a loss there

yang form, not sure I have done that yet

so far, have only been using a made easy tai chi dvd( which has definitely helped a lot) by guy called Ian Fox

I noted Paul Lam has a 44 minute vid on you tube and have looked at Wayson Liao site but his dvds are quite pricey, though I would probably buy one but need I guess, a beginners one

I

If you buy just 1 buy 8forms 6 components. It's a great qi promoting DVD.

I can't link it on this phone or I would.

I think the full title is

8 forms 6 essential components

Google it with taichitaocenter and it should come up.

It's easy. Step by step. He explains when you should feel the qi, stuff like that. It's not advanced really.

ok, mate will give it a whirl come pay day, I take it the angles of the camera are well thought out so you can actually reproduce the forms, without getting confused

ok, mate will give it a whirl come pay day, I take it the angles of the camera are well thought out so you can actually reproduce the forms, without getting confused

And well lit. His vids are good.